Some people.

Nothing beats the customer helping out had to bond all over his beads to get them levilish then re bead it all never again top it of through a big ceiling on then bang right over the f**k**g hop up.. Sprayed me ankle

OUCH! had the same but done my knee in bad, f**k**g killed

Some people.

Wind your neck in. I'm just covering my bases in case it turns out that some madman has been up there building stuff out of matchsticks.

I know. f**k**g @lurpak started all this and before long, they'll all be at it.
The house is over a hundred years old... meh

Toes everywhere! I’d display mine but they’re even weirder. They are size four so stumpy and all my toes are pretty much oddly the same size so.. double stumpy!

f**k off. There's no such thing as a 20mm joist. In fact, thinking about it, are trusses 50mm? It's been a very long time since I've put a truss up.

Anyway, it's 2 inches, not 20mm. You've been looking at the wrong side of the tape again.

We once had a joiner (said he was) come on site when we were doing timber frame erecting....shout down to him Giz a bit of threebe at one one six oh.....

He had no idea what we were talking about and was trying to make some sort of sense of one one six oh in inches. Expecting a four foot bit of timber and he's handing up things eleven and a random bit inches.
I have seen 20mm joists shity small lengths near chimney breasts eithier side in fact near the back wall ive seen them on lath n bodge houses

Had a crank a few years back," on a tight budget,prisoner pennies "etc. Sob sob.
Said I'll get back to you with a price,take it from there....." ok we've got loads of other work too..,so if your price is budget friendly blah blah, gushing pish,, if we're happy with your price,can we book you in for when we're away on holiday for three weeks come and go as you please"..
Aye,nae bother. :LOL::tonto:

Why send you pictures, I would have told them to do one, you never got job, what they want you to say.
Because they were asking me to come put it right. She was quite a nice person but she didn’t know what she doing. I remember her saying that the other bloke was pressuring her to tell him if he had the job, all the warning signs were there but there’s not much you can say to someone besides good luck! If you tell them this guys clearly a prick and it’s going to be awful you sound like you’re just pushing your own agenda

Because they were asking me to come put it right. She was quite a nice person but she didn’t know what she doing. I remember her saying that the other bloke was pressuring her to tell him if he had the job, all the warning signs were there but there’s not much you can say to someone besides good luck! If you tell them this guys clearly a prick and it’s going to be awful you sound like you’re just pushing your own agenda

In a pinch, I'll explain my price. Usually, customer telling you they've got this or that quote is some attempt to haggle. If they understand what's involved, then maybe they'll see it your way. Especially if you can point out that the other fella has priced for £70 a day labour.

Don't think she's that nice asking you to remedial a job you did not win. That's cheeky.

Why should you have to justify your price . if a customer takes a lower quote and it all ends up going bad then it is down to them .We all work in a free market .......you are free to charge as much as you like and the customer is free to accept it or not . Buyer beware i say . IF work is not up to a set out standard then its up to the customer to take the correct action to address the situation . If they then want you to rectify the problems caused by poor workmanship then you have to charge accordingly and lay down the terms and conditions of what needs to be done to put some other persons work right . If that means ripping it all out and starting again then so be it .

Don't think she's that nice asking you to remedial a job you did not win. That's cheeky.

Not really. It's perfectly understandable that someone wants to hang on to their cash.

Customer says 'sorry, you were right.'

Now you can name your price. 'Eeeh, well yes. That was the price but now I've got to do all sorts to put that right. I'm afraid it'll be double.'

Not really. It's perfectly understandable that someone wants to hang on to their cash.

Customer says 'sorry, you were right.'

Now you can name your price. 'Eeeh, well yes. That was the price but now I've got to do all sorts to put that right. I'm afraid it'll be double.'
When I was younger, I did things like ok I will fix it, but learned not to touch stuff I did not do. Minefield. Who knows prep done etc,,, pain.
You priced it, they declined you. Economics is their problem now she is paying more than double to fix it.
I see jess point because I did it years ago, not now. Too busy for that line of work.

If that ceiling is made entirely of thin timbers are you sure you should be hanging even more weight off them?
I thought about that. It’s a small ceiling. I’m using battens which are lightweight and gone for 9.5 boards for lightweight and the skim won’t be that much. Surely the wood would strengthen them too, more so than they were before. I made enquires about what they store in the loft, not much and nothing heavy. I told them if they wanted to store more in future they’d be best with a proper suspended floor.

I thought about that. It’s a small ceiling. I’m using battens which are lightweight and gone for 9.5 boards for lightweight and the skim won’t be that much. Surely the wood would strengthen them too, more so than they were before. I made enquires about what they store in the loft, not much and nothing heavy. I told them if they wanted to store more in future they’d be best with a proper suspended floor.

Ignore him he’s a grumpy old man

Counterbatten won't do f**k all for strength. How can it?

Up above, I probably wouldn't fancy going up there, even if those joists are 6/7" wide. If they tip over, through you go. Ply would help because it would brace the boards and distribute weight. Same if you nogged it with full width nogs.

Whilst that’s true enough he does have a point. I’m pretty confident the ceiling will be fine though

:frenetico:

How come didn’t just skim anyway? Takes alot for me to board lol.

Will be fine the weights distributed across joists.

I went to a job that was ‘boarded’ and not one screw was in joist and that ceiling stayed up. Was just screwed into the board above