Need some advice on some recent plastering work

Members online

I get the hump if I lose 2 quid on a long list on a Saturday

im starting to give up....starting to loose interest too be honest....
but this fella just lost £1400 where as if he gave it to me i could of lost it for him lol

Trading standards is the route to go with this guy for a few reasons firstly they will get your money returned as you don't want to let him back to make a mess again and secondly you would be starting a paper trail against him for future unfortunate people falling for his talk/charm to get work, and for all you know he might be in their radar already, and it wont cost you a penny, too much outlay and grief to take on the chin without some sort of retribution

Trading standards is the route to go with this guy for a few reasons firstly they will get your money returned as you don't want to let him back to make a mess again and secondly you would be starting a paper trail against him for future unfortunate people falling for his talk/charm to get work, and for all you know he might be in their radar already, and it wont cost you a penny, too much outlay and grief to take on the chin without some sort of retribution
This is where my builder needs to step in imo

All really helpful stuff cheers.

Gonna start looking into trading standards and see what can be done, I'm hoping I can get at least some of back so I can put it towards getting it done right.

Honestly should be a manual on this stuff, it's a minefield.

All really helpful stuff cheers.

Gonna start looking into trading standards and see what can be done, I'm hoping I can get at least some of back so I can put it towards getting it done right.

Mate if you wanna hire a belt sander I got one you can have at mates rates it’s an industrial one so your be alright

I'm not trying to be flippant, or give you grief when you're already having a hard time, but it really isn't a minefield.

Look at it this way, you want to buy a car and meet a very nice man who is friendly and has a car for sale. He tells you it's a great car and he'll bring it round in a couple of days, so haven't seen the car, or checked around to see if you can talk to anyone who's bought a car from him before, but you give him the money. Then he turns up with a rusty old Fiat.

Now if that happened to someone you know what would your reaction be to their sad tale?

Ok had a neb today.
Its pretty bad.
Hacking the lot off wasn't within the budget so...

Reskim the lids after scrimming cracks.
Hack off the damp plaster full of efflorescence and sort.
Hack off all loose/cracked areas and patch repair before reskimming the lot.

I'd anticipate most of the finish he's done to come off.
Standard brick built house.

The guy has struggled and fought with the plaster by the looks of it. Looks well overworked.

Came in a few hundred quid less than the original price, but some more plasterers are going to look, so we will see.

I see him today in his van I was behind him I tried getting his attention but he just ignores a peasant like me,I had a good day over brockwell park kids really enjoyed it I only went cos thought I would meet our tranny friend

How did you know it was himm, private plate?
SMUG1