ULEZ and alike

Zippydragon

Anyone who works in or around London or Birmingham? Seen this ULEZ is coming and unless your van is euro 6 you have to pay £12.50 plus congestion charge in London l- not sure about Birmingham but have heard they are doing the same and other cities are looking to go
The same. Total joke considering euro 6 has only been in since 2016, so 2015 van and your screwed.... robbing bastards ..... rant over...... sorry

Anyone who works in or around London or Birmingham? Seen this ULEZ is coming and unless your van is euro 6 you have to pay £12.50 plus congestion charge in London l- not sure about Birmingham but have heard they are doing the same and other cities are looking to go
The same. Total joke considering euro 6 has only been in since 2016, so 2015 van and your screwed.... robbing bastards ..... rant over...... sorry
Every town will be charging soon, Dollar will explain.

Doesn't its s**t conform with emissions tests?
100% organic , unless he's had access to a take away ,
a friend camped , invited his mates and ordered Chinese ,,, none of them were brave enough to refuse him first dibs , had to hide in his van to eat what's left , street muggers got nothing on him lol

You get screwed on parking as well being in a van.

Oh dear. Oxford city council's claim that ULEZ will reduce congestion and reduce bus journey times turns out to not be the case according to a report that came out after the consultation.

Absolute grid lock on the ring road around Birmingham at the mo. You get charged as soon as you turn off towards the city centre. Was bound to happen and just pushes all the traffic further out

Oh dear. Oxford city council's claim that ULEZ will reduce congestion and reduce bus journey times turns out to not be the case according to a report that came out after the consultation.

Unfortunately it's Hopkins, who talks s**t and trouble making most of the while. Whilst I do not like the council or their wilful irrational blind hatred of motorcycles, they have not had any 15 minute ideas or plans. Just some non-council loons have talked it up. The expected jams are ok by them because it will enable them to justify extending the area covered.
Oxford had to redo the consultation because MAG and some local councillors pulled them up on some of the ridiculous statements made in it. They were always going to do it anyway, but at least we got motorbikes exempt from the traffic filters.

Just ordered a trany custom euro6 van with ecoblue how does that stuff work ? Seperate hole when puttingdiesel in ? What ratio etc ?
Saves me looking on u tube innit ? :tanguero:

Just ordered a trany custom euro6 van with ecoblue how does that stuff work ? Seperate hole when puttingdiesel in ? What ratio etc ?
Saves me looking on u tube innit ? :tanguero:

Enjoy .you got a long wait for delivery?

Ad. Blue. Basically it is piss squirted into exhaust
Another. Emissions con .It does nothing ....
It’s a mileage based top up should tell you when to refill .... I have it in transporter done 4000 miles not had to do any top ups

You can code it out

Same in Bristol. I got offered a grant of £4500 to upgrade but part of the deal was to part exchange my old van. No dealers wanted it although it's in excellent condition. It's basically worthless because it's Euro 5. Just going to keep mine running as long as possible worked I'll be saving around 5 grand for every year I hold onto it and I'll just avoid working or charge customers working in the zone. Remember 10 years ago when they were pushing everyone to buy diesel cars? This country is a joke...we are in a state of managed decline.

Does anyone know how the hell trades are supposed to access these low traffic neighbourhoods?

Just imagine living in one and wanting an extension.

I guess we will be charged to access and only at certain times.

You would be mad to go into a trade now.

So glad I upgraded my van few years back, everyone was talking me out of it. I'd probably get my money back if I wanted to sell it right now

Foregive me my Irish brothers but you have to grow a set of balls.

Simple. Don’t pay the fee. When they come to collect… do what thou wilt.

Well they seem like a perfectly respectable bunch of citizens.

They introduced in Glasgow recently Official air daily reports were very good in lez zone outwith a handful of days prior to introduction over a year. Since it started a few months ago on average air is worse according to official reports on some days.

Pathetic little c**t

Him and thst Sajid Javid

How the f**k he got voted in.

Every time I see his pathetic face and them f**k**g gestures

Little c**t

Like lady penelopes parker

Fake little c**t, full of s**t
Do I detect that you're not his biggest fan?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728-201657_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728-201657_Gallery.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 53
Politicians slowly waking up to fact it's a vote loser. TV, Radio piundits and Labour even the Conservatives seemed puzzled by their recent election seat win - "but what about Sunak, policies blah blah?"
- then twigged he campaigned/spoke purely about being against the ULEZ, never spoke about anything else.

Ltns, was looking on Internet about them,it wasn't clear how service vehicles avoid penalty if you go to a property.
Read taxis drop off customers at entrance,surely not.

Ltns, was looking on Internet about them,it wasn't clear how service vehicles avoid penalty if you go to a property.
Read taxis drop off customers at entrance,surely not.
They don't avoid the penalty, only London licensed are. Soeither they drop off near the boundary or add iot to the fee.
London-licensed taxis are exempt from ULEZ charges. Older, more polluting taxis are subject to a 12 year age limit, with newer, cleaner taxis extended to 15 years. All newly licensed taxis must be zero emission capable (ZEC) vehicles. - TfL website.

People will need pay rises to cover the cost of charges/new cars which will in turn increase inflation. The worst thing about this is that Labour under Gordon Brown and Tony Blair incentivised and subsidised diesel vehicles. They are now taxing those that bought them. It is true that the ULEZ was originally a Tory idea but only a small scheme (central London). It was not written into law to expand it and was solely the decision of the Labour Major. Incentivised to buy a diesel and then taxed heavily to keep it. The scrappage scheme is a joke only £2000 towards a new vehicle with many conditions and a time limit attached.

People will need pay rises to cover the cost of charges/new cars which will in turn increase inflation. The worst thing about this is that Labour under Gordon Brown and Tony Blair incentivised and subsidised diesel vehicles. They are now taxing those that bought them. It is true that the ULEZ was originally a Tory idea but only a small scheme (central London). It was not written into law to expand it and was solely the decision of the Labour Major. Incentivised to buy a diesel and then taxed heavily to keep it. The scrappage scheme is a joke only £2000 towards a new vehicle with many conditions and a time limit attached.
They’re all Instructed by the same Masters. It’s a pantomime for them to appear to have different opinions.
Maybe look into de registering your vehicle from DVLA. It can work. Only when it’s DVLA registered are you legally bound by the laws of the road.