Some prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah you can't hold a conversation on here so you just stick you're nose in where you feel you've got something important to say, no disrespect Danny's not a plasterer so he shouldn't be misguided by the like of snakey little f**k**s like you
prices are part of the job and will be discussed I'm sure it won't cripple the one man band you run, if lads choose to disclose them they will

So what's your point! Are you saying I'm an agency trying to get prices? Or a client?haven't forgot what I charge but what I don't want to do is take a job on at a rate I'm happy with but then can't get anyone to help me because it's too cheap.and as being as this is a plasterers forum I thought this was a place to ask.and it seems funny that one of the only sensible replies came from spunky someone you so eloquently called the forum idiot

Who knows who you are John you might be all of the above thats the reason we dont discuss prices, dont take it personally its a rule. Price the job what you would be well happy with, im sure you know if youve been in the game so long. It is a plasterers forum but there are rules and your right the only reply did come from the forum idiot and you only think its sensible coz it sounds like the answer you were looking for.

Funny thing is I agree that I don't think prices should be spoken about on a forum that's why I said pm me. Didnt know how to ask what I thought was a simple question

Blah blah blah you can't hold a conversation on here so you just stick you're nose in where you feel you've got something important to say, no disrespect Danny's not a plasterer so he shouldn't be misguided by the like of snakey little f**k**s like you
prices are part of the job and will be discussed I'm sure it won't cripple the one man band you run, if lads choose to disclose them they will

No but it will keep skimmers like you on site struggling to make it pay a lot longer to get a decent rate. Lets have it right you contribute even less than me :)

Funny thing is I agree that I don't think prices should be spoken about on a forum that's why I said pm me. Didnt know how to ask what I thought was a simple question

Well im glad you agree thats the point i was making and i wouldnt take any notice of spunky, if he had any sense and knew so much he wouldnt be on site workin for £2.20m, one coating and using the sponge to pull him out of the **** to make a £100 a day.

Flynny if you'd put it like that originally it wouldn't handbags now.you came across like you had an axe to grind

Well im glad you agree thats the point i was making and i wouldnt take any notice of spunky, if he had any sense and knew so much he wouldnt be on site workin for £2.20m, one coating and using the sponge to pull him out of the **** to make a £100 a day.
Lol that's a good rate rate for you monkeys

I only asked because I'm doing some houses for the same developer and may have to give the last few away now the bigger jobs came in , the spreads I know who don't work for a firm want more than I've allowed for myself

I only asked because I'm doing some houses for the same developer and may have to give the last few away now the bigger jobs came in , the spreads I know who don't work for a firm want more than I've allowed for myself

Wont the developer be expecting the same rate?

Job I'm on has 5 houses left 4 beds,big house is a big 3 storey ,pool etc and krend or whatever lower level. Just glad to have some work coming in.

Don't give him a rate . Priced their houses as a lump. Other job is for their client and is higher and a lot more involved than a bit of skimming. I've asked to float and set it but they want it stuck

Don't give him a rate . Priced their houses as a lump. Other job is for their client and is higher and a lot more involved than a bit of skimming. I've asked to float and set it but they want it stuck

so how did you work the rates out? Not quizzing you just curious

I used to get a certain amount a metre for the firm I was with then 8 years ago I left and did 11 new builds for same fellow and I added a few quid on top of what I was used to. Have worked for same meterage rate ever since. Measure each house of drawing then get calculator out

LOL you askin this is funny I am being helpfull by stopping people asking the rates and probably taking the job off a plasterer who knows his own rates. Your on site spunky it was only a few weeks ago you were talking about going into the domestic market so maybe you might be up against someone pricing a job. Im not the only person on the forum who doesnt want the rates discussed or am I? Im not on a power trip im using the same powers you have to discuss and chat on the forum so im not sure where your coming from, i havent used my mod status ever to get the upper hand on any member. look through my posts to see where ive been helpful, to be honest i was helpful on this post but not in the way of holding some experienced plasterers hand to help him price a job so he could give me a job.

You took NPSs rep points off him...............you rotter...................:RpS_thumbdn:

I don't need anyone to hold my hand flynnyman

LOL you only just noticed that bit so you thought you would carry it on? You know the rules so stick to them and everyone will get along just fine :) Youve got 79 posts and i bet most of them are made up of you wanting to know rates, just forget it and enjoy the forum its a nice place...........................sometimes xxx

In Johns defence, I didnt hear him ask to publicly discuss rates. whenever I meet spreads the conversation often goes on to rates and pricing

Of course we do, but that's very often a private conversation whereas this is an open forum :RpS_thumbup:

Bubbles Where could I have asked people to pm me if not on an open forum.very constructive bobby nice one.cheers gibbo

Status
Not open for further replies.