Site monkeys/Skimmers vs "proper plasterers"

Members online

If he had to scrim and bead up on the same day he did pretty well even at 140 metres or whatever he’s been knocked down to but at twenty five to be honest I wouldn’t expect much less if I employed him, remember that’s ten hours so a day and a half but fair play to you mate I couldn’t do that but to be honest at sixty I wouldn’t want to

Surely you must have realised I was on the wind up asking lads what my chances were like triple pvaing a wall and skriming the wallpaper seams and hitting it with a mix of dry wall and multi finish
No m8 some lads have done that in the past skimmed over wood chip might be OK in some places you get some loose patches you be back in a week or so. For me I think you were serious becouse it has be done and that a question Andy would ask and he'd be 100% serious

Don't worry fellas id be annoyed as well if I had been doing something 15 years and was considerably slower than the lads who had only been doing it half that time

giphy (14).gif

I'm a disrespectful little c**t for pointing out that some younger site skimmers who get 90 percent of their work threw only skimming on site are far quicker than the older proper plasterer types at getting the metres on, f**k me it's a touchy world
The young lads are very quick but they also arc there bottoms, overbuild door frames, roll corners. Masonry brush there corners and leave a motley finish and have coke problems hehe

Is the punchline to this thread "I can't believe you lot fell for it, proper plasterers, more like proper mugs"
zOOxMa0.gif

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-205650.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-205650.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20181204-205650.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-205650.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 160
Love it mate, it was a highly questionable 170m with getting the measure through some pretty big doors and windows but 170m none the less I got paid for that day, it was a one off I've never repeated it and average between 80-90 a day most weeks.
So you average 80-90 a day!!! been there and done that like many others on here when we were younger but 2 coats, you will pay for it in a few years mind you, yes that’s good laying, but double your average on your own come on Hollywood?????

So you average 80-90 a day!!! been there and done that like many others on here when we were younger but 2 coats, you will pay for it in a few years mind you, yes that’s good laying, but double your average on your own come on Hollywood?????

I put two coats on out of the same gear onto board and it does a good enough job that I get paid and get work so think what you like of that

Secondly, why Hollywood for doing double my average on a one off day, I wasn't working alone and mixed a third of plaster that went on that day, all rooms were beaded and skrim stapled the day before, all plaster was on a pallet next to mixing area

I think a massive reason alot of you think this can't be done is because you probably think we trowelled most of it up with a 16/18 sf trowel, I was laying onto a roughly 25m2 each time slightly thicker than usual on first coat and flattening with a 1200mm speed skim as soon as it had both coats.

I put two coats on out of the same gear onto board and it does a good enough job that I get paid and get work so think what you like of that

Secondly, why Hollywood for doing double my average on a one off day, I wasn't working alone and mixed a third of plaster that went on that day, all rooms were beaded and skrim stapled the day before, all plaster was on a pallet next to mixing area

I think a massive reason alot of you think this can't be done is because you probably think we trowelled most of it up with a 16/18 sf trowel, I was laying onto a roughly 25m2 each time slightly thicker than usual on first coat and flattening with a 1200mm speed skim as soon as it had both coats.
With every next post you just shitting on yourself. Stop it here and keep believing yourself, in this case at least one can benefit from this fiasco.

With every next post you just shitting on yourself. Stop it here and keep believing yourself, in this case at least one can benefit from this fiasco.

Keep living in your little dream world mate acting like their arent plenty of lads out their capable of 100-120m without even getting out of third gear

Until you've done the 10 bag challenge and walked out the other side not a broken shell of a man I don't think you should even think about looking at a building site, let alone walk onto one.