Unhappy with plaster work, am I being unreasonable.

Members online

Yes Facebook the best first business kick start for quick courses I don’t have Facebook at all so you will never find me haha. Price is ok think I would of been more expensive than all the quotes you got though. I would get him back to fix his work did you pay him cash?
I paid bank transfer and have an invoiced receipt for works.
All I want is the below standard areas touched up and I’ll be happy. I’m hopeful he will come and do the repairs. I have taken pictures and videos of the work and emailed my concerns to him.

I'm to cheep then. I don't earn a grand in a week. Prices vary around the country though as much as double. I send bill after work is completed and most customers pay via bank transfer or cheque. Any problems I go back and rectify which only happens every few years. What happened to payment of satisfactory completion?
I’m young and it’s my first house. I just thought work was done so I had to pay. Work looked ok when I went around with him. Now it’s drying out and looking at it more closely I wish I had held back. I won’t make this mistake with other work I’m having done.

I paid bank transfer and have an invoiced receipt for works.
All I want is the below standard areas touched up and I’ll be happy. I’m hopeful he will come and do the repairs. I have taken pictures and videos of the work and emailed my concerns to him.
Ok hopefully he comes back and sorts the issues out keep us updated.

FFS!!!! Don’t get me started on this one! Obviously paid peanuts so you got a monkey!! All these c**ts are out there undercutting proper true tradesmen so here’s how all the prices for decent working spreads are getting drove down by cheap arse skin flints like yourself!!
:cachetada:
What would you have quoted for the work please.
I wouldn’t say I was trying to be cheap. Out of the 4 quotes this was in the middle and the guy seemed very knowledgeable and professional. I have been let down by this plasterer. I think it was a fare price for 3 days work

Yeah. I do prep day before and put other spreads work right. Where is their sealer or Pva here? See it all to see often. Plaster coming off in sheets. Should be some kind of best practice with a federation backed insurance giving the home owner protection if things go wrong. Will never happen or work though
IMG_20180710_124445.jpg

Last edited:
Your talking utter b*ll***s. No reputable spread advertised or not would come and do a job like that. I know 'rough' plasterers and their work is rough because of small things. Their margins, angle beads, corners, work round winds, straightness and squarness of reveals. That work you posted is on another level rough. That is joe blogs going on b&q forum and having a go for a first time rough.
If your telling me someone reputable and advertised has done that then name and shame and post it all over facebook because no f**k*r can leave work like that and expect to ever get work again.
I could have an apprentice follow me round for a week and they would probably do a better job than that.
The pictures alone tell the story of that job regardless of what bs story you come up with. Pay peanuts get monkeys

U got it done cheap if u ask me. And he was slow at 3 days to do the work. But it don't matter how long it took as a price is price. If it was 1week u would be the same money. But if it was 1 day u would be looking at him like he had 2 heads. Work is s**t by the way.

Your talking utter b*ll***s. No reputable spread advertised or not would come and do a job like that. I know 'rough' plasterers and their work is rough because of small things. Their margins, angle beads, corners, work round winds, straightness and squarness of reveals. That work you posted is on another level rough. That is joe blogs going on b&q forum and having a go for a first time rough.
If your telling me someone reputable and advertised has done that then name and shame and post it all over facebook because no f**k*r can leave work like that and expect to ever get work again.
I could have an apprentice follow me round for a week and they would probably do a better job than that.
The pictures alone tell the story of that job regardless of what bs story you come up with. Pay peanuts get monkeys
Very rude reply!
I can assure you I employed a company that on the front seemed very professional and well put together. He advised what was the best way to get the ceilings smooth and quoted for the work.
His work overall is ok but as stated he was very sloppy with areas that needed a detailing.
£1220 paid in total which for 3 days work doesn’t sound to bad.
I don’t think you post was helpful

Which part of his work is ok? There’s about 20 pictures and i’m not ok with any of them. Something i’d expect if you had a go yourself. Should of, you’d of saved yourself a few quid and have the same outcome.

You could come on here and say you paid 10 grand for the job it doesnt matter what you say does it because the facts are in the pictures.
Is this company a plastering firm? Did the guy that quoted it do it himself or send someone else. On what level is that work ok. Your not helping your self mate im just reading between the lines and there is some level of bullshitery going on here.

You could come on here and say you paid 10 grand for the job it doesnt matter what you say does it because the facts are in the pictures.
Is this company a plastering firm? Did the guy that quoted it do it himself or send someone else. On what level is that work ok. Your not helping your self mate im just reading between the lines and there is some level of bullshitery going on here.
lol "bullshitery"
my word of the day lol

What would you have quoted for the work please.
I wouldn’t say I was trying to be cheap. Out of the 4 quotes this was in the middle and the guy seemed very knowledgeable and professional. I have been let down by this plasterer. I think it was a fare price for 3 days work
you need to give a full description of the sizes of these ceilings to quote for them? Also surely you have to name and shame this idiot so he can’t go around putting out that very bad quality of work and do this to anyone else!

I don't think there's an issue with the price, plasterer quoted, his quote got accepted then he was asking for more money, money is not relevant, it's a piss poor execution tbh.

Update. I have just been to the property to meet a tiler and cracks are appearing in 2 of the rooms (feeling anxious) I am so strapped with my budget I just don’t have the funds to get it sorted by someone else :( The plaster is coming out next week to assess the situation and hopefully put it right. He has been very receptive so I hope he is true to his word

you need to give a full description of the sizes of these ceilings to quote for them? Also surely you have to name and shame this idiot so he can’t go around putting out that very bad quality of work and do this to anyone else!
Kitchen 12/14
Living room 12/12
Bedroom 10/10
Bedroom 10/8
Toilet 4/5
Bathroom 6/5
Hall way downstairs 3/8
Hall way upstairs 3/5

I will give this tradesmen the opportunity to put his work right. I am not unreasonable.
Should I be left with sub standard work I will go through small Claim. I’m not prepared to turned over on this

I can assure you I’m not talking any rubbish. I’m a single young women that has worked her arse for 2 years solid to put myself in position to be able to by her first home.

I have brought a house that needs a complete refurb and I am putting my trust and faith in to trades men to come and do a decent professional job!

I used a plastering firm. Professional website, company advertised work van and the chap that quoted did the work.

There is no bullshittery coming from me!

As stated I will give the company the opportunity to rectify this problem. Should it not get resolved to a satisfactory standard the BULLSHITERY will begin

I can assure you I’m not talking any rubbish. I’m a single young women that has worked her arse for 2 years solid to put myself in position to be able to by her first home.

I have brought a house that needs a complete refurb and I am putting my trust and faith in to trades men to come and do a decent professional job!

I used a plastering firm. Professional website, company advertised work van and the chap that quoted did the work.

There is no bullshittery coming from me!

As stated I will give the company the opportunity to rectify this problem. Should it not get resolved to a satisfactory standard the BULLSHITERY will begin
I like that! Give them a chance to sort it out! It happens to all of us and whoever says i never had to come back it's just surpresing his online ego.

I like that! Give them a chance to sort it out! It happens to all of us and whoever says i never had to come back it's just surpresing his online ego.
I disagree mate. They shouldn’t need a second chance to come back because the job should have been done correctly from the start! It’s all very unprofessional. (Brush lines and not releasing sockets, artex pattern grinning threw etc.)
I never get called back to jobs, my pride wouldn’t be able to cope with it.

I disagree mate. They shouldn’t need a second chance to come back because the job should have been done correctly from the start! It’s all very unprofessional. (Brush lines and not releasing sockets etc.)
I never get called back to jobs, my pride wouldn’t be able to cope with it.
We all agree to that mate! There is a lot to be said about the pictures and the job and yes it's a s**t job, but still .......what's wrong with giving people a chance?

I can assure it was plastering company. You are very rude

So you're a struggling single mom whos skint but you've paid for a top class plastering company? A companion that you won't name flr some reason.

Sorry if you think I'm rude but i think you've got the cheapest plasterer in because you can't afford a proper one. Now you've reached the inevitable outcome.

If im wrong show me the company?

Theres good plasterers out there you just have to pay for them

We all agree to that mate! There is a lot to be said about the pictures and the job and yes it's a s**t job, but still .......what's wrong with giving people a chance?
Mate there’s nothing wrong with giving some people a chance but imo this idiot has already had it getting the job in the first place!! Once bitten twice shy!

I will post pictures of the rooms as a whole later. 90
So you're a struggling single mom whos skint but you've paid for a top class plastering company? A companion that you won't name flr some reason.

Sorry if you think I'm rude but i think you've got the cheapest plasterer in because you can't afford a proper one. Now you've reached the inevitable outcome.

If im wrong show me the company?

Theres good plasterers out there you just have to pay for them

single mum??? Are you struggling to read??

I’ve paid a plastering firm to come and do job that was quoted. Please let me know what you think this should have cost me if I’ve paid so cheaply.

My budget is tight and I’m trying to work within it. I’m not doing anything on the cheap I can assure you.

You’d clearly be a pleasure to do business with!

I came here for advice. I’m not in the business of bringing people down. This plasterer clearly got sloppy that doesn’t warrant me a licence to start naming him until he has had the opportunity to sort it.

Oh 'The BUDGET'

You've gone cheap and got bitten you might fool a few of the muppets on here.

There's no way in a hell a decent plasterer who charges accordingly would ever let that plastering look like that at any point never mind leaving it like that.

You won't name the company because it doesn't exist.

Theres two different types of customers.

1) want a top quality job, it costs what it costs

2) those on a budget