Newbie repairing a salt damp damaged wall

AmyB62

Hi , introducing myself. Just looking for any tips or tricks. Have a bit of experience patching with plaster and have successfully done the ceilings but have a salt damp damaged wall it’s been dry for 6months & fixed the issues that caused it. 1955 built Internal single brick plaster coated between kitchen/ bathroom Scraped the paint away , wash/wiped it down a lot of obviously damp affected plaster came away with that .The hard areas have evidence of old oil based under coat which I’ve also removed. For the patching I’ve been using bondcrete similiar to pva as an admix and pre plaster paint and patched over while wet. Pretty happy with the result. So now I’m onto a bigger area with the salt damp damage.probably 1sq metre and a hole to fill with bricks and mortar ( where the plumbing was replaced) ,still areas with crusty pimples of salt which I’ve been told to pick out and clean. I plan to coat it with the patching plaster a couple of times the same as I did the patching.I have a length of aluminium to run over it to guide me that it’s flat. I read to under coat the existing cleaned hard plaster & I assume the new stuff with oil based undercoat with 10% turpentine added to help it soak in prior to using my oil to acrylic undercoat & acrylic topcoat.
I’m wondering if I’m on the right track & I’m pretty sure there’s more to it but willing to learn