Certified Plasterer Scheme - Q&A

Members online

Ive just finished a 7k job with the 2 yr certified garantee scheme. I've priced another £18k of work through it and got the go ahead with £3k.
Keep typing keyboard warriors :asadito:

You've been mugged off paying £250 for £28k. :aburrido:

Laugh but I guarantee in 12 months time I'll be correct that this scheme is flawed, costly and those on it will be complaining about it.

Laugh but I guarantee in 12 months time I'll be correct that this scheme is flawed, costly and those on it will be complaining about it.

It is, they all are, and people will complain.

No method for getting work is either perfect or effort free. Some people will get a website then complain that it's a waste of money because all they've done is sit back and wait.

My point is that for the price of a small ad in one edition of a local newspaper you'll get a far greater exposure to customers, people putting you in contact with customers, and the level of publicity that only a company the size of BG can afford.

I've met some stupid people in my life but I'd like to offer you a biscuit gps. If in 12 months time you get food poisoning, blame me

It is, they all are, and people will complain.

No method for getting work is either perfect or effort free. Some people will get a website then complain that it's a waste of money because all they've done is sit back and wait.

My point is that for the price of a small ad in one edition of a local newspaper you'll get a far greater exposure to customers, people putting you in contact with customers, and the level of publicity that only a company the size of BG can afford.

The general public do not have the foggiest who they are lol, what exposure are they getting its only those in the building trade know of British gypsum,

Customers go on the internet type in plasterer not plastering manufacturer

The general public do not have the foggiest who they are lol, what exposure are they getting its only those in the building trade know of British gypsum,

Then how are the lad's off here getting work from it. If the public don't know who they are. Lets be honest they are not a small company. I don't get your problem with the hole thing. At the end of the day 250 is f**k**g all money. But I have to give it to u. U don't give up lol.

I think most customers no who British gypsum are its like when a painter mentions dulux paint little silly to say that! Most customers ive told raise an eyebrow as if it's a good thing gives plasterers abit more recognition and confidence from the customer ... People who are doubting this im sure wil be proven wrong and hope they will hold there hand up and have a bit of positivity when other new things start up..

Then how are the lad's off here getting work from it. If the public don't know who they are. Lets be honest they are not a small company. I don't get your problem with the hole thing. At the end of the day 250 is f**k**g all money. But I have to give it to u. U don't give up lol.

The truth is I don't have a problem with it? My main issue is with those saying it's free when it's not and the theory that being on it some how makes you a better plasterer. On the rooms made for you website British gypsum have wiped there hands of it all so I do not understand that, I've mentioned it loads but even mr bg himself @theplasterman ignores it

From the website and the publicity campaign that will inevitably follow. You're right, the go on the internet and type plasterer.

So who's web site is going to come up? Which company will they choose? Will it be 'Dave's dabbing'? 'Simon's spreading'? Or will it perhaps be the web site of a multi-million pound multi-national company who can chuck marketing money at the project in amounts that would buy and sell half the plastering firms in the UK? The web site that describes their members as plastering gods who have been checked, vetted, vaccinated and neutered?

It's marketing, and joining a scheme allows a small business to go along for the ride on a budget they'd never get near.

I know you don't like the idea, and don't want to be part of it. That's your choice, but it can't be denied that these schemes work.

I think most customers no who British gypsum are its like when a painter mentions dulux paint little silly to say that! Most customers ive told raise an eyebrow as if it's a good thing gives plasterers abit more recognition and confidence from the customer ... People who are doubting this im sure wil be proven wrong and hope they will hold there hand up and have a bit of positivity when other new things start up..

Most don't even know it's called skimming lol

As the scheme has grown and more members join plasterers on it are posting up the progress of job leads they get and do, home owners are aware and will become more aware as time moves on like anything new.Like I said in other thread it ain't just work for homes that peeps get leads for the spectrum of work is wide .. Hotels know who they are also for example

WP_20150331_13_52_34_Pro.jpg

That's £250 paid for itself already

He might aswell have this argument on his own .. Alls there seems to be is positive reactions from the leads the plasterers on the scheme have had so far.. No negatives what I've heard so we're he is going I don't no

It's pointless. He is a very uneducated person that needs direction, hence gps. You can lead a donkey to water but........

I remember being a lone voice with a stone impression man a few years back and oh how right I was then but hey I'm uneducated, how many from here wasted money on a course for absolutely bugger all, Danny even offered to ban me because I was such a thorn in his backside but I was right

I remember being a lone voice with a stone impression man a few years back and oh how right I was then but hey I'm uneducated, how many from here wasted money on a course for absolutely bugger all, Danny even offered to ban me because I was such a thorn in his backside but I was right
Ban u are u serious. I think there has only 2 or 3 ban from here.

He might aswell have this argument on his own .. Alls there seems to be is positive reactions from the leads the plasterers on the scheme have had so far.. No negatives what I've heard so we're he is going I don't no

Clearly was not part of the other deleted thread then, but believe what you like and fill your boots

It's pointless. He is a very uneducated person that needs direction, hence gps. You can lead a donkey to water but........
Jealousy is ripping here..

Some are in.. and others are left on the outside..hence Gary (the secret jock ginger scrounging cunnt)is a tad flustered.. Nose out of joint kinda thing..
:LOL:

Oh what a F*****g hero :numberone:

I imagine all will be revealed next week, let's see if they answer all question without skirting around issues, like the terms of use for potential clients that leaves them high and dry, think I'm making it up ? read it.

And this proves what ffs
That I wouldn't of had done that job without the lead they gave.
It was a job a while ago that tbh I wouldn't of normally done , I got enough of my own work/jobs to do most of the time like most plasterers but to have the odd job by being on scheme is just another way to get work.Would I have normally got a job in a hotel myself? Honestly answer..no.

As soon as you use a product that aint bg you are onto plumbs with warranty.
grit at over £60 bangers no substitute, all bg tape ,were do i stop.
you better be stocked up with all bg products.
now guys remember no pva allowed. The British Gypsum guarantee will cover complimentary products used in the plastering process but does not include products manufactured by competitor firms.

i cant see what the problem is. its free for the moment. if you get work, bonus. if you don't move on. when you pay starting next year, what dent is £250 or whatever going to make? none.
if the general public aren't aware who bg are, they soon will be as there will be hundreds of vans driving around with the bg logo on the side, and people will start checking the web site. i would have thought the majority of work obtained from it would be more high end.
seems like a winner for all concerned. bg get free advertising, sell more products, and those certified get work from it.
so theres 100 on the scheme at £250 a year? that's £25000 a year to bg, enough to pay someone to administer it. bg will be making money from the free advertising and increased product sell. more brand awareness among the general public
seems similar to the dulux select decorator.

http://www.duluxselectdecorators.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

http://www.bib-n-braces.com/viewtopic.php?t=538

the only drawback would be that bg have terrible interpersonal skills. they never bother answering tags on here. whoevers remit it is to liaise with this forum - which you would think they would want to do as they are a sponsor - needs a slap. this whole thread and the previous one could have been put to bed by them giving ten minutes at the end of each day to read the questions and give an answer. and ive no doubt they've read the threads. but instead they will make you wait until next friday. they probably read it and p1ss themselves laughing. other sponsors on here are tagged and come on and explain and answer and join in with the banter. because they are real people and are able to. there's been a few posts on this thread that state they contacted bg about the scheme and never heard back. not even an automated mail response.

its really about selling more products and getting a free nationwide brand awareness and nationwide adverting campaign.