Bad plastering and plasterer refusing to fix it or even come look

He’s a bottom feeder and a tax dodger geez! He knows f**k all.

Literally admitted charging peasant money and not declaring it lol

His works definitely hang on though, so bang on he keeps telling himself he doesn't deserve more as he's a thick spread.
If you’re on £400 a day I doubt you’d spend all weekend on a forum talking about plastering. bottom feeding £160-170 a day.
Higher tax bracket is 50,000 and we’ve already established I’m on around 40k.
see what I mean? You put plaster on a wall...stop pretending to be a businessman.

I was actually supposed to be doing my ridiculously expensive hobby today but got rained off.

If you’re on £400 a day I doubt you’d spend all weekend on a forum talking about plastering. bottom feeding £160-170 a day.
see what I mean? You put plaster on a wall...stop pretending to be a businessman.

Noone said they are on £400 a day regularly, f**k**g hell. £250-£300 was what was said. It's gone from you making up we're on 75k a year to now over 100k

Noone said they are on £400 a day regularly, f**k**g hell. £250-£300 was what was said. It's gone from you making up we're on 75k a year to now over 100k

He's mental isn't he, willfully ignorant.

Tbf I think his brains just crashed.. total information overload, bit like trying to install the new Flight Simulator on an old school BBC computer.

Reboot yourself Luke.. the sky's the limit bro.

My mate lives in Solihull, asked me to skim his living room at short notice and I couldn't help him out. He ended up paying £760 to get it done, plasterer and labourer for a day and half
That still works out at two days for two people in real terms so not huge money.

He's mental isn't he, willfully ignorant.

Tbf I think his brains just crashed.. total information overload, bit like trying to install the new Flight Simulator on an old school BBC computer.

Reboot yourself Luke.. the sky's the limit bro.

I'm not sure if Luke is trying educate us or himself.
I'm not explaining any more facts of life.
I'm not his mother .

I’m happy to work more weeks in a year as I’d feel like a fool sitting at home watching judge rinder whilst my wife goes to work all day. its more customers too so more leads.
Good conversation this, the truth is its all about supply anD demand in your area.
we all charge as much as we can possibly get. if we knew what the customer had in his head we would get every job we wanted. we all go through phases of earning big money for little effort but it seldom goes on forever. it does not matter in the end what anyone else is earning because i will not be asking anyone on here to top up my money if i have a bad week or giving away any.
Also out of our so called wage we have loads of deductions and i spend as much time picking up gear cleaning out van and quoting than on the tools.
what do you think of sticking beads on with tape @luke105 your reply could swing this for you.

Bathroom fitters is the one for sure, customers don't seem to mind paying 2k for a week's work because they can rip up an old floor, put a new one down, use some push pipe, fit a new suite and tile round the bath. None of it's difficult but because they do it all customers don't seem to realise how much they're paying for a week's labour
I agree but it needs to be done to a high standard and the risk/reward is much higher, i f**k*d up a thousand pound bath cutting out for tapholes once.

That still works out at two days for two people in real terms so not huge money.
Well the plasterer would of got 550 out of it for a day and a half so exactly the money we were talking about

Good conversation this, the truth is its all about supply anD demand in your area.
we all charge as much as we can possibly get. if we knew what the customer had in his head we would get every job we wanted. we all go through phases of earning big money for little effort but it seldom goes on forever. it does not matter in the end what anyone else is earning because i will not be asking anyone on here to top up my money if i have a bad week or giving away any.
Also out of our so called wage we have loads of deductions and i spend as much time picking up gear cleaning out van and quoting than on the tools.
what do you think of sticking beads on with tape @luke105 your reply could swing this for you.
You spend 30+ hours a week picking up gear, quoting and cleaning your van? You're nuts

Well the plasterer would of got 550 out of it for a day and a half so exactly the money we were talking about
your original post implied that this was above the normal rate because it was done at short notice, it would class as two days work and after lab,tax, expenses and materials it is not IMO over normal rate.
(DONT BOTHER REPLYING JUST POST "AGREE)

your original post implied that this was above the normal rate because it was done at short notice, it would class as two days work and after lab,tax, expenses and materials it is not IMO over normal rate.
(DONT BOTHER REPLYING JUST POST "AGREE)
I didn't imply it was above normal rate at all, I was saying it's close to where Luke is and showed £250+ a day is very much possible where he lives

WHO told you that? you spend thirty plus hours trying to get the last word on a forum and you don't get paid.
I assume you work at least 30hours a week? Don't need to get paid, I earn plenty in the week

My mate lives in Solihull, asked me to skim his living room at short notice and I couldn't help him out. He ended up paying £760 to get it done, plasterer and labourer for a day and half
Solihull is a very expensive part of the midlands, "short notice" and "ended up paying" all allude to your post suggesting he paid over the odds. case closed.

Solihull is a very expensive part of the midlands, "short notice" and "ended up paying" all allude to your post suggesting he paid over the odds. case closed.
On the guys doorstep a plasterer got £500+ for a day and half work. Case closed

i dont have enough interest to keep winning the debate on here but if you take it over to my Beadtape thread i will be happy to chat for hours. :tanguero:

i dont have enough interest to keep winning the debate on here but if you take it over to my Beadtape thread i will be happy to chat for hours. :tanguero:
Best get and clean out your van. Full time job that

Doesn’t matter what any newbie on here posts it always get twisted then the abuse starts. Some place this
I’m on a site that was plastered by Chris taylor , tayson plastering, well when I say plastered, I mean like a radio is plastered, brutal work , I’m getting through the pva .

If the lady who posted is reading this then hopefully you’ll see this honest opinion.

people on here telling you that you should have paid more is rubbish. Every tradesperson is in control of their own prices and will find a target Audience on this price that works for them. That doesn’t mean their standard of work should be poor.

someone said they’d want you to have sockets removed and wires taped back for a great finish. Again, that’s rubbish and a very bad excuse. Nobody should expect you to get an electrician in to do this very simple and unnecessary job just because they don’t have the ability to plaster around sockets.

the work this person has done for you is poor and citizens advise will most definitely assist.

I’m sorry that you’ve had to encounter someone like this and in future it’s worth doing some good digging online to find the right person. The cowboy types won’t have websites, google map account, yell etc where reviews can be seen by all.
Recommendation is always good but if you don’t know anyone who knows a plasterer obvs no good!
Well these guys have all those things and they’re the biggest bunch of cowboys I’ve ever encountered! And they blatantly write their own reviews!

B1F66FCE-EEBB-4720-B3B8-12A912BE97D3.png

It’s just pot luck who you get from the internet.