Unhappy with plaster work, am I being unreasonable.

Members online

Oh 'The BUDGET'

You've gone cheap and got bitten you might fool a few of the muppets on here.

There's no way in a hell a decent plasterer who charges accordingly would ever let that plastering look like that at any point never mind leaving it like that.

You won't name the company because it doesn't exist.

Grow up! What a Pratt you are!

Most people refurbishing a house have a budget.

Grow up! What a Pratt you are!

Most people refurbishing a house have a budget.

You can call me all the names you like, the truth hurts.

You've gone cheap and deserve every inch of that rough finish.

Next time increase the budget on the plasterering end. Its one of the most important.

Instead of a big debate, if you're not willing to say the truth then that's your issue. My honest opinion is:

If you went cheap then I guess that's what you get.

If you really did use a reputable company then you have nothing to worry about as that's a full refund completely unacceptable.

You can call me all the names you like, the truth hurts.

You've gone cheap and deserve every inch of that rough finish.

Next time increase the budget on the plasterering end. Its one of the most important.
Instead of a big debate, if you're not willing to say the truth then that's your issue. My honest opinion is:

If you went cheap then I guess that's what you get.

If you really did use a reputable company then you have nothing to worry about as that's a full refund completely unacceptable.

A refund will be requested should it be necessary.

Thank you for your I put

Let’s be clear on thing though - I’m not a single mum

Oh 'The BUDGET'
You've gone cheap and got bitten you might fool a few of the muppets on here.

There's no way in a hell a decent plasterer who charges accordingly would ever let that plastering look like that at any point never mind leaving it like that.

You won't name the company because it doesn't exist.

There's boys who'll charge you for a top job and not do it, though.
Theres two different types of customers.

1) want a top quality job, it costs what it costs

2) those on a budget

Those on a budget. I run far and fast from people who say they don't want a Rolls Royce job because they fcukign well do want a Rolls Royce job. If they didn't, they'd do it themselves and be damned, wouldn't they?
What they mean is that they don't want to pay for a Rolls Royce job but woe betide you if you didn't do one. Come the end, it's be 'what's this? What's that? How come that's like that? Can you put this right?'

Fcuk that.

To be fair, peopel are being a bit harsh on our new friend I think. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that she's been had - most likely these facebook recommendations are friends and family of his. Could very well be the case that he's really a labourer who's dipping his toe into the world of going on his own.

As stated I’m clueless to what things cost. I did the right thing and got 4 separate companies in to quote the work. 1250 1200 1160 1025 were the prices coated to me 1160 was what he quoted but wanted a further 120. We agreed on 1220as met him in the middle.
This house is ab2 bed coach house. Very small. When I say hall ways they are not your typical hallway . Very small. What would you have quoted out of interest?
£650 inc materials

Young too

It's all well and good being single and young, but what do you weigh?

The bad news is that it's all well and good asking for a refund, but a fella who does work like that will have a queue of people wanting refunds, so even a CCJ is unlikely to get you very far unless you get Paul Bowhill and Mr McKraken on the job.

If I were you, I'd tread very lightly with this guy and go about things in such a way as not to make him dodge you - flutter your eyelashes rather than get angry.

has the single mum card been used yet?

There's boys who'll charge you for a top job and not do it, though.

Those on a budget. I run far and fast from people who say they don't want a Rolls Royce job because they fcukign well do want a Rolls Royce job. If they didn't, they'd do it themselves and be damned, wouldn't they?
What they mean is that they don't want to pay for a Rolls Royce job but woe betide you if you didn't do one. Come the end, it's be 'what's this? What's that? How come that's like that? Can you put this right?'

Fcuk that.

To be fair, peopel are being a bit harsh on our new friend I think. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that she's been had - most likely these facebook recommendations are friends and family of his. Could very well be the case that he's really a labourer who's dipping his toe into the world of going on his own.
im a strong women. a few keyboard warriors don’t worry me

Lurpratt clearly gets his frills from this forum .... poor guy. He should try spreading more than plaster.....

The bad news is that it's all well and good asking for a refund, but a fella who does work like that will have a queue of people wanting refunds, so even a CCJ is unlikely to get you very far unless you get Paul Bowhill and Mr McKraken on the job.

If I were you, I'd tread very lightly with this guy and go about things in such a way as not to make him dodge you - flutter your eyelashes rather than get angry.
Agreed, I’ve paid for the works and he’ll either come and sort issues I’ll never see him again.
I’ll push for the CCJ regardless of if it’s outcome.
I’m hopeful he’s a decent guy and he will do the right thing but a lesson learnt if not

Haha, id post a picture but I’d send lurpratt into meltdown

Agreed, I’ve paid for the works and he’ll either come and sort issues I’ll never see him again.
I’ll push for the CCJ regardless of if it’s outcome.
I’m hopeful he’s a decent guy and he will do the right thing but a lesson learnt if not

That's what I'm saying - help him to be decent and actively avoid joining the list of people that he's hiding from (cos he will be)

That's what I'm saying - help him to be decent and actively avoid joining the list of people that he's hiding from (cos he will be)
He has n
Been very receptive to my concerns and has called me several times over the last couple of days. I have sent him pictures and he agrees the finish is no acceptable. He said the touch ups are not a problem and he will be straight on to them bespectacled week but he said he is more concerned that the plaster is cracking. I’ll keep everyone posted of the outcome.
I can’t wait to get my lovely house sorted. Windows, heating, bathroom and kitchen. All being done over the next few weeks. Karndean flooring throughout and it will be done

He has n
Been very receptive to my concerns and has called me several times over the last couple of days. I have sent him pictures and he agrees the finish is no acceptable. He said the touch ups are not a problem and he will be straight on to them bespectacled week but he said he is more concerned that the plaster is cracking. I’ll keep everyone posted of the outcome.
I can’t wait to get my lovely house sorted. Windows, heating, bathroom and kitchen. All being done over the next few weeks. Karndean flooring throughout and it will be done

Good luck but I'd be very very worried about anyone who left that

91a5b180-5ac0-4d23-ae76-39bf33f5bc62-jpeg.24644

Good luck but I'd be very very worried about anyone who left that

91a5b180-5ac0-4d23-ae76-39bf33f5bc62-jpeg.24644
With quality like that I'd be concerned about whether its stuck on , might have not even quoted for PVA, can't get over what some people earn