Unhappy with plaster work, am I being unreasonable.

I can assure you I’m not talking any rubbish. I’m a single young women that has worked her arse for 2 years solid to put myself in position to be able to by her first home.

I have brought a house that needs a complete refurb and I am putting my trust and faith in to trades men to come and do a decent professional job!

I used a plastering firm. Professional website, company advertised work van and the chap that quoted did the work.

There is no bullshittery coming from me!

As stated I will give the company the opportunity to rectify this problem. Should it not get resolved to a satisfactory standard the BULLSHITERY will begin

If they can't do the job right first time,what makes you think they can put it right?

Hi Carl,

Given the situation I’m in I don’t think I have any other option than to get him back to “hopefully” rectify the problems.
Are you sure he's PVA ' d properly , you don't want to get finished ( decorated) and find patches of plaster on your floor when someone bounces around upstairs , Lurpac may do a free test

Are you sure he's PVA ' d properly , you don't want to get finished ( decorated) and find patches of plaster on your floor when someone bounces around upstairs , Lurpac may do a free test
I put the question to him about pva and he got very offended I asked the question. He assured me he has followed the correct process. He believes there has been some movement and it has caused the crack. The 2 cracks aren’t too bad and after researching I believe these have been caused my movement as they effectively run along the plaster board join.
I maybe wrong, but until he comes and takes I’ll look I won’t know what he can do

Will I get a double coating
8D729787-94B6-4F02-A520-6A3ADE5220AF.gif

I only came for some advice!

Haha it’s been good fun though!

I’ll let you all know how I get on with my plastering .... and lurpratt

Take care x

You don't want to leave do you, Lurpak has smoothed you over!

On a serious note though you should get a refund, I just don't know how someone can leave a finish like that. Did he have a trowel or did he lay it on with his hands?

That plasterer was a boxer...........see how he didn’t like to get in the corners....
Great post.
Nice banter.
To the op, give him a chance, but only one.

I can honestly think only of @Marshy ! He is a true gentleman and lives around the corner. You should give him a chance once the plasterer is done with his rectifying job, because i don’t think it will be much better anyway. Marshy also does great discounts for the right people. Where is he anyway?

As fun as this thread is, that skimming is absolute dog s**t, and I would seriously doubt he is capable of correcting it. Its not even skimmed tight into the corners ffs. Refund or pay someone to fix, sadly is going to he the course of action. I sincerely doubt they are cabable of fixing it, if they patch it i reckon they will leave ridges trying to feather it in. I cant see them redoing the whole thing,which is probably what it needs. Someone already said, looks like a lab has had a wee go at being a plasterer. No one out there time and even remotely capable would leave a mess like that. Sorry, op, but youve been had.