Uni finish is cr@p

Members online

No members online now.
I don't know if the anti 3 coats dudes know what I mean (I don't mean mix up 3 times).
When first coat is on if you quickly whip round with a coat is one option before laying in mix or when you mix up lay it on but make sure you got enough mixed to give a tight 3rd this is only if it is pulling in fast and you feel you are in a pickle on high suction and sometimes matt paint.
If you don't then it is going to be a bit of a battle but why battle it for the sake of a quick whizz round.. Lets be honest most domestics are 1,1.5,2 bag first coats anyway it's not like we doing the billy big balls gauges.
Isnt it easier to control the suction correctly and use normal. Cheap. Plaster and not rush around like a c**t

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Isnt it easier to control the suction correctly and use normal. Cheap. Plaster and not rush around like a c**t

3 coats is the correct way to control suction when using unifinish that's why it's wrote on the instructions.Then there is no rush.if someone decides not to do that it's like deciding to give one pva coat with multifinish and hope for the best.
Most painted surfaces only need traditional 2 coat.

Hahaha brilliant. Lets make an expensive product and tell people to do more coats

Reactions: Mag
Hahaha brilliant. Lets make an expensive product and tell people to do more coats

When I was in a merchants there was a book on the side with the rrp of all plasters in it, I was shocked at the price mark up they put on all plasters,until I saw that book I didn't believe that it wasn't bg that set the prices high, now I know it is the stores/merchants that have set the price higher.

When I was in a merchants there was a book on the side with the rrp of all plasters in it, I was shocked at the price mark up they put on all plasters,until I saw that book I didn't believe that it wasn't bg that set the prices high, now I know it is the stores/merchants that have set the price higher.

When uni first came out in 2012 the rrp was on the bag and BG price was £8.50 plus vat!

When uni first came out in 2012 the rrp was on the bag and BG price was £8.50 plus vat!
I remember that James , I pay £8.20 inc vat now and the merchants are making profit on that still.
Beads like you know in bulk 50p inc vat yet at bnq £1.80..
There is no rrp printed on mark 2 bags now.

So every merchant around the country decided to make uni double the price of multie? Mad coincidence lol I was in selco Manchester yesterday and asked if it was selling and he started laughing, he said they struggle to sell it and every pallet has gone out of date and been reduced. They have to stock it coz it's in their catalogue and has to be in store if they advertise it.

So every merchant around the country decided to make uni double the price of multie? Mad coincidence lol I was in selco Manchester yesterday and asked if it was selling and he started laughing, he said they struggle to sell it and every pallet has gone out of date and been reduced. They have to stock it coz it's in their catalogue and has to be in store if they advertise it.
Again here you are wrong my friend..
Yes I am saying the merchants or stores set the price obviously that's business bnq £11.75 sig merchants £8.50 there is the difference the rrp may be slightly higher to them than mass produced multifinish but the store or merchants sell it for what they want too.Your loony buddy in selcrap or you are full of crap because unifinish does not have to be stocked because it's in the catalogue (me thinks you are lying)universal onecoat,drycoat,magnetic,pure finish and durafinish and thistle spray finish are not stocked anywhere.
Finally yep they reduce and sell probably at about £6 which says to me they still making a profit at that point otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Popcorn anybody ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am saying the merchants or stores set the price obviously that's business bnq £11.75 sig merchants £8.50 there is the difference the rrp may be slightly higher to them than mass produced multifinish but the store or merchants sell it for what they want too.Your loony buddy in selcrap or you are full of crap because unifinish does not have to be stocked because it's in the catalogue (me thinks you are lying)universal onecoat,drycoat,magnetic,pure finish and durafinish and thistle spray finish are not stocked anywhere.
Finally yep they reduce and sell probably at about £6 which says to me they still making a profit at that point otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Popcorn anybody ?
What secrets you got,, ,
Any quick setting finish getting trialed.

Come on you know secrets.:)

Popcorn anybody ?
You truly are an arse hole who has not got a clue what your talking about. Your excuses and reasons about uni are laughable and all wrong. The guy at selco I've never met and just asked a simple question, he had no reason to lie and I would believe him before I would believe you because he works there. You make stupid statements and claims which are all wrong and from now on I'm gonna pull you on all your stupid excuses so get your tissues out Mard arse.

You truly are an arse hole who has not got a clue what your talking about. Your excuses and reasons about uni are laughable and all wrong. The guy at selco I've never met and just asked a simple question, he had no reason to lie and I would believe him before I would believe you because he works there. You make stupid statements and claims which are all wrong and from now on I'm gonna pull you on all your stupid excuses so get your tissues out Mard arse.
Pull whatever you like ..
Next time you are in selcrap ask him for the same rrp book I saw in the merchants then come back and apologize.. I am talking from what I saw not what I want to believe in my head.. Like you..

Everything that anybody buys from a shop has at least 100% mark up cars,food,tools,trainers
Even Dummies you plonk

I am a big fan of 3 coats... the way i was taught over artex was always 3 coats... the 3rd coat is very tight but I would say it makes a big difference.... whether it needs it is another question but never had a call back

I 2 coat and never get a call back. 3 isn't needed

Reactions: Mag
Pull whatever you like ..
Next time you are in selcrap ask him for the same rrp book I saw in the merchants then come back and apologize.. I am talking from what I saw not what I want to believe in my head.. Like you..

Everything that anybody buys from a shop has at least 100% mark up cars,food,tools,trainers
Even Dummies you plonk
You thick c**t shut up talking you are making a f**k**g show of yourself every shop has a 100% mark up hahahahaha what a dickhead.

You thick c**t shut up talking you are making a f**k**g show of yourself every shop has a 100% mark up hahahahaha what a dickhead.

And there's the mentality..

No facts
No experience
No correct knowledge
No thread post related anything, just insult

:aburrido:

And there's the mentality..

No facts
No experience
No correct knowledge
No thread post related anything, just insult

:aburrido:
Get a grip you are a f**k**g idiot all you are on this forum is a mouth piece for all the sponsors and if I was a few of them I would be embarrassed.

Really don't know why it always ends up in such a bloody hoo haah about the price .. The rrp I saw was less than what I pay at merchants if that will stop flynnyman from following me round the forum tonight carrying on like a loon.

The price has f**k all to do with me.
For the sake of not boring the forum to death can we just say

Frigging, if you want to use it , use it
If you don't then fine, use whatever you like.
Because who flipping cares.

Really don't know why it always ends up in such a bloody hoo haah about the price .. The rrp I saw was less than what I pay at merchants if that will stop flynnyman from following me round the forum tonight carrying on like a loon.

The price has f**k all to do with me.
For the sake of not boring the forum to death can we just say

Frigging, if you want to use it , use it
If you don't then fine, use whatever you like.
Because who flipping cares.
I don't follow you, you make stupid comments to my posts, you still haven't worked out how a forum works and people can comment on any thread. What's the rrp? You made claims you saw prices and got on your high horse so what are they?the price does have something to do with you coz you brought it up. You do this all the time making claims then run the f**k to bed when anyone questions it.

RRP doesn't really mean anything the retailer chooses a price they think they can get away with RRP is just a guide. So are they getting 100% mark up on the uni you're buying plasterman? I can't see the rrp being that low tbh if it was b&q would be flogging the s**t for the same price as multi just to get it moving.

I don't follow you, you make stupid comments to my posts, you still haven't worked out how a forum works and people can comment on any thread. What's the rrp? You made claims you saw prices and got on your high horse so what are they?the price does have something to do with you coz you brought it up. You do this all the time making claims then run the f**k to bed when anyone questions it.
The others brought up the cost ,stu,beddy,Granty I was saying bg don't tell a shop what to sell it for.

RRP doesn't really mean anything the retailer chooses a price they think they can get away with RRP is just a guide. So are they getting 100% mark up on the uni you're buying plasterman? I can't see the rrp being that low tbh if it was b&q would be flogging the s**t for the same price as multi just to get it moving.
I recon they up the price because they think they will sell less of there crap pva they sell so that why i think it's more at those stores.

I don't know what they buy it for Granty.

B&Q over inflating the price of Uni so they can sell more cheap PVA.

Didn't think you were a conspiracyman.

image.jpeg image.jpeg I finally used this today the out of date stuff still no problem after 2 months been stuck in my old mans garage
It went on a treat mixed in with multi n i pva'd still didn't trust it on the these old walls ,sound on the New sand/cement

I'm friggin surprised anyone buys that shitty b&q pva!
Exactly granty any knowledgeable plasterer would buy there stock in bulk from the cheapest place they can the only thing that bnq do cheapish is multifinish.. But all the other plaster related products are like "secondary buys" ( yes that is a proper business terminology)... Meaning for the Dummies out there because you are there and may not have it on your van you might just pay however much they sell it for on your way out.
Which is one of many reasons I don't shop there.

Exactly granty any knowledgeable plasterer would buy there stock in bulk from the cheapest place they can the only thing that bnq do cheapish is multifinish.. But all the other plaster related products are like "secondary buys" ( yes that is a proper business terminology)... Meaning for the Dummies out there because you are there and may not have it on your van you might just pay however much they sell it for on your way out.
Which is one of many reasons I don't shop there.
Straws, grasping and muppet springs to mind.