Solo plaster

Members online

@Vincey
20191229_091247.jpg
20191229_091228.jpg
20191229_091222.jpg

Its f**k**g dog shite.
Well one wall went ok . Cold window wall was a night mare. Went like bubble wrap round beeds and just wouldnt dry

Theres base and finsh. . Its like one coat shite . And like corn flour. Looks soft but seems think when you spread it
I thought it was base you can use it as a finish outdoors rubbed up obviously but you use a Lime putty on top indoors unless you’re rubbing up coarse

I thought it was base you can use it as a finish outdoors rubbed up obviously but you use a Lime putty on top indoors unless you’re rubbing up coarse
We had to use sponges. Should be ok was just a battle. Its a waste of money really . As they sealed walls anyway and are painting with a non breathable paint not the stuff your meant to use. Project manager said his wife search internet and foung this. We.ve told him to get pure finish lol. Ex joiner

Been back today . Really surprised how good it looks. Bit bumpy kn places but could be old walls. I did have hallogen light blasting down dark corridor to box room .
Anyway gonna have another pop tomoz so if any ones got any pointers tips be grateful. Were only using the finish at about 3 mm.

Should i just 1 coat it
Prob i had last time was i could only finish it with sponge and your meant to finish with trowel .

All help appreciated

Been back today . Really surprised how good it looks. Bit bumpy kn places but could be old walls. I did have hallogen light blasting down dark corridor to box room .
Anyway gonna have another pop tomoz so if any ones got any pointers tips be grateful. Were only using the finish at about 3 mm.

Should i just 1 coat it
Prob i had last time was i could only finish it with sponge and your meant to finish with trowel .

All help appreciated

Should i just 1 coat it

All help appreciated
pic i showed you was solo sponged done 2 passes though as was thick.(not same day). the duro only used as a basecoat

Mine was 3 - 5mm tops a slightly soft sponge at the end
This is using thin coat beads so gonna be bout 3 mm . Should i just one coat it.
@Dansouthcoast84 so you sponge finish . Dick in travis said you can finish with trowel. .
I.ll try and get some pics tomoz but its really dark down that end. Room i.m doing tomoz is alot better lightning

This is using thin coat beads so gonna be bout 3 mm . Should i just one coat it.
@Dansouthcoast84 so you sponge finish . Dick in travis said you can finish with trowel. .
I.ll try and get some pics tomoz but its really dark down that end. Room i.m doing tomoz is alot better lightning
i havent used beads on this one.

trouble is its course so tye grain just rolls around the bead areas.

you can trowel it never done it mind but when we use it client wants rough cottage look.

i havent used beads on this one.

trouble is its course so tye grain just rolls around the bead areas.

you can trowel it never done it mind but when we use it client wants rough cottage look.
What we got . To be fair jobs a joke . Some right animals on it and now there sticking this 17 pound a bag on

what's your finishing method on this bud? site I'm on want a trowelled finish but just seems to bubble up, get a better finish with a sponge but they don't want that...any tips to stop the bubbling ? thanks
How thick are you applying mate I’m wondering if it’s going on to thick and what are you applying it onto ?
basically I just trowelled on embedded mesh left it for a while then flatten a few times , very soft slightly damp fine finishing sponge to finish, maybe get some heaters in there too might help

How thick are you applying mate I’m wondering if it’s going on to thick and what are you applying it onto ?
basically I just trowelled on embedded mesh left it for a while then flatten a few times , very soft slightly damp fine finishing sponge to finish, maybe get some heaters in there too might help

thanks for the reply, its on wood fibre insulation board, 2 coats, mesh embedded into first coat, each coat around 5mm as they have supplied 10mm plastic beads, basically following their guidelines and videos on timings etc, struggling to get a trowelled finished in one day, we have one coated and meshed today and will apply second coat first thing in the morning and see if it works any better that way. thanks again for your time.

thanks for the reply, its on wood fibre insulation board, 2 coats, mesh embedded into first coat, each coat around 5mm as they have supplied 10mm plastic beads, basically following their guidelines and videos on timings etc, struggling to get a trowelled finished in one day, we have one coated and meshed today and will apply second coat first thing in the morning and see if it works any better that way. thanks again for your time.
I’d drop to a thinner coat mate on the fibre boards I can’t understand why they saying ten mm even a normal thincoat skim bead will be fine and the mesh can still be embedded at that , roughly 3mm total maybe give that a try slightly thinner on a wall

I’d drop to a thinner coat mate on the fibre boards I can’t understand why they saying ten mm even a normal thincoat skim bead will be fine and the mesh can still be embedded at that , roughly 3mm total maybe give that a try slightly thinner on a wall

yeah will give that a try mate, cheers