Unifinish users

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that with vat? Think it's 8 36 in my local b a nd q. Too much for me. 6 quid would be about right or I'm not interested

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Still haven't seen it in Basingstoke. So it's £3 more than multi? If it saves you 3/4 of an hour applying and waiting for pva to pull in its worth the money (unless you only charge £4ph)

Still haven't seen it in Basingstoke. So it's £3 more than multi? If it saves you 3/4 of an hour applying and waiting for pva to pull in its worth the money (unless you only charge £4ph)
What merchants u normally use?

Price update. Jewsons quoting me £6 something a bag so will defiantly use it more at that price.

They letting you say order 5 bags and getting it put on the next bg delivery?
A pallet would be around £200 @ your quote which is £80 cheaper than what i paid a year ago.

They letting you say order 5 bags and getting it put on the next bg delivery?
A pallet would be around £200 @ your quote which is £80 cheaper than what i paid a year ago.
I am pretty sure bg do that now if the merchant don't allow it... kick off and phone bg direct and it will be sorted :)

They want you to try it and use it so I am sure that it won't be an issue

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure bg do that now if the merchant don't allow it... kick off and phone bg direct and it will be sorted :)

it's amazing what u hear them say at all different merchants if u ask for it or if they stock it when I out and about I say 'u got any of the unifinish in stock'..best advise a would say if u want to use it is order a pallet in and refuse to pay more than what has been quoted on here...and say it to them the prices different merchants sell at I.e sig £6.80,jewsons £6 (?) ..try at B n q as well ,be interested if they said yes ok to £6 ish for a pallet

Bit of a faff though. Getting really curious about trying it. Phoned around all the local merchant. Only one has it in stock, the other will only sell pallet at a time. Both want over £10 a bag once vat is added. It very frustrating.
All said BG aren't pushing it at all.

Bit of a faff though. Getting really curious about trying it. Phoned around all the local merchant. Only one has it in stock, the other will only sell pallet at a time. Both want over £10 a bag once vat is added. It very frustrating.

tell the pallet only company to get a grip... they will sell it singles...

I know, just seems a lot harder than it should be. Will try it though, got a job coming up at the end of the week, if I can get some gonna make a mess of a few walls and ceilings with it, see what it's like!!! [emoji33]

I agree with this one ...it's as if they don't want to sell it...first I used to think it was CUs of uni 1 problems now I just think it's about stocking and selling and the price thing I just don't know...it's not just uni...years ago there was at all merchants round me every product even tools

Which merchants did u try? Name em please

Which merchants did u try? Name em please
Am I gonna get sued for this?!![emoji6]

B&Q, Wickes, Gardner & Scardifield, Total Builders don't stock, two of these hadn't heard of it.
Franklins will get bags in, but will need at least two days notice.

Jewsons will sell a pallet at a time, but reckon I that's negotiable.

TPs do sell it but not at my nearest one, they are out of stock and not planning on restocking it.

I am aware there are other places to try, but then end up going further out my way to get it, so if that the case may as well just pva instead!!

It is a shame, as think more would try if you could just grab a few bags, and throw it on. But who wants to drive around finding it, or having to go ringing BG to have a moan so that maybe at some point you can get a couple of bags?
Love trying new tools products etc, but not gonna run around, if what's local a ready works for me?
Shame as I think with the cock up of the 1st one, they needed to really be on the ball with this, and they aren't. IMHO.

f**k me that was like writing war and peace!!

Am I gonna get sued for this?!![emoji6]

B&Q, Wickes, Gardner & Scardifield, Total Builders don't stock, two of these hadn't heard of it.
Franklins will get bags in, but will need at least two days notice.

Jewsons will sell a pallet at a time, but reckon I that's negotiable.

TPs do sell it but not at my nearest one, they are out of stock and not planning on restocking it.

I am aware there are other places to try, but then end up going further out my way to get it, so if that the case may as well just pva instead!!

It is a shame, as think more would try if you could just grab a few bags, and throw it on. But who wants to drive around finding it, or having to go ringing BG to have a moan so that maybe at some point you can get a couple of bags?
Love trying new tools products etc, but not gonna run around, if what's local a ready works for me?
Shame as I think with the cock up of the 1st one, they needed to really be on the ball with this, and they aren't. IMHO.

f**k me that was like writing war and peace!!
Nice one .. U won't get sued...just curious myself it's the same at all merchants anywhere in the country .. I agree with most of what u said ...end of the day it's hard enough to go to work and get the Job done without all hassle trying to get materials ...if u do end up using uni would be good to see pictures and what u thought about using it

Plaster man what's it like on boars dose it hang for ages I'm just curious because I've got a kitchen to do in 2 weeks time part of it will be board old plaster a bit of old paint the board's will be on the lid and they will be already up before I get there I'm just thinking of hitting it in 1 gauge in and out without waiting around buckets out water in and go

Plaster man what's it like on boars dose it hang for ages I'm just curious because I've got a kitchen to do in 2 weeks time part of it will be board old plaster a bit of old paint the board's will be on the lid and they will be already up before I get there I'm just thinking of hitting it in 1 gauge in and out without waiting around buckets out water in and go
U be fine on boards i think that would be good idea u will be able to get a feel for it without being stretched in your mix if it's your first time with uni just treat it all as if it was multi if any of the older plaster drys to fast for u just add another bit of skim to wet it up abit....post pictures if u do it.

Found that not to be true though Danny they not willing to get pallets in for me to have couple of bags and not sell the rest to others by the time it has gone out of date...I say back to them 'if the pallet is there then spreads might grab a bag to try'..Travis refused to get in or stock..ccf did get pallet in anyway and sold single but to high...sig got pallet in for me and I said if others want any off my pallet that's fine sell it ...about 10 bags went of that pallet...

Will do thank you this thread has kept me reading all the pros and cons and I'm all for this stuff if it works out for me this will be the way forward in future especially on this type of works

I will only use the stuff on shiney paint as it is too unpredictable on other surfaces... went over some waterproofed sand and cement last week and damped it down with water first and it took over 4 hrs to get 2 coats on and to a reasonable finish..... so yesterday tried it again with no dampening down and 1st coat dried instantaneously... 2nd coat instantaneously.... 3rd coat in minutes even with spraying it with water and sponging it to get the lines out of it.... In the end I put 5 coats on and had it trowelled up in around 25 mins..... it will not go down as my best work....... pva all the way from now on...

I will only use the stuff on shiney paint as it is too unpredictable on other surfaces... went over some waterproofed sand and cement last week and damped it down with water first and it took over 4 hrs to get 2 coats on and to a reasonable finish..... so yesterday tried it again with no dampening down and 1st coat dried instantaneously... 2nd coat instantaneously.... 3rd coat in minutes even with spraying it with water and sponging it to get the lines out of it.... In the end I put 5 coats on and had it trowelled up in around 25 mins..... it will not go down as my best work....... pva all the way from now on...
Fair enough I done over sand and cement for a damp course but didn't have water proofer in ...had yours just been Injected and then fresh s n c with water proofer?just asking out of curiosity .

Yeah pal both had been on around 7 days.... don't want to slag the gear off as I have had used it a few times and have liked it but it has also bit me in the ass several times..... If you have sand and cemented after a damp course why was there no waterproofer in it ?

I'd have a pallet to try it, but not on some silly price like $10/bag wondering if bg would cut a deal ordering direct

Yeah pal both had been on around 7 days.... don't want to slag the gear off as I have had used it a few times and have liked it but it has also bit me in the ass several times..... If you have sand and cemented after a damp course why was there no waterproofer in it ?
Mate I just glad u and others share experiences with it if no one talks about using it no will know what to expect.I have had some walls flash set etc or take ages to set so can understand you..hardest part when using it is looking at a wall or ceiling thinking will it be ok on this surface..the more use the better that gets some times I do think no to uni ...I did a bedroom 2 week ago 1920s semi 2rd smallest bedroom with uni on ceiling and 2 small walls first mix was ok on ceiling two small walls nearly caught me out ...finished the other 2 walls with uni and in the middle of one wall dry instant and top and bottom were ok laid in a couple of times to sort out came together in the end.When I went to do the next room this Saturday gone I used pva and multi just cus I didn't want the same stress...I put that room in my head for next time I come across a wall that looks like that if u know what I mean....regards the damp builder used dry zone and said no need cus he injected in mortar line ...I got feeling it was something to do with the waterproofer on yours but I am no expect

When one coat plaster came out all those years ago nobody wanted to give it a go but my mate and me used it for a few years, we went back to browning eventually but we gave it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.