Mystery

lurpak

Artex Boy
Been having a bit of a game Plastering lately at a house. And I don’t think it’s the gear as it’s happening with different gear.

Put it on, lay down same mix. Go to flatten and it pulls off like clay. Tried leaving first longer and using fresh mix to lay in, same thing. Dries all weird piss wet in some areas set in others.

Tried leaving it to fully go then dry trowel and it just peels off, even the next day.

It’s happening on painted walls and ceilings. So not wallpaper paste. I’m trying to figure this out. Possibly bad pva even tho I’m using unibond super pva.. or the water feed seems to have a s**t load of pressure/air as it’s from mains.

I’m leaning toward the water, so might fill buckets the night before..

Thoughts?

Been having a bit of a game Plastering lately at a house. And I don’t think it’s the gear as it’s happening with different gear.

Put it on, lay down same mix. Go to flatten and it pulls off like clay. Tried leaving first longer and using fresh mix to lay in, same thing. Dries all weird piss wet in some areas set in others.

Tried leaving it to fully go then dry trowel and it just peels off, even the next day.

It’s happening on painted walls and ceilings. So not wallpaper paste. I’m trying to figure this out. Possibly bad pva even tho I’m using unibond super pva.. or the water feed seems to have a s**t load of pressure/air as it’s from mains.

Thoughts?
U got lab

w*kr. Had £10 on gibbo jumping on first

Mate I always lay in on gear wet tbh I don’t wait around for it to pull in , also might be right with your pva something isn’t right by sounds of it it’s that

Mate I always lay in on gear wet tbh I don’t wait around for it to pull in , also might be right with your pva something isn’t right by sounds of it it’s that

I do too mate same gear lay in wet only tried otherwise as having issues

The pva was from travis, first time I’ve ever had it from there. Unibond super pva. It’s been in van so got cold but don’t think it froze

At another house tomorrow bedroom skim. Tempted to use the same pva just to see if it’s actually that.
Would you drop a bit of water in that to loosen it up slightly when lay in , tbh I think that is essential if using same gear

Yes mate n mix with bucket trowel not drill. Always do this and have great finish and fast sets

Had a ceiling supposedly with new gyproc pull all over place drying here wet there it was really doing my head as the walls went on fine ....ended up putting half a packet of extratime trying to get it to pull together and it worked a treat......checked the bottom of the plaster bucket and it was full of grit

Had a ceiling supposedly with new gyproc pull all over place drying here wet there it was really doing my head as the walls went on fine ....ended up putting half a packet of extratime trying to get it to pull together and it worked a treat......checked the bottom of the plaster bucket and it was full of grit

Noticed this too s**t load of black grit more than normal

I haven’t got a scooby what causes it but makes you feel incompetent problem is you get a good day and think issue is sorted then you get a day when you think what’s the point in even doing this anymore I’m skimming on board tomorrow so will see what happens I suppose but work like this should never be a lottery

Thoughts?
Lol should of gone grit u fecking chancer know your background

Yeah decent key won’t slide on the glue and paint u fuccking bumder

I glue and skim 6 days a week 15 years so the odd time i get this issue I don’t think its pva unless pva f**k*d which is possible.

Or the water on this particular house.

Grit is when there is no suction. Also grit takes forever to put on. You think I’m gonna grit 4 f**k**g houses? Stick to board kid.

I had this the other week got 15 bags of multi for a job same date on bags 12 were fine the peeling affect happened with 3 even next day rubbed hand over the face came off dodgey s**t gear !!