Thistle Pro Pure

Members online

The only person I have seen complain about prices of late is mmmmmmmmmmmmm oh yes vincey lol

Adhesive doesn’t give a finished look, finish plaster does of which we only really need 1 and a good 1 at that.
So for the ultimate bag of finish what would you pay ?? From what ive heard this is the nicest stuff out there at the minute not tried myself but would like too.

Tilers pay 20 quid for a bag of decent adhesive no complaints because they like using it theres alot more options for them with brands but they never moan about price yet alls i hear is moaners about paying £9 a bag. Who the customer actually pays for anyway.

All the whinging about multi vince comes on tells everyone its better and gets slated you cant win ... plasteres are a gang of moaning bastardd full stop.
Yeah but...why not charge the customer £9 a bag and still use multi? (y)

Is the gear producing a better finish,, ,,
Than board finish.
Just left contemplating the gear I think what it is I like is it seems to be a lot less fatty than multi , when it’s mixed up it looks like multi but trowels up more like board does , I might be wrong here but what I mean is when you trowel it it kind of is there already and at the end you ain’t looking thinking what the hells going on if you know what I mean, don’t get me wrong I have had some multi lately that dried out and troweled up lovely but I’m gonna attach two pictures one was multi first flatten a few weeks ago and the last picture is a wall first flatten today with pure , it’s only way I think can show difference online photo
Lol I’ll load them later the red thing keeps coming up can’t load pictures atm
Sorry zombie mate

Last edited:
Tbh mate I’ve only added 20% on materials cost on quotes

And gps I only buy uni when I know I have jobs lined up to use it mate because I have to buy pallets worth at a time , atm I have a big house full reskim and a few small domestic to do , main reason I got pure is because it’s lovely material and over 15 other plasterers that have used that I’ve seen report back saying the same about it
Storage is biggest issue but definitely can’t see this gear being stocked anytime soon tbf

Also if there’s any plasterers near me that want to try a few bags your more than welcome to have a couple to try if want to pick up from my house , tbh some totally impartial reviews would be good off members on here imo as well
Can u deliever ma mate ????

I make a profit were i can if ive got to run around picking stuff up, organising, paying fuel... but mainly time.. your running a business the end of the day.
If someone calls me that day for a job 9/10 il go after work customers like that efficiency.

would be 100% on 3 bags , and anything else i use , its just not fortunes i know but it has to be allowed for .

would be 100% on 3 bags , and anything else i use , its just not fortunes i know but it has to be allowed for .
I usually do it just over cost but go over on the amounts which usually leaves plaster, profit on the next job, domestics is different to sites or new builds. I also price for a full roll of skrim, box of screws, and a primer and always have enough for the next few jobs, but still include in every price.

Fair play , the bulk of that pallet is going on one house at start I said 20% as I thought £100 ish would do tbh , I got some dura finish to use there think approx 5 bags I not sure I could 100% on them they are £20 ish a bag but suppose could try see what happens

im sure its all good in the end , but you are selling a premium product after all , not some thing thats easily got hold of , just saying , not having a dig at all

im sure its all good in the end , but you are selling a premium product after all , not some thing thats easily got hold of , just saying , not having a dig at all
I agree if I was to offer this plaster it's only gonna interest certain jobs and customers so I would charge an extra, if I offer magnetic on a job and they go for it on one wall I will give it them at cost but if it's a one off wall the labour is set accordingly, the gear doesn't make me the money. Let's say I use a roll of tape for five jobs I'm £30 up on that one roll so adding two quid and using it on every job for free that's your mistake ;)

I agree if I was to offer this plaster it's only gonna interest certain jobs and customers so I would charge an extra, if I offer magnetic on a job and they go for it on one wall I will give it them at cost but if it's a one off wall the labour is set accordingly, the gear doesn't make me the money. Let's say I use a roll of tape for five jobs I'm £30 up on that one roll so adding two quid and using it on every job for free that's your mistake ;)
Tbf I agree too mate , originally I just wanted a pallet because the gears better, bear beef had a load ages ago and wouldn’t stop saying it’s the business, then others and I tried some and agree but like say thinking bout it money wise probably could make quite a bit of this stuff I’m thinking too now

In all fairness you want to be charging at least 15 for the bag.. youve already got the selling point from what the bag offers just my opinion. Dont go to the trouble just because its nicer gear and make nothing on it