Site monkeys/Skimmers vs "proper plasterers"

Members online

Ful me if your doing 3 story town houses there's not an earthly of doing that on a unit or school it's not possible unless your a daft c**t doing 4 gauges a day .ha ha

I get Mardy doing two, have only done 3 a couple of times

I'm a site monkey/skimmer only ever done the other useless stuff at college during apprenticeship.

This is for all the self proclaimed -
"proper plasterers"
"I'm a old school plasterer"
"no mixes past 2 o'clock types"

Why are u lot so slow on sites?

Us younger lads will 90 percent of the time smash the old school types all day long on site meterage and pick up far more money
The different whith domestic work and site work is you can run like a headless chicken all day to do the square meter by your 50years old your body fuked becouse you been a stupid c**t. Domestic work you do half of that do a quolity job. people don't ask how quick you are,. Ther going to ask who did that job. Site forman going ask who's the quickest plastrer in the area and most times that not the best. that y most new builds are badly constructed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181203-193524.jpg
    Screenshot_20181203-193524.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 183
Thing is @ the one coat wizard there are proper spreads who just choose to do site work

We do 3 average size ones a day don't break any records and 2 on Friday and still leave at 3 on a decent enough wage
Can do two and a half time set if I need to but run out of time so never really do a proper sized 3rd.....when doing 3 sets a day are they coated out of same mix

In 15/20 years time you’ll be the old boy with some young buck out spreading you keeping the rates down like they have for the last 20year. It’s the circle of life. Your only young once, make your money invest it well when your 50/60 you can do 50m2 a day less than the young buck. Or you can shove it up your nose like every other young lad does and work till you die.

The different whith domestic work and site work is you can run like a headless chicken all day to do the square meter by your 50years old your body fuked becouse you been a stupid c**t. Domestic work you do half of that do a quolity job. people don't ask how quick you are,. Ther going to ask who did that job. Site forman going ask who's the quickest plastrer in the area and most times that not the best. that y most new builds are badly constructed
Not always the way mate i dont run round like a headless chicken thats for c**ts who dont have a method and iam 51 and no pain

Not always the way mate i dont run round like a headless chicken thats for c**ts who dont have a method and iam 51 and no pain
Bang on with that . I had 4 little sets other day and more done . Looked better and I didn’t kill my self and was finished no later

There's halfwits on our site who batter all the big rooms 1st . Leave all the cupboards and reveals cos they've not broke them down with the gauge then run round with dirty water to try and finish the plot . Thick as pig s**t
You know it thick as s**t

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
Earn as much as you need, as easy as you can manage. People working their bollox off day in and day out rarely work out any better off.

Don't bite off more than you can chew.

Exactly brains of a rocking horse

You been a wise siter then good for you but the proof is in the pudding about new build in the UK.

Yes bellends hanging off scissor lifts thinking there the dogs b*ll***s with more on them than the studs

Well I'd like to think that I'm one of the old bastards you're trying to get a rise out of @The_one_coat_wizard .
When I was on normal site work I would average 75sqm a day on walls or a tad more on lids.
I'd also average 84sqm of floating will S&C. Both without a labourer and never getting dragged back in with a snagging list.
I knew I was pretty quick, but also meet quicker.
I definitely don't have any sort of axe to grind with the younger lads 'smashing it'. I do however find it sad when I keep hearing about the lowering of standards and corners being cut. Cutting corners and getting more metres done doesn't mean that you're fast though.
I've earned well over the years by covering, what I consider, decent metres, now I earn decent money covering fewer metres. I've enjoyed both.

Well I'd like to think that I'm one of the old bastards you're trying to get a rise out of @The_one_coat_wizard .
When I was on normal site work I would average 75sqm a day on walls or a tad more on lids.
I'd also average 84sqm of floating will S&C. Both without a labourer and never getting dragged back in with a snagging list.
I definitely don't have any sort of axe to grind with the younger lads 'smashing it'. I do however find it sad when I keep hearing about the lowering of standards and corners being cut. Cutting corners and getting more metres done doesn't mean that you're fast though.
I've earned well over the years by covering, what I consider, decent metres, now I earn decent money covering fewer metres. I've enjoyed both.

You sound fast mate, interesting that you do more metres on ceilings why do you think that was? I am the opposite

The superflexs changed the game

Hit it early with a s*p*r*lex and it seems to draw all the water to the surface making everything stay live forever

Plus the quality of plaster is so inconsistent these days you have to flatten early to take no chances as every bag goes off at different times

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten