WARNING TO ALL Do not let this donut anywhere near your work

Members online

No members online now.
I’d agree with oli I think besides like this scenario op there actually a lot of good plasterers could link up with off here I’ve met quite a few off here ,

I keep meaning to go work with Scottie and Algeeman but not sure either would be clean enough for me tbh I’m quite anal about state of the floors

Post count doesn't mean you're good. Just look at gps for example.

However, regular posting shows knowledge. For example, out of all the people who post I can see immediately the ones who know their stuff @essexandy @algeeman @zombie @malc etc, obviously theres more but that's off the top of my head.

So post count as a number is irrelevant but post content is
Crikey that blagging course was worth every penny. I've even fooled @lurpak

We still do lot of internal sand cement and basically all outsides we do are sand cement scratched, then either rubbed or dashed, so we get plenty of opportunity to break in our trowels
i grew up floating but as it’s died a death you struggle to break new trowels in.but crossing when it’s gone really works but with this saturated flexi market.ox.refina.mt.nela.and now ragni.how or when do you draw the line.???

i grew up floating but as it’s died a death you struggle to break new trowels in.but crossing when it’s gone really works but with this saturated flexi market.ox.refina.mt.nela.and now ragni.how or when do you draw the line.???

All the new trowels have wrecked my head tbh. Been back on marshaltown start to finish use speedskim still tho.

The flexy trowels are good but at the stage they're designed to be used at the work should already be bang on sl essentially just shining up work that already finished

Plastic trowels are good as can get set done sooner but constantly having to sand them it becomes a waste of
Time

All the new trowels have wrecked my head tbh. Been back on marshaltown start to finish use speedskim still tho.

The flexy trowels are good but at the stage they're designed to be used at the work should already be bang on sl essentially just shining up work that already finished

Plastic trowels are good as can get set done sooner but constantly having to sand them it becomes a waste of
Time
Absolutely!

nope... not at all but they will be very aware of their reputation if they did a s**t job :D Also most of the long term members have done work for each other in the past so we all get an idea of the standard of work :D
Ps nice to see a spread in Wakefield won a million on a lucky dip.!!

Time

I've done the same and gone back to to carbon mt for all stages apart from last pass when I use the ox ultraflex.

Used to use a plazi for 18 months to 2 years but I got sick of sanding the bloody thing.

Show it a bead and it automatically gets a nic

I've done the same and gone back to to carbon mt for all stages apart from last pass when I use the ox ultraflex.

Used to use a plazi for 18 months to 2 years but I got sick of sanding the bloody thing.

Show it a bead and it automatically gets a nic

yep i had time for the plazi but same problem, constant nicks. even grain in gear scratches em up. tried the nela max flex or whatever it called weird looking trowel meant to be harder plastic which it is but exact same problem, guess you just can't use them

I need to get hold of a carbon trowel and give it a whirl... I dont do enough to break a trowel in these days

To be fair @Danny they aren't too bad when they come new. I've only had mine about s year and I don't really do any rendering to break it in but I didn't find it too bad from the start.

Carbon get sharper quicker it's like a razor now.
Look after it and it'll treat you well

To be fair @Danny they aren't too bad when they come new. I've only had mine about s year and I don't really do any rendering to break it in but I didn't find it too bad from the start.

Carbon get sharper quicker it's like a razor now.
Look after it and it'll treat you well

What do you find the main difference between carbon n stainless? Never really used carbon for a long time

What do you find the main difference between carbon n stainless? Never really used carbon for a long time
Apart from the obvious as carbon can tend to rust but I spray mine with wd every afternoon but both are hard wearing and good trowels ,your choice really.

To me carbon is a tiny but thinner where as stainless is thicker.
If you use one you'll know what I mean putting on with a stainless after a carbon feels like using a block of wood and are heavier.

The carbon blades get sharper and faster but are a tad more fragile.

I still have a smaller and a bigger stainless as I don't use them every day so stainless outweighs the carbon on that as you need to look after carbon trowels.

I use a 14" to out on with and that's the carbon and my main go to trowel.

Tip I got of here was force the patina when new in coke and vinegar until it's black and it won't orange rust.

If I had to buy another trowel between ss and carbon I wouldn't hesitate and buy a carbon.

Just make sure it's straight!! And loom after it

@reeves1985 is it you i was messaging . This kid you warned me against . I.ve been stung on a new poster of here. Didnt cost me owt builder just f**k*d him of . Said he been at it 15years . Like i said if ye need a push check in with us . Normally busy but worth checking.

As above he worked with me for 3 weeks!!
Not really had a problem other than turning in when he wanted.

Believe you me I wouldn't have just let him loose on a property.

But it just goes to show it doesn't matter how much they work with you.
You don't actually realise how much your pulling their standard up by just doing your normal daily thing. Making them look good in the process!

So he was all right for 3 weeks and then one day just went beserk and started throwing plaster around?

That's weird.

Haha
That's funny because he's actually only 28
So if he's got 14 years experience then I'm Michael Jackson.

Clean and tidy well... I think he got that mixed up with no experience with a sweeping brush.

In fact I tell a lie he has experience with a sweeping brush but it's only because he uses it for his angles lol
Funny world when I worked for a fir
s**t I best get posting!! :reloco:
its ok your 2000 post better than me :chica: xxx

ive seen it few times stevieo.....on day rate in a gang.
then let out on thier own on price and seeing ££££££ signs has kicked it.

To be fair, I think there's a substantial element of that with supposed cowboy builders. From the look of the show, a lot of them don't seem to be bad guys - rather, guys who've lost control of their business. Had a lot of money in the bank all of a sudden, not comprehended that it's not theirs and failed to spend wisely. Next thing it's cutting corners and next after that it's going from job to job collecting deposits.

Next thing you know, you've got Dom Littlewood hiding in the bushes for you on your way to work.

He pulled up outside my house once and started setting up his cameras. I s**t myself even though I've never done anything wrong.

To be fair, I think there's a substantial element of that with supposed cowboy builders. From the look of the show, a lot of them don't seem to be bad guys - rather, guys who've lost control of their business. Had a lot of money in the bank all of a sudden, not comprehended that it's not theirs and failed to spend wisely. Next thing it's cutting corners and next after that it's going from job to job collecting deposits.

Next thing you know, you've got Dom Littlewood hiding in the bushes for you on your way to work.

He pulled up outside my house once and started setting up his cameras. I s**t myself even though I've never done anything wrong.

@algeeman at least, I think it was him. Someone who looked a lot like him was talking to the camera down the road from mine. I didn't get a really good look because I was hiding under the window by that time.

@reeves1985 is it you i was messaging . This kid you warned me against . I.ve been stung on a new poster of here. Didnt cost me owt builder just f**k*d him of . Said he been at it 15years . Like i said if ye need a push check in with us . Normally busy but worth checking.
Yes mate it was how's tricks.

It wasn't the same person was it called Ryan Lomas?

Wouldn't put it past him to do that sort of s**t

Yes mate it was how's tricks.

It wasn't the same person was it called Ryan Lomas?

Wouldn't put it past him to do that sort of s**t
No mate . To be far looked ok was just bits round corners and sockets .under cills etc. But then did a bit and made a mess on a job i wasnt on . Builder wouldnt let him back in house to sort it

No mate . To be far looked ok was just bits round corners and sockets .under cills etc. But then did a bit and made a mess on a job i wasnt on . Builder wouldnt let him back in house to sort it
Seems the same sort of thing like this plonker.

I've honestly never seen mess like it 3 full days for a labourer to clean it.

I couldn't believe it because I'm proper anal about being clean.

Ispend a fortune on roll and stoll and antinox sheets poly drop cloths etc.