Unhappy with plaster work, am I being unreasonable.

Members online

As fun as this thread is, that skimming is absolute dog s**t, and I would seriously doubt he is capable of correcting it. Its not even skimmed tight into the corners ffs. Refund or pay someone to fix, sadly is going to he the course of action. I sincerely doubt they are cabable of fixing it, if they patch it i reckon they will leave ridges trying to feather it in. I cant see them redoing the whole thing,which is probably what it needs. Someone already said, looks like a lab has had a wee go at being a plasterer. No one out there time and even remotely capable would leave a mess like that. Sorry, op, but youve been had.
Thing is legally you have to give them a chance to rectify it.

Hi @Diddydyedo Hopefully you've got this sorted now. What area are you in? This is by far the worst plastering I've ever seen. Do not let this guy do any more work. He's not capable of the finish you need.

You can understand her dilemma though - she's very unlikely to see any money back because a clown like that won't have any.

Maybe he'll put it on with a trowel this time and not a dishcloth.

Morning all. Right I've been tagged in this a few times but with 160 odd replies?? I'm not reading thro all that !!! So what's the problem apart from that work is a bag of wank!!??
I don't mind sorting it out and if that lady customer is the one on the pics? Giggety! @Diddydyedo I mix my PVA like this
Unhappy with plaster work, am I being unreasonable.

You may need to get some safety glasses?? Giggety

I put the question to him about pva and he got very offended I asked the question. He assured me he has followed the correct process. He believes there has been some movement and it has caused the crack. The 2 cracks aren’t too bad and after researching I believe these have been caused my movement as they effectively run along the plaster board join.
I maybe wrong, but until he comes and takes I’ll look I won’t know what he can do
Don't get that clown back. If that is his standard? I wouldn't trust him to pick up dog s**t !! As that best describes his work!!!

Morning all. Right I've been tagged in this a few times but with 160 odd replies?? I'm not reading thro all that !!! So what's the problem apart from that work is a bag of wank!!??
I don't mind sorting it out and if that lady customer is the one on the pics? Giggety! @Diddydyedo I mix my PVA like this
View attachment 24697
You may need to get some safety glasses?? Giggety
Haha, that is definitely me in the pic (not your pic) lol

Thing is legally you have to give them a chance to rectify it.
Yes agreed. If he does not sort this to a satisfactory standard I will definitely small claims him. Regardless of the out come financially, I will ensure he is held accountable for the it

I’ll keep you posted. Would it be a complete no skim if I got someone else in or could they patch it up?
Hard to know without seeing it in person, you could maybe get away with patching,but might need to bite the bullet and recoat it. You could maybe get away with easy fill akd sand it all, but, it shouldn't come to that. Competent tradesman wouldn't have left that, genuinely, its terrible mistakes can and do happen, but that strikes as being a chancer/inexperienced person trying their hand.

Yes agreed. If he does not sort this to a satisfactory standard I will definitely small claims him. Regardless of the out come financially, I will ensure he is held accountable for the it

Tell you where you'd get your money back - Ole Judge Rinder. If he dishes out compensation, then it's actually him that pays it. So need to bother with Paul Bowhill and Mr McKracken.

Contact by e-mail to: judge@itv.com (please include your phone number in your email)
Applications closing date: Friday 17 May 2019 at midday
Audition/Casting period: Ongoing
Age restriction applies: Applicants must be 18 years of age or over
Terms and Conditions: Terms and Conditions apply.

Take longer to patch it

What it looks like is that the substrate is really rough and our pal has either overestimated what skim can cover or not looked at the job properly and just gone for it. Might well be that a second pass will righten it up.

Hard to know without seeing it in person, you could maybe get away with patching,but might need to bite the bullet and recoat it. You could maybe get away with easy fill akd sand it all, but, it shouldn't come to that. Competent tradesman wouldn't have left that, genuinely, its terrible mistakes can and do happen, but that strikes as being a chancer/inexperienced person trying their hand.
Thank you. I just have to see what he says when he comes back. He is coming round on Monday. I must admit the more I look at it the angrier I’m getting!

Tell you where you'd get your money back - Ole Judge Rinder. If he dishes out compensation, then it's actually him that pays it. So need to bother with Paul Bowhill and Mr McKracken.

Contact by e-mail to: judge@itv.com (please include your phone number in your email)
Applications closing date: Friday 17 May 2019 at midday
Audition/Casting period: Ongoing
Age restriction applies: Applicants must be 18 years of age or over
Terms and Conditions: Terms and Conditions apply.
You
What the f**k us this thread about? I’m cringing for everyone.. op and replies.... bad plastering too
It is a f**k*d up thread, of that there is no denying.
Quite a little draw in. My first post has certainly got some attention lol

What it looks like is that the substrate is really rough and our pal has either overestimated what skim can cover or not looked at the job properly and just gone for it. Might well be that a second pass will righten it up.
I hope so. Like I said he has apologised and said the pictures I’ve sent him are not acceptable.. He has to put it right surely

Don't get mad with him or he'll most probably vanish.
I have been very courteous and extremely diplomatic given the quality of his work. He has been receptive so I just have to go with it. Anger will come into it should he leave it in the original state

He’ll have no fury like a women scorned :)