Some prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean all of your prices. Then we can use them as a forum standard.
If others divulged then maybe we could get a forum standard and people could stop expecting stupidly cheap prices.

Maybe alarm bells would ring if they got quotes vastly under that rate.

We also dont discuss how much wood could a wood chucker chuck coz everyones different and we wouldnt want to bring the rates down ;)

can we discuss oil prices then??
cos, how much oil can a gumboil boil, if a gumboil could boil oil..............:RpS_confused:

I hate metre rates, used to charge £Blank to skim only £Blank to supply skim, beads and scrim.Then along came those desperate to work for under £2 a meter and drive over a hundred miles round trip, I just do bulk prices now or labour only day rates ,funny people in our industry. If plasterers are happy to wreck their bodies competing against more desperado's I wish them luck but they would in all honesty be better off labouring. I avoid large new build sites, too competitive, people working 12 hrs and sleeping and eating on site, third world stuff in my opinion, there are those among you who will say those are the rates ,I say monkey see, monkey do

I remember years ago we used to charge for on site qoutes and bring a blank invoice with me for my troubles and traveling ect. I know we secretly charge for this in our price but its not the point. Now its more or less free estimates all round used as advertiseing for a job and everybodys competeing against each other. Have u been given a price off anybody else love? Then they reply yes ive had 4 lol wow, either a cheap skate, rated people.com or plasterers are loseing the gift off the gab. I go to every job i price confident in converting it in to work ie 9/10 jobs...

I remember years ago we used to charge for on site qoutes and bring a blank invoice with me for my troubles and traveling ect. I know we secretly charge for this in our price but its not the point. Now its more or less free estimates all round used as advertiseing for a job and everybodys competeing against each other. Have u been given a price off anybody else love? Then they reply yes ive had 4 lol wow, either a cheap skate, rated people.com or plasterers are loseing the gift off the gab. I go to every job i price confident in converting it in to work ie 9/10 jobs...
For privates its often about the customer liking you enough to have you in the house, no trust in you or your abilities no job, some overplay the chat though and customers are so scared of been done..

Funny enough, same here. I get 90% of the jobs I price, but as one of you mentioned, I never price jobs for the Ethnics- I'm not saying there's anything wrong with looking at jobs for the English mind :flapper:

Funny enough, same here. I get 90% of the jobs I price, but as one of you mentioned, I never price jobs for the Ethnics- I'm not saying there's anything wrong with looking at jobs for the English mind :flapper:
I work for all apart from two continents, bad experiences, but anyone can do you, the Irish are notorious for not or under paying, not the established but the fly by night subby types, I think it started in ireland with the recession ,job is under priced, then the trades and material suppliers are knocked, I have worked for every type and walked away from every type too. The honest man comes in all shapes and forms . Ps I am Irish but keep it a secret he he..

I work for all apart from two continents, bad experiences, but anyone can do you, the Irish are notorious for not or under paying, not the established but the fly by night subby types, I think it started in ireland with the recession ,job is under priced, then the trades and material suppliers are knocked, I have worked for every type and walked away from every type too. The honest man comes in all shapes and forms . Ps I am Irish but keep it a secret he he..

agree entirely bout fly by night paddy firms setting up overnight. However if you mention ***** or Nigeria people the thread gets closed. Hope you see it before OUR mod does Pmsl

As u all know there are sooo many diff types of (ethnics) about nowa days and all that politcal correct nonsense and trying not to single any1out bull s**t, me being half of a particular ethnic heritage (jamaican), half white, half irish but born and bred 100% english lol... anyway, i was the same. Am not working for them, tight arse always knocking the price down, whole familys sat watching u, talking in a forein language while your there. Highly anoying and disrespectful of them, but not everyone is the same lads, not every1 wraps cling film round there tv remote. I got in with a small minority of (ethnics) off a phone call on the internet and i tell u what,its surpriseing how many brothers, uncles, sisters, cousins, and wives they have ringing me for work and i only get the phone call and payment off the same fella. Suits me fine just dealing with him and i must admit the currys not bad either :RpS_laugh:. ........(Had some real bad experiances tho in the past)

As u all know there are sooo many diff types of (ethnics) about nowa days and all that politcal correct nonsense and trying not to single any1out bull s**t, me being half of a particular ethnic heritage (jamaican), half white, half irish but born and bred 100% english lol... anyway, i was the same. Am not working for them, tight arse always knocking the price down, whole familys sat watching u, talking in a forein language while your there. Highly anoying and disrespectful of them, but not everyone is the same lads, not every1 wraps cling film round there tv remote. I got in with a small minority of (ethnics) off a phone call on the internet and i tell u what,its surpriseing how many brothers, uncles, sisters, cousins, and wives they have ringing me for work and i only get the phone call and payment off the same fella. Suits me fine just dealing with him and i must admit the currys not bad either :RpS_laugh:. ........(Had some real bad experiances tho in the past)
I spent yrs working with west indians in london, they are like the irish in lots of ways..

Ive never had a problem with irish customers. Never not been paid off anyone although obviously had people of the Asian persuasion trying to knock me down which they never do

Call me a medium if you want but Twitchers gonna love you :RpS_sneaky:

If we have a closed forum for proven tradesmen then we could all try and balance our prices , without dropping them !! then it may spread and hold prices instead of them dropping as this recession bit's harder ,..... we could all talk freely without fear of chancres /DIY's /weekend warriors and all them ....getting to much info and using it against US the plasterers .......

If we have a closed forum for proven tradesmen then we could all try and balance our prices , without dropping them !! then it may spread and hold prices instead of them dropping as this recession bit's harder ,..... we could all talk freely without fear of chancres /DIY's /weekend warriors and all them ....getting to much info and using it against US the plasterers .......

theres already one in place, the private members bit.

Some prices

lol!!!!!!!

I've just been looking at a mf and dry lining thread and there's loads of talk about prices. If I ask a similar question am I gonna get the same grief as this thread mods

Status
Not open for further replies.