Tinnitus

Members online

I suffer from it a constant tone like the sound you here when getting a hearing test more noticeable when everyone’s gone to bed. I find keeping your ears clean with a drop of virgin olive oil helps dim it down a tad.
I hadn't noticed it's still with me until it was mentioned.

I'll probably forget about it In a bit.

It can help if you concentrate on the noise rather than trying to mask it.

you do have to somehow make ‘peace’ with it, but it takes time. If you were born with it, you wouldn’t know any difference, so I’ve tried to reprogram myself with that in mind till I pushed it away. Still taps you on the shoulder now and again though.

I have it also, went to a lot of heavy metal gigs in the late 80s early 90s my ears where never the same after a Judas priest gig at Leicester de Montfort

Also have it really bad at the moment for some reason, loud buzzing noise got ear infection and then left with buzzing really annoying at times

I had it for about 3 weeks, I was worried I'm gonna have it for years to come but it went on its own. I'm only 26 so just scared it'll come back. It was absolutely life destroying. I feel for you guys.

On a serious note I’ve had it for years and never knew then one night I found out I had , basically I was just dozing off and can hear a huming noise then it changes to like high pitch sonic tone or man it’s awful but anyway that one night I was looking down stairs for the noise even pressing my head/ears against the ceiling joists and plasterboard because I thought it was the WiFi sky box ribrating through the house my mrs shouts wtf you doing that’s when realised something wasn’t right
I wear the defenders because it makes it not so bad at night if I don’t then I can’t sleep so it’s become a regular thing now ,even if I mix up with the collomix drill I’ll flip them down
Tbf I’m ok with this and kinda normal

Last edited:
I have it and when it's triggered usually by power tools or stress I get hypersensitivity it's horrible I can't cope with for example a bunch of keys clanging against each other as the tones make my ears ring like hell.

I've had it for a couple of years now...I double up on the ear protection and wear the ear buds and 3M Peltor ear defenders...I even wear them using the Henry as that can set it off.

And that's on top of having you as a daughter. Poor sod.
I’ve done my best to be a real thorn in his side over the years..... even now that I’m all grown up and stuff I still traipse round there, drink his beers, use his garage for storage etc etc..... I really have made an effort to ensure my presence is felt :coffe:

I’ve done my best to be a real thorn in his side over the years..... even now that I’m all grown up and stuff I still traipse round there, drink his beers, use his garage for storage etc etc..... I really have made an effort to ensure my presence is felt :coffe:
The poor, poor man. Next time you're drinking his beer send him my condolences.
Poor, poor man.

I've had it for years probably due to walkmans and i pods,i always have something on in the background and most nights i go to sleep with a podcast on so i don't home in on the ringing.nothing will stop it as its a sound that comes from the brain and not the ear.i heard a terrible story of a bloke that had it and paid a doctor to sever his audio nerves,he was then deaf except for the ringing which didn't go so he topped himself.

I've had it for years probably due to walkmans and i pods,i always have something on in the background and most nights i go to sleep with a podcast on so i don't home in on the ringing.nothing will stop it as its a sound that comes from the brain and not the ear.i heard a terrible story of a bloke that had it and paid a doctor to sever his audio nerves,he was then deaf except for the ringing which didn't go so he topped himself.
I was told that quite a few people with it take their own lives. Very sad.