Some people.

As much as I f**k**g love this situation, sometimes it’s not entirely the customers fault. The majority of them know and understand plastering is a “black art” and “cheap” and “good plasterer” don’t go together

But there is the other side where customer thinks out of the 3 quotes it’s a no brainer to go for the cheapest because the end result from all 3 will
Be the same. And then they find out this is wrong.

BUT the ones who get back in touch to tell you they’ve had a cheaper quote, this is interesting. It usually means that they preferred you but liked the pikeys price. I’ll normally not even reply or just say “good luck”
Started a job today. Overboarding the ceiling and realised they are those wanky toothpick joists so battening across them. Explained beforehand extra work extra materials and the reply I got was “of course! Extra work is extra work! Just stick whatever it is on the invoice thank you! Would you like a brew?”.

I’m moving in

Started a job today. Overboarding the ceiling and realised they are those wanky toothpick joists so battening across them. Explained beforehand extra work extra materials and the reply I got was “of course! Extra work is extra work! Just stick whatever it is on the invoice thank you! Would you like a brew?”.

I’m moving in
stick in the weathers to get colder

As much as I f**k**g love this situation, sometimes it’s not entirely the customers fault. The majority of them know and understand plastering is a “black art” and “cheap” and “good plasterer” don’t go together

But there is the other side where customer thinks out of the 3 quotes it’s a no brainer to go for the cheapest because the end result from all 3 will

BUT the ones who get back in touch to tell you they’ve had a cheaper quote, this is interesting. It usually means that they preferred you but liked the pikeys price. I’ll normally not even reply or just say “good luck”
Cheap price = cheap job = cheap arse customer

I’m moving in

What wanky toothpick joists? You mean trusses?

Remember a qoute years ago were the woman said to me that I was ripping her off cos another plasterer had done her living room for less than I was qouting for her kitchen. Well get Keith then, let him hanball all his gear up five flights, stupid c**t.

I had a call from a geezer I quoted him a kitchen and cupboard re skim, celing was butchered to death by the sparky, walls were back to brick in places and loose render in others. A good 2 days work in anyone’s book.
Anyway I did go in a bit keen on the price as I’m stacked out and he wants it doing next week so I needed a bit for the hassle or rearranging other jobs and working the weekend etc.
I get a call today and he’s asked if I made a mistake on my quote as he’s had someone else round and they priced it at £250
£250 to prep and skim a full kitchen and pantry/cupboard what the f**k goes through their minds, guarantee I’ll get a call in a couple of weeks when he’s f**k*d it up
Or it will be posted up here, asking for opinions!

Pfft you’ll never keep me quiet! And I have astigmatism not cock-eyedness..... I may be a bit of a c**t though ...

Of course I screw straight you hormone. Those wanky toothpick joists are 2cm ... that’s 20mm to you . Do I get a sticker?

They're 40mm. You cock eyed c**t.

I've got one of them! yay astigmatism buddys!
Can you do this though?! :numberone:

Some people.

Should be for that price lol but 250 miles to cheap so say inside work was short and you wanted that job would you undercut then?
no matter how short of work I am I would never go back on a quote, once they get a price that’s it.
If the job goes over or there was unforeseen circumstances then I’d obviously add extras as anyone else would
If by some act of god I’d massively over estimated and finished the job way early I would also knock some off their invoice to suit but I can probably could on one hand the amount of times this has happened

Well it's a weird story. I went for an eye test about 8 years ago was told needed small prescription and also had slight astigmatism in right eye. went for an eye test this year 20/20 vision. I never wore the glasses or anything. asigmatism there still dont really know what it is never had issues
That’s really odd. Astigmatism is where your eye is shaped more like a rugby ball than round as it ought to be. One of your prescriptions must be incorrect

That’s really odd. Astigmatism is where your eye is shaped more like a rugby ball than round as it ought to be. One of your prescriptions must be incorrect

Yeah I remember them saying about the rugby ball. No my eyesight just got better, apparently it's rare but happens. When I used the glasses on rare occasion my vision was crystal clear. now its crystal clear anyway.

You weren’t there maaaaan, you didn’t see that s**t! :reloco:

f**k off. There's no such thing as a 20mm joist. In fact, thinking about it, are trusses 50mm? It's been a very long time since I've put a truss up.

Anyway, it's 2 inches, not 20mm. You've been looking at the wrong side of the tape again.

We once had a joiner (said he was) come on site when we were doing timber frame erecting....shout down to him Giz a bit of threebe at one one six oh.....

He had no idea what we were talking about and was trying to make some sort of sense of one one six oh in inches. Expecting a four foot bit of timber and he's handing up things eleven and a random bit inches.

f**k off. There's no such thing as a 20mm joist. In fact, thinking about it, are trusses 50mm? It's been a very long time since I've put a truss up.

Anyway, it's 2 inches, not 20mm. You've been looking at the wrong side of the tape again.

We once had a joiner (said he was) come on site when we were doing timber frame erecting....shout down to him Giz a bit of threebe at one one six oh.....

He had no idea what we were talking about and was trying to make some sort of sense of one one six oh in inches. Expecting a four foot bit of timber and he's handing up things eleven and a random bit inches.

I dont think jess is wrong im sure ive had no more than 1" to screw to before on bedroom lids! So 25mm max????

Yeah I remember them saying about the rugby ball. No my eyesight just got better, apparently it's rare but happens. When I used the glasses on rare occasion my vision was crystal clear. now its crystal clear anyway.
I’ll live in hope then!

I dont think jess is wrong im sure ive had no more than 1" to screw to before on bedroom lids! So 25mm max????

I’ll take a picture tomorrow avec tape measure. They’re the smallest I’ve ever seen hence the battening

Ummmm.....I've certainly never heard of one inch joists/rafters. Definitely not in trusses, which most roofs are. I suppose there might be some sort of far out bridging system where you might be able to use small stuff but nothing structural is 20mm.

Nothing beats the customer helping out had to bond all over his beads to get them levilish then re bead it all never again top it of through a big ceiling on then bang right over the f**k**g hop up.. Sprayed me ankle

Attachments

• Some people.
    IMG-20181120-WA0001.jpeg
    798.6 KB · Views: 171