Sunday Work Photos.... #competition

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that's bollucks.
Some of the most successful business men and woman work 7 days weeks, it's got nothing to do with running it badly and everything to do with becoming successful.
I work 6 -7 day weeks.
Why?
Because I'm 27 and Im going to work as clever as I can while I can to make for a better life when I have kids in the future and so I can enjoy the finer things in life and because I don't want to settle for average like your average person.
I also do it because I enjoy it, because I'm only 27 and I'm building my reputation so that I can hopefully employ people to do it for me in the future.

That's from another perspective.

Outside the construction industry are people like footballers and other sports people unsuccessful then?
Ronaldo messi and co are s**t at what they do having to do there job on a Sunday!
Even worse they do evening work on a Monday,tues and wed on the odd occasion!

Really it's nothing to do with what you say it is and personally I think it's an insult to all the people who work hard on any day of the week to get somewhere or be successful at what they do.

I'm sure at some point you worked Sunday's even once you deemed yourself 'sucessfull'

Have a read through the posts again and you'll see why you're talking out of your arse. Then have a read through the examples you've quoted and you'll see that again, you're talking out of your arse.

Why? Well for a start the sports people that you mention work in the leisure industry, because the spectators leisure time activity is paying to watch them. So going back to the reading the posts bit .......

Also under the 'read the post' banner you'd see that I have worked Sundays/7 days in the past. You'd also see that I stopped doing so and am actually far better of financially and otherwise. You say that "I'm going to work as clever as I can" yet when an opportunity is presented to show a way of doing just that what is your reaction? Pull your head in and declare you know best? Yeah, real smart. :aburrido:

There's good points on this post but really it doesn't matter if you work 7 days or if you work 5 days you can work 7 days a week and not be successful you also work 5 days a week and not be successful and obviously that can be the other way around

Everybody works differently

I do apologise, a harsh opinion on the plasterer's forum, whatever next?! :D

I'm not having a pop at those that are or do work on Sundays, just pointing out that in my opinion it's unnecessary. I used to do it, then I realised that if I changed my approach to a few things I could stop doing it and be no worse off.

It doesn't hurt to have a hard look at how we do things from time to time. Not sure who said it, but a useful quote to bear in mind for running a business (and life in general) is "If you change nothing, nothing changes".

Amongst all the p1ss taking and general silliness a forum like this can frequently throw up some good ideas that can make a difference to anyone willing to try them. If you do and it doesn't work out then you've proved that your way is best for you, rather than just assuming it is.
You made a sweeping statement, no one wants to work weekends I'm sure , but as u know once you have a self employed mentality it's hard to say no and you know the job has to be completed even if that means Saturday/ Sunday's to 6/8/10pm, I like u are in a fortunate position that we don't have too anymore but ther were times and not that long ago when I was hardly ever at home cos of the hours I was doing, and that had nothing to do with the way I ran my business , it's cod of those long hours then that I and no doubt you did we can sit back now, just what @Jgreenplastering was saying or was getting at,

Last edited:
You made a sweeping statement, no one wants to work weekends I'm sure , but as u know once you have a self employed mentality it's hard to say no and you know the job has to be completed even if that means Saturday/ Sunday's to 6/8/10pm, I like u are in a fortunate position that we don't have too anymore but ther were times and not that long ago when I was hardly ever at home cos of the hours I was doing, and that had nothing to do with the way I ran my business , it's cod of those long hours then that I can sit back now just what @Jgreenplastering was saying

The point is though, you don't have to do the 7 days to get into that position. People (me included) do/did it because we couldn't see (or didn't want to accept) that there are better alternatives. We are all guilty at some point of thinking that if we work a lot more we earn a lot more. It isn't true, if you work a lot more you earn a bit more.

It's the difference between being good at your job and a grafter, and running a successful business. It's not just my opinion, have a look at any successful business to see what it does and how it's run. Working loads of hours has a limit because there are only so many days in the week. So in simple money terms, earning £200 x 7 days = £1,400 but earning £500 x 3 days = £1,500 plus four days for you. Even if you spend another day or two out of those four working on increasing the day rate or marketing the business, or targeting specific customers you are still £100 and two days better off.

Have a read through the posts again and you'll see why you're talking out of your arse. Then have a read through the examples you've quoted and you'll see that again, you're talking out of your arse.

Why? Well for a start the sports people that you mention work in the leisure industry, because the spectators leisure time activity is paying to watch them. So going back to the reading the posts bit .......

Also under the 'read the post' banner you'd see that I have worked Sundays/7 days in the past. You'd also see that I stopped doing so and am actually far better of financially and otherwise. You say that "I'm going to work as clever as I can" yet when an opportunity is presented to show a way of doing just that what is your reaction? Pull your head in and declare you know best? Yeah, real smart. :aburrido:

Fair enough with the leisure industry bits I mis understood the leisure part so I'll hold my hands up.

On ' reading the posts bits' You've not mentioned anything about my comment regarding the masses of people who are multi-millionaires and most likely billionaires with successful businesses and no doubt work 7day weeks?

They are more successful than you and me will ever be, they would probably laugh in your face with your if you made your original comment to them don't you think?

Where is this opportunity you speak of?
If your offering me one I'm more than happy to listen to your advice?
I would love guidance from someone with knowledge and experience who could offer me a way of being better off financially and otherwise.
I always look to my peers for advice and I'll happily take constructive criticism of how I can do things better but I don't appreciate someone saying I'm making a mistake because I work Sunday's.
I choose to rather am forced to.

It's nothing wrong with working on a weekend sometime you have to do it to catch up with the workflow. Personally I like working weekends picking up the pieces after others sorting things out for Monday morning so everyone can have an easy week and sometimes its a good arrangement with the owners to catch up on the progress or extras and snags.
Other than that weekends definitely for family.

01625fbcfa1d270c02afa75a3bb30be8.jpg
8799e6aff0d83da0eec63f7e923fce64.jpg
fd86fc06637f72d56763f99d3e427723.jpg
3095f0dd9da95887b91a38a46b23b0c8.jpg

I skipped today, meant to work but had a day with my little one.
Tomorrow sorting out other people's sh!te, not looking forward to it.

I pretty much took 2014 off work to do our renovation project so have had to work far too much to catch up... I live on 7 hours a sleep and 90% of the rest of the time I am sat at my desk... I am catching up :D when i do catch up it will be all good :D

Just my opinion obviously, but if you're working on a Sunday you've made a mistake with running your business. Either your timings were wrong, your rates are too low, you've taken on too much work, or a combination of those. :descansando:
Or a greedy c**t lol

Fair enough with the leisure industry bits I mis understood the leisure part so I'll hold my hands up.

On ' reading the posts bits' You've not mentioned anything about my comment regarding the masses of people who are multi-millionaires and most likely billionaires with successful businesses and no doubt work 7day weeks?

They are more successful than you and me will ever be, they would probably laugh in your face with your if you made your original comment to them don't you think?

Where is this opportunity you speak of?
If your offering me one I'm more than happy to listen to your advice?
I would love guidance from someone with knowledge and experience who could offer me a way of being better off financially and otherwise.
I always look to my peers for advice and I'll happily take constructive criticism of how I can do things better but I don't appreciate someone saying I'm making a mistake because I work Sunday's.
I choose to rather am forced to.

Most of the mistakes I've made have been ones I've chosen. :whistle:

OK, to answer your point about the millionaires and billionaires. How many are tradesmen? How many are in the building game? How many worked long hours on the tools in physically demanding jobs? If you were thinking of an internet business sat down in a nice warm office plotting world domination (like @Danny ) then seven days a week is a different proposition.

Anyway, I've tried to learn from other people's mistakes as much as possible. This to me is one of those scenarios where I looked at what other more successful people in the industry were doing that I wasn't, and vice versa. One of them was the amount of time spent working. Everyone likes to take the Micky out of builders wandering in and out whilst making loads. It's not always true, but the principle is there.

So if you cut your days/hours you have to earn more which means changes to your business and the way you operate. That poster in another thread got jumped all over when he said he was working for £70:00 a day. Just because the majority are doing £150:00 £200:00 £250:00 or whatever a day doesn't mean that's as far as it can go.

Successful companies in the building game operate in one of two basic ways, which are also the same two basic principles for selling anything. Stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap. Or sell a premium (or the perception that it is) product for a lot of money in fewer numbers. The first approach means a huge investment with small returns per unit. The second requires a different approach, much smaller investment, and an ability to deal with customers who have a lot of money. I take the second approach BTW.

The point is though, you don't have to do the 7 days to get into that position. People (me included) do/did it because we couldn't see (or didn't want to accept) that there are better alternatives. We are all guilty at some point of thinking that if we work a lot more we earn a lot more. It isn't true, if you work a lot more you earn a bit more.

It's the difference between being good at your job and a grafter, and running a successful business. It's not just my opinion, have a look at any successful business to see what it does and how it's run. Working loads of hours has a limit because there are only so many days in the week. So in simple money terms, earning £200 x 7 days = £1,400 but earning £500 x 3 days = £1,500 plus four days for you. Even if you spend another day or two out of those four working on increasing the day rate or marketing the business, or targeting specific customers you are still £100 and two days better off.
Who on here earns 500 a day regularly, sounds good on a forum but in reality it's nonsense. It takes years to build up a client base who trust u and will accept a heavy price , until then it's working 7 days if need be to build up that reputation,

Last edited:
Most of the mistakes I've made have been ones I've chosen. :whistle:

OK, to answer your point about the millionaires and billionaires. How many are tradesmen? How many are in the building game? How many worked long hours on the tools in physically demanding jobs? If you were thinking of an internet business sat down in a nice warm office plotting world domination (like @Danny ) then seven days a week is a different proposition.

Anyway, I've tried to learn from other people's mistakes as much as possible. This to me is one of those scenarios where I looked at what other more successful people in the industry were doing that I wasn't, and vice versa. One of them was the amount of time spent working. Everyone likes to take the Micky out of builders wandering in and out whilst making loads. It's not always true, but the principle is there.

So if you cut your days/hours you have to earn more which means changes to your business and the way you operate. That poster in another thread got jumped all over when he said he was working for £70:00 a day. Just because the majority are doing £150:00 £200:00 £250:00 or whatever a day doesn't mean that's as far as it can go.

Successful companies in the building game operate in one of two basic ways, which are also the same two basic principles for selling anything. Stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap. Or sell a premium (or the perception that it is) product for a lot of money in fewer numbers. The first approach means a huge investment with small returns per unit. The second requires a different approach, much smaller investment, and an ability to deal with customers who have a lot of money. I take the second approach BTW.
Like a traveller selling a few meters of Tarmac?

Who on here earns 500 a day regularly, sounds good on a forum but in reality it's nonsense. It takes years to build up a client base who trust u and will accept a heavy price , until then it's working 7 days if need be to build up that reputation,
I thought all you Londoners earn 500 per day

Who on here earns 500 a day regularly, sounds good on a forum but in reality it's nonsense

For skimming Mrs Jones' living room, yes. To provide a premium plastering service to Mrs Ponceonby-Smythe it'd be perfectly reasonable.

A decent quality turkey from tesco is @£20:00 for a 5.5 kg bird. A premium bronze turkey from Waitrose is £65:00. It's still turkey, and no doubt tastes the same when slathered in gravy etc. but that's not why people buy the £65:00 bird. They are buying their own perception of something better.

Remember when the Jaguar 'S' type was being sold for £20k more than the mondeo? Same car, different body that cost the same to make.

For skimming Mrs Jones' living room, yes. To provide a premium plastering service to Mrs Ponceonby-Smythe it'd be perfectly reasonable.

A decent quality turkey from tesco is @£20:00 for a 5.5 kg bird. A premium bronze turkey from Waitrose is £65:00. It's still turkey, and no doubt tastes the same when slathered in gravy etc. but that's not why people buy the £65:00 bird. They are buying their own perception of something better.

Remember when the Jaguar 'S' type was being sold for £20k more than the mondeo? Same car, different body that cost the same to make.
Ur preaching to the converted mate, fortunately most of my clients are who your talking about , but I'm 50 now , mr ponceoby isn't gonna want a 25 year old in his house charging 500 a day ( he might well be worth it btw) but he looks too young where as me and you we look like we've been around a few years and he's going to trust us ,there's always exceptions to the rule , but it takes years to get that trust , but it's not until you reach our age that u realise this , so going back to your first post I thought it was a bit harsh ( yea even on a rough tough plastering forum )

Nearly 5pm,Nipped round to another job now, mixing up for me last Sunday set..i want that mug,come on £££ in the bank for me Xmas break.Don't care if it kills me if I get this done I be on my way to £500 for the day.
WP_20151119_10_29_07_Pro.jpg

Would be
Good to see to see pictures when that is finish,is it someone's house or commercial unit?
private house. hard work this one. he builder f**k*d it rightup. used cavity steels over all windowsand doors meaning lintels stick out 100mm hence the band
so all lintels packed with timber.
and they sll different heights and depths.... headache

private house. hard work this one. he builder f**k*d it rightup. used cavity steels over all windowsand doors meaning lintels stick out 100mm hence the band
so all lintels packed with timber.
and they sll different heights and depths.... headache
Looks good....stop posting pictures now though I want that mug.

Ur preaching to the converted mate, fortunately most of my clients are who your talking about , but I'm 50 now , mr ponceoby isn't gonna want a 25 year old in his house charging 500 a day ( he might well be worth it btw) but he looks too young where as me and you we look like we've been around a few years and he's going to trust us ,there's always exceptions to the rule , but it takes years to get that trust , but it's not until you reach our age that u realise this , so going back to your first post I thought it was a bit harsh ( yea even on a rough tough plastering forum )

You maybe right, but it also maybe that at 25 we hadn't developed the skills needed to sell ourselves and the business? I feel that now I can talk my company up without sounding like a cocky tw4t. Plenty of young people sell expensive goods and services to the well off. Sure not everyone can do it, but it is possible.

Strange when you think how long it takes to train at a trade, yet no time is spent on business or sales training. That has to be learnt by trial and error, picking things up as you go along, stuff you read and see etc. If you had the personal skills at 25 that you have at 50, then maybe the age thing would be less of an issue?

The same goes for presentation. New tidy van, proper work trousers, tidy polo shirt, headed stationary, properly worded terms and conditions etc. It's a list of some of the things I do now, it's also a list of some things I wasn't doing at 25.

I'm not saying it's of interest, or possible for everyone. I am saying that working 7 days a week doesn't work from a business or personal perspective. The reason we all work is to earn money, the same goes for running a business. I stand by my earlier opinion. If you're working on a Sunday something has gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.