Site monkeys/Skimmers vs "proper plasterers"

Does any one think that corn flour just amazing. Wonder if you could thicken skim up with it and save on gear

No frames to work to or reveals to do I'd guess. I'd didn't use stilts the majority of the time preferring two trestles and a long piece of joist.
Andy when I was doing site work back in the late 80's we always planked the rooms out using oil drums and planks which made doing ceilings easy .Working from a spot and stand mixing a yellow builders bucket at a time so you were always using fresh skim .It was the labs job to plank out rooms and cut scrims ahead of us .work seemed to be more organised and easier but you still got the meters on doing it this way.District you ever do it the same?.

Told my lad to be a hairdresser after seeing what wife pays . Plus even if my Hair skint they will still pay for hair before food

He probably hears his 3 sisters and mum squabbling every 2 mins and thinks fuuck that :frenetico::frenetico:
A mate of mine has 3 girls, Mrs got pregnant again said it’s a girl. Born named her did the 6 hour check there’s a problem, it’s a boy he’s cock and balls are tucked inside still. He described it like winning the lottery. Poor little lad had to have a few ops to sort it but he’s over the moon. Even got the name tag with Zara on. Mental

I can remember years ago I knew two spreads and a lad . They used to skim out a 3 storey 4 bed in a day . One continuous rolling gauge . You’d walk in there and it would be steaming . They never cleaned any beads or round windows . There was always some snagging to do . But hey still take my hat off to them . They shifted some gear
That’s a thing you don’t see plaster giving off steam anymore,used to see little piles of steaming plaster in a finished room

I've seen worse strategy be put in play by lads.

I earnt £500 that day, £400 after tax, had the next day off so it became £200 a day after tax. Boss wasn't happy, but was OK for me to come back in funny enough
On them figures your not even on £3 a metre that’s fooking shite doe and your coming on here bragging what a fooking bellend asuwere

You sound fast mate, interesting that you do more metres on ceilings why do you think that was? I am the opposite
I'm a machine fellas just tip your hats to me and be done with it, I wake up every morning and i piss excellence

I'm thinking of taking part in the plastering Olympics
3 blokes skimming 170 in walls ain’t impressive so u probably don’t piss excellent caaant

It wasn't 170 metres between 3 lads.
It was a truly brilliant effort of two lads going for it and one lad kind of going for it.

It could go down in plastering folklore as one of the greatest uses of the rolling gauge method ever seen and has since been banned from being used on site

Andy when I was doing site work back in the late 80's we always planked the rooms out using oil drums and planks which made doing ceilings easy .Working from a spot and stand mixing a yellow builders bucket at a time so you were always using fresh skim .It was the labs job to plank out rooms and cut scrims ahead of us .work seemed to be more organised and easier but you still got the meters on doing it this way.District you ever do it the same?.
Yes mate when I first started I'd have to fully deck out the rooms ready for the spreads. We used things called splitheads to hold the scaffold boards up rather than drums.
To be fair most ceilings were still Artexed when I started though.

there lies the problem that all the knowledge of the old boys seems to be dying with them.. my apprentice learnt f*ck all at college...the tutor had no real experience and was using the my apprentices work to pass off his other students. Letting them stand next to it for their portfolio pics. Qll to boost college pass rates. That piece of paper aint worth sh*t
The old boys deserve respect.

Red Dead is so impressive. Nothing comes close for the detail and the laugh you have playing Rockstar games. Brilliant. I’ll complete it over Xmas