Duraflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
The refina s*p*r*lex is it the 4x3/4 one mate the new size if it is let us know what it's like pal
@scottie5 used the new Refina and id rather he explain his findings on it. Ive always preferred the Refina superted as the nela was flimsy in my opinion and just went over bumps and not help flatten them. This new nela apart from a bellend coloured handle is a cracker and ive even shocked myself but credit where its due wether i like the product or not

You know with MARSHALLTOWN you're getting absolute bombproof quality. They don't produce any shite! I haven't got a duraflex but if I saw one in a local shop I'd definitely pick one up.
REFINA s*p*r*lex's are an absolute cracker of a trowel. REFINA again produce quality and I've never heard of any falling apart which leaves me with no doubt of buying another from them. My REFINA has been absolutely hammered and it's still as good as it's ever been. I'm not even sure I could be happier with another trowel than the REFINA.
I'd like to hear more about the MARSHALLTOWN DURAFLEX though.

You know with MARSHALLTOWN you're getting absolute bombproof quality. They don't produce any shite! I haven't got a duraflex but if I saw one in a local shop I'd definitely pick one up.
REFINA s*p*r*lex's are an absolute cracker of a trowel. REFINA again produce quality and I've never heard of any falling apart which leaves me with no doubt of buying another from them. My REFINA has been absolutely hammered and it's still as good as it's ever been. I'm not even sure I could be happier with another trowel than the REFINA.
I going to order one ...get what ya saying..wack phoned me Thursday for the beads deal with a duraflex thrown in

Can someone clarify what the duraflex is for? Is from start to finish or flattening and trowelling? or just trowelling like s*p*r*lex.

Has anybody else got a mt duraflex?

marshalltown have 4 different types of duraflex. i have the premier quality one with a long tang, there is also a premier with a short tang for more flex. there is a cheaper model the duraflex goldback also with both the long tang and the short tang.

marshalltown have 4 different types of duraflex. i have the premier quality one with a long tang, there is also a premier with a short tang for more flex. there is a cheaper model the duraflex goldback also with both the long tang and the short tang.
That's over complicating things really don't you think? Until you use them all you wouldn't know which one you'd want the most.

Can someone clarify what the duraflex is for? Is from start to finish or flattening and trowelling? or just trowelling like s*p*r*lex.
I was under the impression it's a middle of the road sort of trowel that has the potential to do both laying on and trowelling up. Saving the need for 46 other trowels to skim with.

the duraflex has a lot less flex then the refina s*p*r*lex. i still finish with the refina, as i have not used the duraflex much yet as we have a lot of bucket coat on at the moment.

Not that a normal trowel couldn't do this but with the craze in trowel variety personally I think things should go back to basics with one good trowel that can do all.

With NeLa you need to remember they are very new to the market - things will happen as its a learning curve and sadly thats part of life. It was only a small batch NeLa had an issue with but the turnaround on creating the newly designed and better tested product is great IMO - I needed them to act fast! Its also one product they have ever had an issue with.

Both of the other makes have had issues in the past. MT probably a long time before any of us can remember. There is no denying they are the benchmark of all trowels as they have the reputation and experience to back it up. I have heard good things about the DuraFLEX to be fair.

NeLa and MT are actual manufacturers of products as well, not just re-sellers.

C'mon Scottie you trowel s**t let us know

It's a good trowel to lay on with but doesn't finish as well as the original it's a tad stiffer so possibly it needs a little more breaking in then the mark1, trying to finish with it leaves behind those tiny little tears almost like little white stripes unless you apply loads of pressure which seems a bit pointless working harder to achieve them same finish I mean.
The new Mark2 refina is only 5mm narrower then the original so in essence it's about the same size as the Mark1 a little stiffer and takes a bit more effort to get the same result.
I hoping it maybe better once broken in a bit more cause if it isn't then refina have made a pointless trowel.

That's over complicating things really don't you think? Until you use them all you wouldn't know which one you'd want the most.

something for everyone. i do like my duraflex with a wooden handle the premier are rare trowels in the uk. the short tang trowel is a little cheaper. the duraflex goldback has the durasoft handle and is the basic model

It's a good trowel to lay on with but doesn't finish as well as the original it's a tad stiffer so possibly it needs a little more breaking in then the mark1, trying to finish with it leaves behind those tiny little tears almost like little white stripes unless you apply loads of pressure which seems a bit pointless working harder to achieve them same finish I mean.
The new Mark2 refina is only 5mm narrower then the original so in essence it's about the same size as the Mark1 a little stiffer and takes a bit more effort to get the same result.
I hoping it maybe better once broken in a bit more cause if it isn't then refina have made a pointless trowel.
Cheers Mucca

The new Nela is bloody good mate have a word with Ryan to sort you one out (y)

Tell me more! I never buy these bulk deals and I've got a fair sized lock up. How many boxes?
If it's the same duraflex wack whole sale phone all the time with pva beads deals if you look online I think if the order is over £100 they chuck in a duraflex free this week.all on credit not sure what beads they are ...I bulk buy pva of a friend called trotter so said I would look and phone back...think the beads work out 80p ish

He ordered a Bespoke a long time ago which got damaged in transit. Its taken so long to get a replacement so I have asked Frank (owner of NeLa) to make the Bespoke for Scott and I will also send him the new MediFLEX as an apology
Well tell him to send me some German Bier as an apology for sticking my neck out on his products !! :birra:

If it's the same duraflex wack whole sale phone all the time with pva beads deals if you look online I think if the order is over £100 they chuck in a duraflex free this week.all on credit not sure what beads they are ...I bulk buy pva of a friend called trotter so said I would look and phone back...think the beads work out 80p ish
I'll look into that (y)

A

are you on about the nela sf 2 Greg
The new medi flex mate its just like the Refina but slightly more flexible and better machined (ideal straight from the box ) the refina needs a touch of steel wool to take the slughf burrs out

@malc when you've used your trowel properly on skimming get a review on here for the lurkers and the undecided.
In the meantime I'm going to get my hands on one and I'll throw a lengthy review on. Nobody seems to have given them a proper go yet so they've not been covered much on here. I'm sure it would be very helpful (y)

Not sure myself lodan best to order and find out Marshalltown is most peoples first trowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.