Time to call it a day

Members online

carys

Ok lads I think it time to call it a day . I have been working for my self for the last 15 20 years .i haven't done much sub contracting . U try your best whith some customers and they give u no respect the only thing on some custoers is get a good job at cheap price and after the job finished they go looking for minor fault .before anybody tells me u should not get minour fault don't bluff your self we are only human . As I say u get fault whith a new car.

Ok lads I think it time to call it a day . I have been working for my self for the last 15 20 years .i haven't done much sub contracting . U try your best whith some customers and they give u no respect the only thing on some custoers is get a good job at cheap price and after the job finished they go looking for minor fault .before anybody tells me u should not get minour fault don't bluff your self we are only human . As I say u get fault whith a new car.

You had a sh*t day?

on a private customers job it has to be correct, it is the only thing they have got to look at.
we are never cheap, you can not produce a quality job if you are fighting time or price. you need to be able to sell yourself better.
take a rest, have a think, and put your prices up!

on a private customers job it has to be correct, it is the only thing they have got to look at.
we are never cheap, you can not produce a quality job if you are fighting time or price. you need to be able to sell yourself better.
Iv done ok fo my self iv got two property and 3 garages lol I think your rhight m8 good advice thanks

Good advice

Have a nice break over Christmas then make a decision.

I've had a run of good customers but the ones at the moment don't understand the sentence " please clear everything out of the room!!"

Ready for the weekend now that's for sure!

Your always going to get them mate plastering is a skill learned over a lot of time and effort they can't appreciate it cos they've never had to learn it just finish it get out and get to the next one for everyone that wants something for nothing there's another one that is fascinated and appreciates the fact that your turning a bag of powder into a place he's gonna relax in for the rest of his life .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wrong people are leaving this industry... have some time off and then see what the new year brings

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This job sends us round the bend , most people deal with are absolute crack pots ..: no wonder we mad.
Hard to pick out the good jobs but that's the key to happiness imo, 5 star Caribbean will cheer you up, stuff um!

A couple months ago I had a call from an idiot wanted plastering done and also fix there flat pack furniture up for them the husband obviously thought is was beneath him to do it or was just useless !. Here's the texts I got should cheer u up

Image1478847678.491546.jpg

af30d443bfda267504392ffe4313c54c.png

I've had a few nutters in the past - one bloke I did a job for told me his grandad lived at his house and just to ignore him - happily getting on with the job, he passed me and said "bloody white b*****d", then throughout the day he kept repeating it - hilarious it was. He was the Asian equivalent of Alf Garnett!

Reactions: Mag
You've got a trade, a skill mate don't let these dickheads drag u down to there level. Take a couple days off then get back on the trowel and rip the backbone out of that bad boy again!

If we was all a bit more clever at school and reached our full potential none of us would be plasterers,plastering picks u not other way round but being honest it's gave me a living and earnt a fair few quid from it rough with smooth although these days everyone a plasterer which makes it harder 10 year ago I was greeted with a smile and got a thanks these days it's far and few between