Thistle Pro Pure

Vincey

Private Member
Got delivered yesterday £480 inc vat , not bad really to say it’s wicked material, so it’s bye bye multi finish for a while , used this before and there’s been talk of it on here few times , interestingly thought I’d remove the wrapper to test out the bags , and have to say even the paper is better, no bag rip or need to twist and pull technique, really looking forward to bashing some on, will post up pictures and if the time sets change or anything drastic over the next week

28822A70-74C2-4242-89C8-A3813A134FE7.jpeg
06EFD9BC-4DC8-4C7D-A42E-5272E261725C.jpeg
BC19F259-569C-473F-97A4-0561D4A67FD6.jpeg
CC4F2FBB-6010-4D21-8036-AEEF35ABDF5A.jpeg

£480 for 56 ? Nice stuff to use ,like carlite finish ,
Yes mate £8.57 a bag inc vat I took plunge and got pallet, atm it’s all wrapped up on side of my driveway, covered it in tarps last night , hardly any room in my garage atm , need to clear some space in there

Why bye bye multi, Surely it’s bye bye uni this is what you use isn’t it ? Or is it another lie ?

Got delivered yesterday £480 inc vat , not bad really to say it’s wicked material, so it’s bye bye multi finish for a while , used this before and there’s been talk of it on here few times , interestingly thought I’d remove the wrapper to test out the bags , and have to say even the paper is better, no bag rip or need to twist and pull technique, really looking forward to bashing some on, will post up pictures and if the time sets change or anything drastic over the next week

View attachment 22566 View attachment 22567 View attachment 22568 View attachment 22569
Don't pander to that fanny, ,,he is at the wind up,, ,he is quoted as saying he enjoys winding members up for fun.

Don't pander to that fanny, ,,he is at the wind up,, ,he is quoted as saying he enjoys winding members up for fun.

Members will be interested to know why after claiming uni to be the best plaster on the market, he isn’t using it fair question surely ?

Because when he comes back and says this gear is the best since sliced bread how can we believe him ?

Members will be interested to know why after claiming uni to be the best plaster on the market, he isn’t using it fair question surely ?

Because when he comes back and says this gear is the best since sliced bread how can we believe him ?
Says the man who didn’t like a picture he hadn’t seen

Yes mate £8.57 a bag inc vat I took plunge and got pallet, atm it’s all wrapped up on side of my driveway, covered it in tarps last night , hardly any room in my garage atm , need to clear some space in there
You do know that you shouldn't be storing materials at home? Well unless you pay business rates.

How much you charging customers per bag vince??
Tbh mate I’ve only added 20% on materials cost on quotes

And gps I only buy uni when I know I have jobs lined up to use it mate because I have to buy pallets worth at a time , atm I have a big house full reskim and a few small domestic to do , main reason I got pure is because it’s lovely material and over 15 other plasterers that have used that I’ve seen report back saying the same about it
Storage is biggest issue but definitely can’t see this gear being stocked anytime soon tbf

Also if there’s any plasterers near me that want to try a few bags your more than welcome to have a couple to try if want to pick up from my house , tbh some totally impartial reviews would be good off members on here imo as well

Last edited:

And gps I only buy uni when I know I have jobs lined up to use it mate because I have to buy pallets worth at a time , atm I have a big house full reskim and a few small domestic to do , main reason I got pure is because it’s lovely material and over 15 other plasterers that have used that I’ve seen report back saying the same about it
Storage is biggest issue but definitely can’t see this gear being stocked anytime soon tbf

Isn’t every internal skimming job a job for uni ?

Fair enough mate. Take no notice of the gordonator theres a time and place for each performance plaster we all no that.
Ive started buying bulk myself lately so much better. Nothing worse going the builders few times a week.

No mate , I’d say every job is different and needs to be accessed on its merits tbh but you could use it on every job too if you had a pallet , just read back of the bag mate

Why is the front of the bag misleading then ?

British Gypsum snake strikes again!

It's like product placement on his threads!

It's so F*****g obvious its just annoying!

You should've got that pallet for free. You do more advertising and marketing than anyone official at BG...not all good...but you do it.

Sorry but are you going to all that trouble , of buying , storing , and carry it about , to earn £2 on a bag ?

You should've got that pallet for free. You do more advertising and marketing than anyone official at BG...not all good...but you do it.
Fair enough lads I can understand a few have issues with me posting the stuff , but I try them all in search of good gear , let’s forget the unifinish Gordon there’s enough threads about that , this pure is creamy and nice , I never used the carlite finish but was told this is very similar and it’s very clean , no s**t in it , trowels up a dream , I’ll try get some pictures up as the week progresses of it dried out too , there’s definitely guys out there that would want to have a bash with this I’m sure of it

Fair enough lads I can understand a few have issues with me posting the stuff , but I try them all in search of good gear , let’s forget the unifinish Gordon there’s enough threads about that , this pure is creamy and nice , I never used the carlite finish but was told this is very similar and it’s very clean , no s**t in it , trowels up a dream , I’ll try get some pictures up as the week progresses of it dried out too , there’s definitely guys out there that would want to have a bash with this I’m sure of it

I must admit I bore myself with the uni lol, but it’s @Donzo he goads me with it

Also if there’s any plasterers near me that want to try a few bags your more than welcome to have a couple to try if want to pick up from my house , tbh some totally impartial reviews would be good off members on here imo as well
I'd try a couple. Where are you?
Mind you...I was promised some spray finish a while back....
:LOL:

Says the man who hasn't seen every English white male...but still dislikes them all.
Ooh. You upset because your bitch was picked on, when have I ever said I didn't like white,English people, it's just so bizarre ,bit like your dumb pal

If you two numpties think you picked on me last night with your pointless silly questions and swerving and avoidance, you are more silly and foolish than I thought.
As you know I'm the first person to jump on any bullying I'm sure we've been here before and I helped you out?