Some people.

We got a job dropped 2 weeks ago for a similar thing. 3 bedrooms 're skim and living room wanted overboard ceiling and chimney breast and a complete plaster all round and board bathroom.Little bit of patching in hall. Woman who owns it has it as one of her rentals. After accepting price she rang 2 days before start to say someone will do it for 1400 quid in materials. After speaking to plumber doing bathroom he said she wasn't arsed about what it looks like. It's a rental and as long as when painted it looks ok ish that would do. Cant work that way. Also the plumber took off all the board in bathroom and 're did it as it wasn't level or square.

He’s going to need more than 1 telly to cover up the s**t plastering

There isn’t a TV that could cover this shite up...

Customer: “I thought he was cheap but he said to get decorator to sand it before painting, can you sort it out?”

Me: ‘I can sort it out with a chisel and start again”

Customer: “I thought you might say that, I’m on a budget can you do it for a good price?”

Me: “No, the good price was the one you got last month when I came and quoted you.”

Some people.

Customer: “I thought he was cheap but he said to get decorator to sand it before painting, can you sort it out?”

Customer: “I thought you might say that, I’m on a budget can you do it for a good price?”

Me: “No, the good price was the one you got last month when I came and quoted you.”

View attachment 29024

View attachment 29024
tfuq?

What u doing up? U pissed bed?

Trying to get sense out of Donegal people. It's no mean feat, I tell thee. The guy is the most in-the-wayest customer you could ever hope to meet. Won't let go of the job, wants to be about but then doesn't turn up....thinks we can do a whole day's work in about 20 minutes because that suits his schedule. I've f**k**g told him... he says be all right, we can do it tomorrow. Told him me coming is again won't be free when we could do it today...and it'll probably rain tomorrow. The guy is a total prick. There's about 3m^2 of render to replace....it should be one day for one man with a hoist...about £450...the job will be more like £1500 by the time he's finished.

Trying to get sense out of Donegal people. It's no mean feat, I tell thee. The guy is the most in-the-wayest customer you could ever hope to meet. Won't let go of the job, wants to be about but then doesn't turn up....thinks we can do a whole day's work in about 20 minutes because that suits his schedule. I've f**k**g told him... he says be all right, we can do it tomorrow. Told him me coming is again won't be free when we could do it today...and it'll probably rain tomorrow. The guy is a total prick. There's about 3m^2 of render to replace....it should be one day for one man with a hoist...about £450...the job will be more like £1500 by the time he's finished.
You’ll get it hard to make anything up there.Down my way we have groups of Donegal lads who will undercut just to get the job and then work late.

You’ll get it hard to make anything up there.Down my way we have groups of Donegal lads who will undercut just to get the job and then work late.
I've said before....worst mistake I ever made coming here....lazy crooked f**k**s everywhere. Somehow, the fella who's managing one of the flats has ended up with the job of fixing this poxy crack....so far today, he's done everything BUT tackle the crack. Got a hoist that's far too small....I gave him the list of materiels...he's brought TWO bags of premixed sand and cement and that's it...that's f**k**g IT!!!!

All sorts of useless management company people between the dog and the rabbit...one easy day is going to turn into a week of waiting for stuff, having the wrong stuff, waiting for the right stuff, talking shite, standing about looking at the crack, ringing people to talk about the crack, standing about more, trying to decide what to do about the f**k**g crack, deciding that essential materiels aren't so essential after all because they are expensive, talking more shite about the crack....on and f**k**g on and on.

I've said before....worst mistake I ever made coming here....lazy crooked f**k**s everywhere. Somehow, the fella who's managing one of the flats has ended up with the job of fixing this poxy crack....so far today, he's done everything BUT tackle the crack. Got a hoist that's far too small....I gave him the list of materiels...he's brought TWO bags of premixed sand and cement and that's it...that's f**k**g IT!!!!

All sorts of useless management company people between the dog and the rabbit...one easy day is going to turn into a week of waiting for stuff, having the wrong stuff, waiting for the right stuff, talking shite, standing about looking at the crack, ringing people to talk about the crack, standing about more, trying to decide what to do about the f**k**g crack, deciding that essential materiels aren't so essential after all because they are expensive, talking more shite about the crack....on and f**k**g on and on.

@essexandy it's not funny....this is how things are done in Donegal. It's a major pain in the arse. Can't get f**k all done. I think it's something to do with grass....trying to get anything done faster than the grass grows marks you out as some sort of lunatic.

@essexandy it's not funny....this is how things are done in Donegal. It's a major pain in the arse. Can't get f**k all done. I think it's something to do with grass....trying to get anything done faster than the grass grows marks you out as some sort of lunatic.
It would drive me mad for sure. But then I'm not mad enough (that's saying something) to move there in the first place.

It would drive me mad for sure. But then I'm not mad enough (that's saying something) to move there in the first place.

Oh we're not finished yet...

Yesterday, we (I) kango's out the crack.

Manus, we need to stop the water that's coming out of that flat.
That's what we're doing.
No we're f**k**g not.
Aye we f**k**g are. It's coming in through that crack.
Is it f**k. That's been like that all summer. It's not rainwater.
Well, kango it off til we see.
Those flats are empty. Get the water turned off.
The water is off.
Is it f**k, I can see it pouring out the wall.
Well kango it off til we see.
What we exposed was a 2-3" gap in the blockwork that'd been bridged with an expansion joint.

We'll fill that with expanding foam.
Will we f**k. What is it that you think it's going to stick to?
The wall. The wall.
Well, you get up there and stick it to the wall but you'll end up wearing it.
Right, well I'm going to get some PVC boards to box it all in.
So you don't want to fill it?
No, it'll be all right.
So what was the f**k**g point of kangoing it off then?
Til we see.
See fuckign what? You could have just boarded over that crack. And the water still isn't off.
Well I'm going to go and kango up the floor today.

Oh, ffs.

f**k it. Walked off the job. I've NEVER had such a customer in all my life....a fuckign estate agent contracted to sort out a plastering job.

Mailed the management company and requested that they stop the job and f**k him off. Hopefully, they'll let me finish the job in peace.