What is going on with multi finish!?

Okay I want to actually know what the hell is going on with multi finish it is definitely not the same. It's behaving like my trowel hasn't worn in yet, tears slightly on final trowels?? Feels stodgy, gluey, seems gritty and coarser than normal.
My question is most of my work is overskim can I just fu*k multi off for good and use board finish instead never had trouble with board finish but have only used on board???
M

Okay I want to actually know what the hell is going on with multi finish it. Theres been no consistent, year after year product since Sirapite on sand/cement floating.
Okay I want to actually know what the hell is going on with multi finish it is definitely not the same. It's behaving like my trowel hasn't worn in yet, tears slightly on final trowels?? Feels stodgy, gluey, seems gritty and coarser than normal.
My question is most of my work is overskim can I just fu*k multi off for good and use board finish instead never had trouble with board finish but have only used on board???
Theres been no consistent, year after year product since Sirapite on sand/cement floating.
is definitely not the same. It's behaving like my trowel hasn't worn in yet, tears slightly on final trowels?? Feels stodgy, gluey, seems gritty and coarser than normal.
Multi is not good at present. Best hope is to 1st coat very neatly, flatten it & wait. 2 coat laid on very neat too. Flatten it. 1st trowel it. Finish it with 2mm plastic
Not ideal but the latest stuff will tear with a firm final metal trowel. Tgeres

Only ever had 2 bad bags , both occasions not bought and stored by me

I was skimming last week have to say really enjoyed the change as been outside for while ,was artex overskim used thistle gyprime over the artex before skimmed with board finish was fine
32A92409-8617-42AB-9A8A-32EA0C312F52.jpeg
216B7836-D328-4A84-AA32-0420B390B9BF.jpeg

I've got 1998 for some reason, back then we did a lot of rough casting (2'n'1 squad). Must have jumped back on plastering cos the job was bonding float and multi.

Multi isn't that old, was still carlite finish 1989. Was using it into the mid 90's.
Cant count then mate , can't remember using anything else, I thought I came indoors when I was about 27 so thats close as I'm 57

Cant count then mate , can't remember using anything else, I thought I came indoors when I was about 27 so thats close as I'm 57
You're older than me you'll have used carlite finish if you didn't that would be odd

You're older than me you'll have used carlite finish if you didn't that would be odd
Well if it was I can't remember using it , think I've had to put on board finish about one wall ,

Was told grey hardwall was just different mine area at the time , perhaps they were mixing Wrigley's even back then lol

Well if it was I can't remember using it , think I've had to put on board finish about one wall ,
Can't remember carlite finish very odd. I'm 52 and would be surprised if spreads my age hadn't used carlite finish.

Can't remember carlite finish very odd. I'm 52 and would be surprised if spreads my age hadn't used carlite finish.
I worked for my dad , domestics , I'll ask him tomorrow , perhaps it was but don't remember it

Odd, cos your timeline is well out of wack.
Not saying your wrong , will check tomorrow , but definitely never put on grey skim and only seen grey hardwall for one batch . and tbf I was outright stoner in them days lol

it really is and free to take home.
I think customs is a bit sharp , when I was young I visited Carcassonne st France and brought loads back , given from growers , emptied a couple of crates of beer bottles and filled up , silly days lol