Why are quotes all over the shop?

Members online

I wouldn't listen to a word he says mate. He talks shite. 12.5mm cavity is normal to bring level with 25mm back boxes and half bag of adhesive per board roughly with solid adhesive along skirting line

I'm just saying what I do Robbo , you carry on , at no point did I tell mos it was necessary , talking s**t lol

Never go in dry my friend! Do you not know anything??
#zombieknowsnothing

Have you ever been a principal contractor on site employed lads and had to follow manufacturer method statements?

Weve tendered for new build sites /commercial works etc etc etc and can assure you pvaing block work prior to dabbing is not recommended!

So anyway the senior guy did his 7 year - yep 7 YEAR- apprentice with a firm called Phillips which has since gone tits up but he says it was a great firm to train with cos they taught him every aspect even down to mixing his own plaster for coving. But now lamenting how someone does a 6 month course and calls themselves a plasterer and to a customer a Plasterer is a Plasterer until they leave it looking rough as hell by which time it's too late

So I says don't you have like a professional body to accredit you, to sort the wheat from the chaff. Maybe like the federation of master builders so when you go out to to price jobs you can say your accredited by xyz, he says there isn't one hence the wild west situation.

Is there one out there though?

So anyway the senior guy did his 7 year - yep 7 YEAR- apprentice with a firm called Phillips which has since gone tits up but he says it was a great firm to train with cos they taught him every aspect even down to mixing his own plaster for coving. But now lamenting how someone does a 6 month course and calls themselves a plasterer and to a customer a Plasterer is a Plasterer until they leave it looking rough as hell by which time it's too late

So I says don't you have like a professional body to accredit you, to sort the wheat from the chaff. Maybe like the federation of master builders so when you go out to to price jobs you can say your accredited by xyz, he says there isn't one hence the wild west situation.

Are you asking me lol , have you met my mum

Have you ever been a principal contractor on site employed lads and had to follow manufacturer method statements?

Weve tendered for new build sites /commercial works etc etc etc and can assure you pvaing block work prior to dabbing is not recommended!
Manufacturers method statements! Ffs do you realise how much of a wally you sound! I will have you know I come from 3 generations of spreads!
Pva’ing block work is not recommended by who??

No but i wish there was...the trades a farce!

Manufacturers method statements! Ffs do you realise how much of a wally you sound! I will have you know I come from 3 generations of spreads!

Well i wish you the very best of look in tendering for big works dabbing on block work and proposing to pva first.

I can assure you will not land that work.

What about SBR? Is that ok?

Ova

If there was it would be a load of b*ll***s,
I send my labourer on ewi training He comes back with a badge and he can't use a trowel

As the cats out the bag , all wall perimeters and around sockets switches etc , stops warm air being sucked into cold cavity and condensating , save robbo googling

Well i wish you the very best of look in tendering for big works dabbing on block work and proposing to pva first.

I can assure you will not land that work.
Bullshit! You don’t know what sort of jobs I take on. And I wish you all the best that when you’re boards are stuck that no one slams the doors on the way out!

I agree with you though mate there’s lots out there that don’t have a clue was speaking to a customer yesterday...half the price of my quote plasterer told her no need to PVA painted Artex ceiling before skimming as it already has a key?! She went with the quote

I agree with you though mate there’s lots out there that don’t have a clue was speaking to a customer yesterday...half the price of my quote plasterer told her no need to PVA painted Artex ceiling before skimming as it already has a key?! She went with the quote
f**k**g unreal.

Yes...not required but watered down is required on old dusty high suction brickwork for example
I disagree , water just reduces suction won't help you if your dab sits on a layer of dust , PVA stabilizes , sticks the dust to the block, I'm only diy lol

More work for you coming up then , unless out of embarrassment customer avoids confessing to you , spread may try mixing PVA with first coat lol

This place has become stupid... about 10 out of every 100 seem to have a proper understanding of the trade/products & manufacturers method statements.

Its become chancers paradise im sure its just an extension of these training centers practical course.

Can now count on 2 hands on here who i believe to be proper time served spreads!
agree zombie, who are the other 8?