Uni finish is cr@p

Members online

Mag

Used it a few time not to impressed with it bits suck in and bits stay wet . Can't beat a good two cost pva of febgrit blue ..

I noticed he's sweating his b*ll***s off while applying it ,hints n tips how to stick the gear on lol

Biggest over priced overrated gimmick ive ever seen. That vid is also a shocking example for promotion, fat bloke sweating his knackers off trying to stay on top of it, first trowel onwards with plastic, pulling wet corners out with plastic. If the suction is to great apply a weak PVA !!! " Why not just PVA in the first place " then do it in Multi... Add a 3rd coat !!!

Has anyone been gullible enough to get sucked into this garbage ?

Biggest over priced overrated gimmick ive ever seen. That vid is also a shocking example for promotion, fat bloke sweating his knackers off trying to stay on top of it, first trowel onwards with plastic, pulling wet corners out with plastic. If the suction is to great apply a weak PVA !!! " Why not just PVA in the first place " then do it in Multi... Add a 3rd coat !!!

I'm gullible. I love it. Glossy artex ceiling. Straight on with uni and top coat multi. No f**k**g about waiting for pva to pick up. It's knowing when to use it and when not too. And believe me I'm no big business apologist I just think it's a great product for certain jobs.

Reactions: Mag
I'm gullible. I love it. Glossy artex ceiling. Straight on with uni and top coat multi. No f**k**g about waiting for pva to pick up. It's knowing when to use it and when not too. And believe me I'm no big business apologist I just think it's a great product for certain jobs.
Small artex ceilings are fine but a big hit and its s**t and over priced

Gullible lol

Have you ever used a bag ?

Haha wondered how long before you took the bait :)

My point was this, the video promotes a product and prides itself on the fact that you don't need to glue up, it then states later in the film that if the suction is to high lightly PVA the walls or put a third coat on !! How can they charge you more for something, when sometimes you still need to PVA or put a third coat on ! They make out that it saves loads of time when in fact it doesn't actually take that long to glue a wall up does it.

In all fairness if a wall was really high in suction i could probably lightly PVA and 3 coat with Multi and stay on top of it.

Haha wondered how long before you took the bait :)

My point was this, the video promotes a product and prides itself on the fact that you don't need to glue up, it then states later in the film that if the suction is to high lightly PVA the walls or put a third coat on !! How can they charge you more for something, when sometimes you still need to PVA or put a third coat on ! They make out that it saves loads of time when in fact it doesn't actually take that long to glue a wall up does it.

In all fairness if a wall was really high in suction i could probably lightly PVA and 3 coat with Multi and stay on top of it.
Agree that suggesting to pva if suction too high is a nonsense. I just ignore advice like that and do my own thing with it. Sometimes on a big artex ceiling it's nice to have a product that doesn't set as fast as multi, I sometimes put a small glug of pva in first coat for a really long set time if I'm starving and need to pop to the shop or price a job.

How dare you say uni is rubbish
It is utter shite stuff.:)

Ive used it many times and also like it but also agree with pionts made by some, not sure if its here to stay but i will not dismiss it. I would be interested what the price difference is in ireland for the faster setting plasters that they have compared to the normal stuff.

Fine/brilliant on silkpaint

Mat paint can't always control the suction

Everything else not fit for purpose

Bought 20 bags went from loving to despiseing it and everything in between depending on substrate.

Once you realise it doesn't work on all substrates kind of took the shine off when needing to PVA anyway for summet that's more than double price of multi!.

Fine/brilliant on silkpaint

Mat paint can't always control the suction

Everything else not fit for purpose

Bought 20 bags went from loving to despiseing it and everything in between depending on substrate.

Once you realise it doesn't work on all substrates kind of took the shine off when needing to PVA anyway for summet that's more than double price of multi!.
Thats the best review of the product I have seen.
Used it 4 times and each time on different substrates it was b*ll***s.
It cost me time.

Never used it and cant c me ever using it tbh its just 2 expensive and I cant justify in passing the cost on to clients because i cnt be arsed pva ing which ive said b4..there either need to put it on sale for say £1 more than multi or just get rid of it so there can stop putting all the out of date stuff in the multi lol..

image.jpeg
Gullible lol

Have you ever used a bag ?

I can be a little gullible as you can see when the rep came to see me! :sisi:

Where u been zombie? Ive missed ur rants lol..

Lol...tbh kitchy I've either not logged on or logged on and just seen nowt I can be arsed to post about for past god knows how long!!!

Been in a real plastering downer for last 12 month or so can't bear to get up to go to work never mind type about it at night after work!!!:loco::(:raro2:

Hope your well fela!!!(y)

Never used it and cant c me ever using it tbh its just 2 expensive and I cant justify in passing the cost on to clients because i cnt be arsed pva ing which ive said b4..there either need to put it on sale for say £1 more than multi or just get rid of it so there can stop putting all the out of date stuff in the multi lol..
I think they should get rid of multie and just have uni and at the same price :). The thing with the Uni is you may have to pva so no point in buying it, but if there was the choice to not pva and that's what the plaster did it would give the plasterer the choice and also benefit the plasterer.

I think they should get rid of multie and just have uni and at the same price :). The thing with the Uni is you may have to pva so no point in buying it, but if there was the choice to not pva and that's what the plaster did it would give the plasterer the choice and also benefit the plasterer.
Ye it is pointless wen there say u may need to give a tight coat of pva..it either needs 0% pva on all backgrounds no matter wat or do away with it

Lol...tbh kitchy I've either not logged on or logged on and just seen nowt I can be arsed to post about for past god knows how long!!!

Been in a real plastering downer for last 12 month or so can't bear to get up to go to work never mind type about it at night after work!!!:loco::(:raro2:

Hope your well fela!!!(y)
Fair play..suppose If ur in clemo mode last thing u wana do is type about it aswell

Ye it is pointless wen there say u may need to give a tight coat of pva..it either needs 0% pva on all backgrounds no matter wat or do away with it
If it's dry, pva and multi. If it's glossy uni. Honestly don't see the issue.

Said it before,I have my options open in the back of my van I have uni and multi.most jobs I have seen before I go but can decide to swap up what I use.
Might use uni on the low suction or uni with multi on top or pva and then use multi or uni.Traditional plasterer ways always have it in there heads that first thing you do is walk in and pva all the room and then your ready to roll maybe that's where we are different.I decide what I don't have to pva , bang my gear on and then pva the areas if I think they need it.
Decide what I use when I get there and how my day goes, that's how to use it.
Nothing wrong with 3 coats either takes no time at all if you have it mixed up and that is what brings it under control if it is drying fast. And talking of fast if you want a quick 1 hour mix use unifinish on high suction bang a coat on and lay in with the same gear flatten off quick time ...jobs a good un.

Not expecting many to agree but that's how I use it.

Horses for courses... I would like to see if it still available in 5 years...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mag
U are yankin chains. Until u try uni at least 3 times then make a decision on plaster.

Said it before,I have my options open in the back of my van I have uni and multi.most jobs I have seen before I go but can decide to swap up what I use.
Might use uni on the low suction or uni with multi on top or pva and then use multi or uni.Traditional plasterer ways always have it in there heads that first thing you do is walk in and pva all the room and then your ready to roll maybe that's where we are different.I decide what I don't have to pva , bang my gear on and then pva the areas if I think they need it.
Nothing wrong with 3 coats either takes no time at all if you have it mixed up and that is what brings it under control if it is drying fast. And talking of fast if you want a quick 1 hour mix use unifinish on high suction bang a coat on and lay in with the same gear flatten off quick time ...jobs a good un.

C if that's good for you. ;)

Three coats ..!! F@@k that I'll stick to rendering

Whats that about, multi on top of uni.

Three coats ..!! F@@k that I'll stick to rendering
It is what it is bud , many time people have got there knickers in a twist on unifinish needing 3 coats but fact is even on normal re skim of older properties sometimes walls need 3 coats to sort out the wall.

I think that none of my local builders merchants stock it says it all, very little demand. When it first came out they had a pallet in Exeter build base. It was there for so long that they were trying to give it away come the end. I'd trial it on someone else's job but wouldn't risk it on my own.