Unibond super pva

lurpak

Artex Boy
Always used this stuff, thick as f**k. They’ve changed the packaging and now it’s noticeably thinner. Same price tho

Anyone else use it?

Attachments

• 6E4C8DE6-F2C8-4436-B4E7-D8379B9CF0B2.jpeg
    6E4C8DE6-F2C8-4436-B4E7-D8379B9CF0B2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
Used to use it but it's so expensive, not worth the price. I buy 25litres of Bond-it from Selco for about £50. Usually lasts a couple of months or more.

Na mate looks expensive I use the cheapest s**t I can find

Agreed.

PVA is PVA...........there's no variation.

It's just that some people choose to be ripped off by the overpriced Unibond shite just because it's got 'Unibond' on the tub.

On the rare occasion I use it (for high suction) I use the cheap stuff from Screwfix.........does exactly the same job as the rest of them.

Agreed.

PVA is PVA...........there's no variation.

It's just that some people choose to be ripped off by the overpriced Unibond shite just because it's got 'Unibond' on the tub.

On the rare occasion I use it (for high suction) I use the cheap stuff from Screwfix.........does exactly the same job as the rest of them.

That's not true at all, there is massive variation in consistency, some PVA is a lot more concentrated than others.

Well this is the worry I have. I’ve always used the most expensive pva as I’ve never had an issue. I hear about peoples skim falling off and it’s never happened to me so for that reason I always bottle it when i see the cheap pva although it is tempting

Well this is the worry I have. I’ve always used the most expensive pva as I’ve never had an issue. I hear about peoples skim falling off and it’s never happened to me so for that reason I always bottle it when i see the cheap pva although it is tempting
I won’t use cheap stuff. I find it doesn’t kill the heavy suction jobs. I beleive it can contribute to cracking too.

That's not true at all, there is massive variation in consistency, some PVA is a lot more concentrated than others.

pva is pva pal......as in the chemical compound of it.........i said nothing about the consistency of it

that's what the water does,it alters the consistency of it......thinner pva you wont need as much water thicker pva you need a bit more depending on what ratio you want to mix it to....fk me its not rocket science :endesacuerdo:

Last edited:
pva is pva pal......as in the chemical compound of it.........i said nothing about the consistency of it

that's what the water does,it alters the consistency of it......thinner pva you wont need as much water thicker pva you need a bit more depending on what ratio you want to mix it to....fk me its not rocket science :endesacuerdo:

You've literally just contradicted yourself but ok.

I think what Mr Bent legs is saying is you can water the branded stuff down more so obviously you get more by volume than a weaker brand that is watered down, which cancels out the higher price. I can remember when you had to squeeze the bottle to get Wickes PVA out whereas now you can’t stop it from pissing out

[QUO
I think what Mr Bent legs is saying is you can water the branded stuff down more so obviously you get more by volume than a weaker brand that is watered down, which cancels out the higher price. I can remember when you had to squeeze the bottle to get Wickes PVA out whereas now you can’t stop it from pissing out

Looks like they've thinned them all down including the over priced Unibond......I wouldn't know I rarely use pva.
The question is why?
Money/more profit appears to be the motive to me.

[QUO

Looks like they've thinned them all down including the over priced Unibond......I wouldn't know I rarely use pva.
The question is why?
Money/more profit appears to be the motive to me.
Absolutely, I remember when you never got the dregs out of a unibond tub without watering it down, nearly all the cheaper ones are around a tenner so instead of putting price up they make the stuff pissier

That’s how unibond was it was like jelly. Since rebrand it’s just like all the cheaper ones

Anyone use that? £9 5l

Attachments

• 74E10900-C503-44DD-ABA4-30556F12170A.png
    74E10900-C503-44DD-ABA4-30556F12170A.png
    423.7 KB · Views: 246
I stopped using PVA after being introduced to IMO bonding agent on here, it doesn't thin out as much after adding water and does go further I think

I use wickes.

I did a room skim once where someone had started prep, ie scrim tape, and then bailed. Threw pva round the whole room and then it became apparent their prep involved sbr. :llorando:

Poor Ole Jess.
It ended up a bit of a mess.
She tried to skim
and I'll finish when I can think of something else that rhymes.