Tinnitus

Members online

Anyone suffer from this? Had mine for about 8 years. Been through the usual check ups and treatments via ENT. You learn more about it as your condition spikes. Physcology plays as big a part as physiologly . I'm very laid back which I think helps me deal with it, I never lose my temper and am very placid.

That said I'm currently in the dark zone which means my tinnitus is a lot louder than usual ( due to an ear infection). Mine is a high pitch continious ring , imagine a door bell constantly ringing. It's extremely difficult not to be irate but I'm putting a front on for family. I'm familiar with the coping mechanisms and I know hypnotherapy works wonders. None of that helps right now.

Tonight , like the past 3 nights will be grim. It will wake me constantly so will sleep on sofa. I know this will pass in a week hopefully less then it will reduce to a manageable level. Would not wish it on anyone.

Oli, just asked the wife who has worked in ENT .
Joan says low background music can help. there is a hearing aid available that will deaden the sound.

Oli, just asked the wife who has worked in ENT .
Joan says low background music can help. there is a hearing aid available that will deaden the sound.

Thank you Malc, first thing I do when I walk in is put some background music on, it does help. If things don't improve by end of the week I'll be taking measures. Thank Joan for me (y)

I’ve also cut the drinking right down, once every two/three weeks. Also out running every night, not massive distances, just 3/4 miles but it all adds up. The improvement to my mood is amazing, it makes you feel invincible and I’m starting to crave that feeling like a Junkie wanting his smack lol weight starting to drop and clothes fitting better all helps as well.

I’ve also cut the drinking right down, once every two/three weeks. Also out running every night, not massive distances, just 3/4 miles but it all adds up. The improvement to my mood is amazing, it makes you feel invincible and I’m starting to crave that feeling like a Junkie wanting his smack lol weight starting to drop and clothes fitting better all helps as well.
Endorphins.......more addictive than ....well loads of things, but if you can do more excersise and take in less refined sugar, your body will last longer.

Ps, I ran 3 miles a night for a fortnight...........ended up too from home to walk back....lol

good man :D

I am enjoying plastering for the same reasons :D Been far too long where I am just sat on my arse in the office :D

Ive had partial deafness for 23 years ...happily married for 22 years...
I've stumbled on the secret of a happy marriage :)

Struggled the past few days with it, been a right moody sod which isn't me at all. Hopefully only another few days and it'll settle down

How's your tinnitus @essexandy @ChrispyUK @church ? And any other sufferers.

Mine is the worse it's been for years. Going to try a short course of betahistine to see if that helps.
Also going to take @malc advice .
I've seen ent consultant with little positive response.
Strange how it's usually this time of year it flares up . Been off the drink for a while but can't see how that can be a contributing factor other than maybe it helps :birra:

Loud as hell right now :hueco:

Mine is the worse it's been for years. Going to try a short course of betahistine to see if that helps.
Strange how it's usually this time of year it flares up . Been off the drink for a while but can't see how that can be a contributing factor other than maybe it helps :birra:

As is so often the case I forget about it buzzing away in the background until some w**k*r mentions it. Now is ringing away like crazy. Thanks. Thank you very f**k**g much.

As is so often the case I forget about it buzzing away in the background until some w**k*r mentions it. Now is ringing away like crazy. Thanks. Thank you very f**k**g much.
Yup that's one of the problems with it, it's louder the more aware of it :rayos:

It’s not too bad at the mo @Olican, sorry to hear yours has flared up again. Lots of things can trigger it and is a lottery, but as Andy said, always have your ear defenders to hand. Few seconds with a grinder or sds and mine are buzzing away if I don’t wear them. It used to keep me up for hours when it first came on (about 20 yrs ago) as I was hyper conscious about it, but I’ve somehow convinced myself it’s not really there so it’s just become a normal benchmark so to speak.
Ive never used one but a pillow speaker (or headphones) might help at night with some music or YouTube podcast, anything to just get over the fizz when it’s really quiet and you’re too alone with your thoughts.

I got it last year. It's f**k**g horrible. Both my ears bunged up at same time. Probably because I spent a few weeks outside. Or maybe that was a coincidence.

All I could hear was auld f**k**g whistling.

Went away on its own thank f**k.

Same here, @Vincey recommended a pair. I use them often as I can
get it checked out soon as you can oli, .......mate had it put up with it,and put up with it, finally went to doctors and he was diagnosed with something called menoieres disease, ...google it and read up ,....this is very serious,....he is no longer working,..dizzy spells ringing etc, had an mri scan now got a tumor growing oh so slowly inside, another mri scan this friday, and quite a serious operation next month,.......get it checked soon as possible, sincere best wishes

I got it last year. It's f**k**g horrible. Both my ears bunged up at same time. Probably because I spent a few weeks outside. Or maybe that was a coincidence.

All I could hear was auld f**k**g whistling.

Went away on its own thank f**k.

its f**k**g horrible mate. I’ve learnt to live with it, but have got a roll off some of the mid range frequencies In my left ear which doesn’t help at times with having a conversation.
It’s only really a problem if I’m really stressed or tired and I’m in a perfectly quiet space because it’s then that you realise that there is no such thing anymore and you just have to get on with it. It’s amazing how many people don’t use ear defenders. Might have goggles and dust mask but I usually have a word. Not to be a knob about it, but when it comes on and doesn’t go away, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

get it checked out soon as you can oli, .......mate had it put up with it,and put up with it, finally went to doctors and he was diagnosed with something called menoieres disease, ...google it and read up ,....this is very serious,....he is no longer working,..dizzy spells ringing etc, had an mri scan now got a tumor growing oh so slowly inside, another mri scan this friday, and quite a serious operation next month,.......get it checked soon as possible, sincere best wishes
You're f**k**g relentless mate.

its f**k**g horrible mate. I’ve learnt to live with it, but have got a roll off some of the mid range frequencies In my left ear which doesn’t help at times with having a conversation.
It’s only really a problem if I’m really stressed or tired and I’m in a perfectly quiet space because it’s then that you realise that there is no such thing anymore and you just have to get on with it. It’s amazing how many people don’t use ear defenders. Might have goggles and dust mask but I usually have a word. Not to be a knob about it, but when it comes on and doesn’t go away, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
get to docs chrispy