Some prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK John, I'll try to qualify why I said that.

What I meant was that as this is an open forum anyone - including potential customers - can read it.
Therefore if Jo Bloggs has a quick read and come across a post where some idiot has stupidly said that they work for £60 a day then that post set's the benchmark in Jo Bloggs' mind and anyone charging more than that is a robber in their opinion. We know differently and most spreads are in the same area price-wise anyhow, with regards to their lowest day rate that is :RpS_thumbup:

I never expected anyone to give prices on an open forum. That figure wasn't for sticking and skimming tony

popcorn.gif

Absolute quality Flynn.

Been here 5 years since I was 20 years old, and never asked about prices and probably never will.

Spunky you have been owned, it's about time you c**t.

I can't see the problem with letting each other know prices. I would rather everyone was charging sensible prices rather then going in to low as they have a lack of experiance in pricing larger jobs.

It would help make sure everyone was getting a fair days wage.

£12 up to 2.7 extra for higher which then depends on access.

I can't see the problem with letting each other know prices. I would rather everyone was charging sensible prices rather then going in to low as they have a lack of experiance in pricing larger jobs.

It would help make sure everyone was getting a fair days wage.

£12 up to 2.7 extra for higher which then depends on access.

Would you email all the plasterers round your neck of the woods your rates?
We would all like everyone to charge sensible prices but someone will always undercut it then get someone else to do it for less, if your happy for everyone in your area to know your rates fair enough, get on the blower and ring them up but dont be coming on here crying when your working on jobs you priced for, for a lot less than you priced, for the bloke you gave your rates to.

Perhaps Danny can set a filter that allows anything about pricing not to be posted or shifted to a specific section.

So you do have a rate tut tut there you go give the lads £4.25m they will be happy and you will make a bit for yourself, if your lads get too greedy i will pop down for £4.40 and your still makin a bit for yourself, problem solved.

If they wanna undercut then so be it. I not going to lower our rates less then that anyway as it makes the job not viable. You need to make a certain amount otherwise it's pointless continuing to run a business.

i price jobs at a rate think im worth.i dont purposely undercut people.and i wont work for peanuts.and for about the 3rd time i asked people to pm me.if someone wasnt happy with that they neednot bother.the rates i charge arent cheap because fortunately i have a good reputation and doubt id undercut anyone.i think this is my first time asking prices f

i price jobs at a rate think im worth.i dont purposely undercut people.and i wont work for peanuts.and for about the 3rd time i asked people to pm me.if someone wasnt happy with that they neednot bother.the rates i charge arent cheap because fortunately i have a good reputation and doubt id undercut anyone.i think this is my first time asking prices f

And last LOL

We also dont discuss how much wood could a wood chucker chuck coz everyones different and we wouldnt want to bring the rates down ;)
Also depends on the wood as some timber is heavier than others - lignum vitea vs balsa for eg :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.