Your Vans and what you drive

Saw a documentary recently. Electric cars that don't need to be plugged in, just park them over a docking pad thing that is plugged in.
And then some university in France has put loads of them in the road surface...so the car charges as it drives......knocking on the head the low range issue.......I'm sure this will be the future.....

They can't even fill in pot holes, so digging the road up to fit charge pads seems unlikely.

They can't even fill in pot holes, so digging the road up to fit charge pads seems unlikely.
Tesla....the leccy car maker....have made individual photovoltaic looky-likey slates that when laid just as a normal slate, combine together to make the whole roof solar powered...... so it wouldn't be much of a leap to maybe have solar gaining tarmac??? Maybe??
Although I can remember "tomorrow's world" predicting such stuff years and years ago.....

Tesla....the leccy car maker....have made individual photovoltaic looky-likey slates that when laid just as a normal slate, combine together to make the whole roof solar powered...... so it wouldn't be much of a leap to maybe have solar gaining tarmac??? Maybe??
Although I can remember "tomorrow's world" predicting such stuff years and years ago.....
PV takes you 20 years to return the investment maybe even more in the UK where the sunny hours low

Yes they look great them. I've had 2 of the old have Toyotas. 100% reliable

These ones are in partnership with peugot and citreon and have the peugot engines!
Everything else seems ok and they been out for around 3 years now i think.

Mine is the old shape .but yes they have the Peugeot engine in .the New shapes are the b*ll***s but out of my price range at the moment. 100% work horse though piss all over transist vans I've had them as Well rust to high heaven

On the top of my head what I can remember from conversation with a friend of mine Toyota prius vs VW Passat diesel 2.0 - 35 agains 54 mpg . Most of the people are buying electric for the BIK tax . A info I came across recently:

Sounds like the Government is selling us a bunch of lies.

Ever since the advent of electric cars, the REAL cost per mile of those things has never been discussed. All you ever heard was the mpg in terms of gasoline, with nary a mention of the cost of electricity to run it. This is the first article I’ve ever seen and tells the story pretty much as I expected it to.

Electricity has to be one of the least efficient ways to power things yet they’re being shoved down our throats……… Glad somebody finally put engineering and math to paper.

------------------------------ ------------------------------ -

At a neighborhood bbq I was talking to a neighbor, a BC Hydro executive. I asked him how that renewable thing was doing. He laughed, then got serious. If you really intend to adopt electric vehicles, he pointed out, you had to face certain realities. For example, a home charging system for a Tesla requires 75 amp service.

The average house is equipped with 100 amp service. On our small street (approximately 25 homes), the electrical infrastructure would be unable to carry more than 3 houses with a single Tesla, each. For even half the homes to have electric vehicles, the system would be wildly over-loaded.

This is the elephant in the room with electric vehicles ... Our residential infrastructure cannot bear the load. So as our genius elected officials promote this nonsense, not only are we being urged to buy the damn things and replace our reliable, cheap generating systems with expensive, new windmills and solar cells, but we will also have to renovate our entire delivery system! This latter "investment" will not be revealed until we're so far down this dead end road that it will be presented with an oops and a shrug.

If you want to argue with a green person over cars that are eco-friendly, just read the following:

Note: If you ARE a green person, read it anyway. Enlightening.

Eric test drove the Chevy Volt at the invitation of General Motors...and he writes...For four days in a row, the fully charged battery lasted only 25 miles before the Volt switched to the reserve gasoline engine. Eric calculated the car got 30 mpg including the 25 miles it ran on the battery. So, the range including the 9 gallon gas tank and the 16 kwh battery is approximately 270 miles.

It will take you 4 1/2 hours to drive 270 miles at 60 mph. Then add 10 hours to charge the battery and you have a total trip time of 14.5 hours. In a typical road trip your average speed (including charging time) would be 20 mph.

According to General Motors, the Volt battery holds 16 kwh of electricity. It takes a full 10 hours to charge a drained battery. The cost for the electricity to charge the Volt is never mentioned so I looked up what I pay for electricity. I pay approximately (it varies with amount used and the seasons) $1.16 per kwh. 16 kwh x $1.16 per kwh = $18.56 to charge the battery. $18.56 per charge divided by 25 miles = $0.74 per mile to operate the Volt using the battery. Compare this to a similar size car with a gasoline engine that gets only 32 mpg. $3.19 per gallon divided by 32 mpg = $0.10 per mile.

The gasoline powered car costs about $15,000 while the Volt costs $46,000........So the American Government wants loyal Americans not to do the math, but simply pay 3 times as much for a car, that costs more than 7 times as much to run, and takes 3 times longer to drive across the country.....

And of course this article does not address the problem of the supplying of electricity to the "little holes in the wall."

I won't be VW less. I'm keeping my T4 and converting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was going to do with the T5 but the cost to do it properly was getting close to £10k. Too much for a van with 200k miles on it.

i have an 09 astravan sportive, i have always had astra vans i can get everthing in i need to plaster/screed.
materials get delivered/supplied . roof rack for rules, beads, coving, board.
never had the need for a big van- more clutter !!!!!
stilts for ceilings, even with a nice flash new tranny, you aint getting 10 tonne of screed inside it !!!!!

i have an 09 astravan sportive, i have always had astra vans i can get everthing in i need to plaster/screed.
materials get delivered/supplied . roof rack for rules, beads, coving, board.
never had the need for a big van- more clutter !!!!!
stilts for ceilings, even with a nice flash new tranny, you aint getting 10 tonne of screed inside it !!!!!
Try running a render job from one of them :D

Every day stuff. I need every last bit of that. Lock up holds the rest.
IMG_6780.JPG

couldnt agree more mate,my first van was an Astra and you had empty everything to get to something!Lwb vivaro now nothing new or flash but does the job.

Still looks brand new, do you wash the floor every day and Hoover?
Lol not every day :confused:
When I wash it I drag everything out. Sweep it out, wipe it and then WD40 over the plastic. Stops the build up. Sad as fook I know but it really doesn't take long.

Lol not every day :confused:
When I wash it I drag everything out. Sweep it out, wipe it and then WD40 over the plastic. Stops the build up. Sad as fook I know but it really doesn't take long.
Wow, impressive.
Is the wd40 won't make it slippery like an ice rink?

Ah I see :D Quite fancy doing a conversion... think it is quite a good business... know a few people that do it

It's quite lucrative. You will always get your money back if you do it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk