Unhappy with plaster work, am I being unreasonable.

Members online

I have been very courteous and extremely diplomatic given the quality of his work. He has been receptive so I just have to go with it. Anger will come into it should he leave it in the original state

He’ll have no fury like a women scorned :)
Was it on the phone, or have u messages /emails from him admitting it wasnt good enough

I have been very courteous and extremely diplomatic given the quality of his work. He has been receptive so I just have to go with it. Anger will come into it should he leave it in the original state

Well keep us updated

If

Youre laughing then if you have him admitting it isnt good enough in black and white should u have to go down the claims route. Hopefully he just had a severley bad day, and fixes it up acceptably for you anyway. But we will see.
If it looks ok when it’s painted I’ll accept it. I joust want my house done and done properly

I was looking at that - at first glance, it looks like there's big holes in it but if you look again, then it looks like whatever was up there was really, REALLY rough and he's sort of tried to go up to it but it hasn't worked out because there's only so much a couple of mm of skim can do.

Others might disagree but it looks to me like a classic example of asking too much of a thin coat of plaster.

No guarantees, like but two coats is thicker than one!

91a5b180-5ac0-4d23-ae76-39bf33f5bc62-jpeg.24644

I was looking at that - at first glance, it looks like there's big holes in it but if you look again, then it looks like whatever was up there was really, REALLY rough and he's sort of tried to go up to it but it hasn't worked out because there's only so much a couple of mm of skim can do.

Others might disagree but it looks to me like a classic example of asking too much of a thin coat of plaster.

It’s a disgrace,simple as that.

'Tis.

But you could tear your hair out and shout about it or you could look at what went wrong and how to put it right.
It’s a long time since I could tear hair out!.The only way to put that right is get a different plasterer unless that man is after been to Lourdes.

A 'one coat cowboy' is my reckoning