Unibond super pva

There once was a guy called Steve
Gifted at making people peeved
He’d poke and he’d prod
Whilst bored on his todd
And kept fishing nets up his sleeve

Are you saying that you think I irritate people on purpose?

My prized possessions are

My ancient Deg. She's 19 and the best behaved Deg in Donegal. Only bitten me twice.
My couple of medals. I have the Nato Star and the UN medal from the former Jugoslavia. (only the UN one really means anything to me though)
My copy of Principia Mathematica, written by the cleverest man in the universe.
My copy of Dialogue Concerning The Two Chief World Systems, written by Gallileo.
My tame terrorist. Bizarrely, the man I get on best with in this town is a retired INLA man (though I suppose he's get the hump if he found out he was on this list)
My picture of the Queen.
My picture of Clever handsome and brave beloved Lord Nelson (even if he was a grubby matelot)

And this.

14888.Jpg

Are you saying that you think I irritate people on purpose?

My prized possessions are

My ancient Deg. She's 19 and the best behaved Deg in Donegal. Only bitten me twice.
My couple of medals. I have the Nato Star and the UN medal from the former Jugoslavia. (only the UN one really means anything to me though)
My copy of Principia Mathematica, written by the cleverest man in the universe.
My copy of Dialogue Concerning The Two Chief World Systems, written by Gallileo.
My tame terrorist. Bizarrely, the man I get on best with in this town is a retired INLA man (though I suppose he's get the hump if he found out he was on this list)
My picture of the Queen.
My picture of Clever handsome and brave beloved Lord Nelson (even if he was a grubby matelot)

And this.

14888.Jpg
Um... I’m not sure how to proceed? :oops::LOL:

What is SBR? I saw that today on a tub of pva?

Sorry for dumb questions, only way I learn :aburrido:
It’s a bonding agent, like pva is but different. People use it when rendering or you can use it instead of pva internally. I came unstuck because I didn’t realise it was on the walls. If I had I could’ve just got a mix on. But to pva over the top of the sbr... the sbr had killed all suction and the pva just hung over it.

It’s a bonding agent, like pva is but different. People use it when rendering or you can use it instead of pva internally. I came unstuck because I didn’t realise it was on the walls. If I had I could’ve just got a mix on. But to pva over the top of the sbr... the sbr had killed all suction and the pva just hung over it.

I wouldn't skim over dried SBR Jess... It doesn't re emulsify like PVA, the plaster won't stick to it.

As far as I'm aware anyway!

I wouldn't skim over dried SBR Jess... It doesn't re emulsify like PVA, the plaster won't stick to it.

As far as I'm aware anyway!
I’ve only used it once like that a week ago ish because it was lying around and it was fine. I skimmed over same day but it had dried. Thank you though, I’ll stash that in my paranoia bank!

Ah ok, so sbr pva is better for suction control (as in, no suction for us mere motals who are slow) compared to normal pva?

SBR is a bonding agent and or admixture.. it can be used to kill suction but once it's set, it's set, so must be gone over when tacky (unlike PVA).

You use SBR externally as a bonding agent mixed with cement in a slurry, you can't use PVA for that as it re emulsifies when wet.

SBR is great stuff and if you get it on anything you'll never get it off. PVA is no where near as strong.

Make sense?

Thankyou for that, so it's like the superglue of the pva world - only mess with it if you know what you're doing? I better stick to me selco stuff, but @lurpak 's unibond does make me go all giddy

SBR is a bonding agent and or admixture.. it can be used to kill suction but once it's set, it's set, so must be gone over when tacky (unlike PVA).

You use SBR externally as a bonding agent mixed with cement in a slurry, you can't use PVA for that as it re emulsifies when wet.

SBR is great stuff and if you get it on anything you'll never get it off. PVA is no where near as strong.

Make sense?

@LarryTheLag im really a fan girl of pva. Love the stuff. The sbr sounds good but probably not for a beginner. Blue grit is a good option as that will give you plenty of working time. Not something i use regularly but it might be goods for your situation

Thankyou for that, so it's like the superglue of the pva world - only mess with it if you know what you're doing? I better stick to me selco stuff, but @lurpak 's unibond does make me go all giddy
Hello Larry,
I’m with the lumpy one on this, stay away from SBR for now, it’s really for render and floor screed and it goes off pretty quick when it’s knocked into them, it goes f**k**g hard so keeping tools clean would be an issue, it also makes it slightly rubbery so leave it till later