Time to call it a day

Staff online

Members online

If we was all a bit more clever at school and reached our full potential none of us would be plasterers,plastering picks u not other way round but being honest it's gave me a living and earnt a fair few quid from it rough with smooth although these days everyone a plasterer which makes it harder 10 year ago I was greeted with a smile and got a thanks these days it's far and few between
Trade going the same way as painting & decorating.
Or at least that's how it feels sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All trades feel the same. Having a trade is not a good thing anymore it's a thing of the past.

i do think plastering will become a thing of the past. there will just be machine minders using self finishing plasters as there are in northern Europe.

Malc have u seen the state of plasterings jobs in Europe? There are horrendous..plastering will be here until time stops

i do think plastering will become a thing of the past. there will just be machine minders using self finishing plasters as there are in northern Europe.
I don't think it will m8 whith big jobs u mite be rhight but small jobs I don't think so .And there's going to be plenty of them about for years to come

Malc have u seen the state of plasterings jobs in Europe? There are horrendous..plastering will be here until time stops

i have worked in Europe several times.
they are very fussy about reveals and heads. the straight walls you cannot go wrong as all the blocks are dovetailed together therefore dead straight. plasterboard is a thing of the past, party walls are built from plaster block ,solid blocks of gypsum plaster again dovetailed and dead straight. ceilings are concrete slabs.
you are paid in hours, about 50 hours to bead, dub out reveals, pipe, electric chases , and joints in ceiling slabs then skim in self finishing plaster. a 4 bed house.

I don't think it will m8 whith big jobs u mite be rhight but small jobs I don't think so .And there's going to be plenty of them about for years to come

with our housing stock there will always be small works.

Reactions: Pug
So... the @theclemo syndrome appears to have made its way to the south coast... I'm still in bed, should be at work.
Only got it mildly though, as I haven't told anyone to f**k off... yet....

Well I'm sat outside in me van waiting to be let in its miserable and I'm half debating going to grab a Costa and go home so very close to doing a clemo right now

Well I'm sat outside in me van waiting to be let in its miserable and I'm half debating going to grab a Costa and go home so very close to doing a clemo right now
Unlike me on the "costa" in the sunshine having just got a cafe con leche about to slowly start my week:coffe:
IMG_4620.JPG

I am actually up and out of bed... even fitted a new battery to janes car :D
Hmm, I need to look at the heater in my van. Blower not working. Might do that at some point... then again. Duvet is rather heavy.

I'm sat in a dark cupboard hiding away having my lunch, I'm not feeling sociable today. Too many people on site getting under my feet.

Don't blame u if I lived near the downs I'd have done the same looks nice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's easy to take it for granted tbf. But it's good. Got the best of both. Being on the coast too..

I went to the beach in the end had a look and now sat back in the office ready to do the graveyard shift