Sh*t

Members online

The affair bit sounds great suggest an affair with his wife so you get something out of it??
Haha never met the guys wife ;)

By domestic housing standards if a fair size at 6x4.5 so trying to skim that even with grit is gonna be a b*****d.

Don't often see much bigger unless it's a knock through

Haha never met the guys wife ;)

By domestic housing standards if a fair size at 6x4.5 so trying to skim that even with grit is gonna be a b*****d.

Don't often see much bigger unless it's a knock through
Bond it external grit (green) is waterproof skim hangs for ages on it

The first pic with the two cracks, looks like they are running along a joist - did the sparks get in the loft and bounce around on a loose/twisted joist? If that doesn't work out I have 69 other excuses.

It will be the original tape, I take it it was stippled? I always explain this to customers, you are adding extra weight so any problems the artex is hiding will show up.

Good ol south yorkshire.

Sparks been in loft but that was before I skimmed it. Plus Sparks the guy I always use when asked so know he's not a big fat t**t throwing shapes on the rafters
Whereabouts I was at Huddersfield a while back is that south Yorkshire? I'm shite at geography

Whereabouts I was at Huddersfield a while back is that south Yorkshire? I'm shite at geography
No that's not south yorkshire lol I'm shite too I think it's West yorks

@flynnyman
In fact I tell a lie it wasn't paper taped it was square edge boards with fibre tape and jointed so all wrong to start with.

Well do what you need to do but blame heating on !!. But nail his missus then it's some kind of reward?

easy solution... overboard... make sure you charge for it though :D

Obviously when you quoted the over skim you gave them the two options of overboard or over skim and you did mention that if it fails they have to pay :D

If they chose the cheaper option that becomes their problem in my opinion and when I had one fail in the past they just paid me to overboard it as I did mention that it is a risk :D
Exactly what I do

Exactly what I do
I'll have to see what's going on first.

@Danny wasn't a case of being the cheapest or anything like that.

The guys a decent fella so I know he's not pulling my chain about it.

Problem I've got now is everything's on hold so wants it sorting tomorrow WTF.

As daft as it sounds I feel like I'm being backed into a corner

this is going to be brilliant I can just feel it
Just got back from work and have had a quick read through the thread, tbh it would be nice for a change to actually have an adult discussion about scenarios such as his , even if we all don't have the same opinions on everything.

Just got back from work and have had a quick read through the thread, tbh it would be nice for a change to actually have an adult discussion about scenarios such as his , even if we all don't have the same opinions on everything.

We waited for that lol very helpful thanks

Did you pva and jump straight on it?
I ALWAYS pva and let it dry, and then give it another coat.

Was there any suction at all when skimming it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you pva and jump straight on it?
I ALWAYS pva and let it dry, and then give it another coat.

Was there any suction at all when skimming it??

Exactly the same mate 1 coat let dry second coat tacky.

Enough suction. I'm just here now so I'll update when I come out other side :musculoso:

When I pva I expect there to be no suction...
Best of luck anyhow

When I pva I expect there to be no suction...
Best of luck anyhow

If it hasn't fully dried it will still sucks a little. Never had pva itself fail, only the surface underneath. Let us know what's on the back of it.

If it hasn't fully dried it will still sucks a little. Never had pva itself fail, only the surface underneath. Let us know what's on the back of it.

I know that, that's why I think there should be no suction!

Why don't you start the adult convo and tell us what you planned on telling us?

UPDATE

Right I've been to access the situation.
Big positive to start with there's only myself and the sparky I got him that he's been happy with. Even with this slight issue.
The joiner he's having a ding doing with.
He's not too happy with the decorators because the didn't mask off the trims and sockets etc.
He's picky and a perfectionist (nothing wrong with that I actually like that).

Back to the skim falling off and not adhering.

WELL it's not and it's not falling off its stuck like s**t to a blanket.
100% dried to quick and the cracking is exactly where the settlement cracks were before. It's just come back through.
The movement he was talking about is on the crack itself and to be honest I couldn't really see it myself.
I tried chipping a bit off and could I f**k chip it off.

He saw the prep when I did it as well we're having a good old chat at the time so he's happy I did the prep and everything correctly. (It helps using iluminous orange scrim :D).

He's not actually attributing the blame on me after me showing him it's stuck etc. more a case of can I sort it yesterday.

It's all on one side. Basically going to be a patch repair.

He's happy with my suggested method to remedy it. I've agreed I will do it FOC but have made it clear I cannot guarantee it will not come back and if it does I will have to overboard it which would be chargeable.

The guys happy. I'm happy that I haven't done anything obvious wrong and we've agreed on a way to move it on.

I took some pictures but you actually can't see much at all so no point posting.

Still that's good as I like my pva :) stop the movement ie makes sure it's screwed up tight and scrim it and it probably won't come back

UPDATE

Big positive to start with there's only myself and the sparky I got him that he's been happy with. Even with this slight issue.
He's not too happy with the decorators because the didn't mask off the trims and sockets etc.

100% dried to quick and the cracking is exactly where the settlement cracks were before. It's just come back through.
The movement he was talking about is on the crack itself and to be honest I couldn't really see it myself.

He saw the prep when I did it as well we're having a good old chat at the time so he's happy I did the prep and everything correctly. (It helps using iluminous orange scrim :D).

He's not actually attributing the blame on me after me showing him it's stuck etc. more a case of can I sort it yesterday.

He's happy with my suggested method to remedy it. I've agreed I will do it FOC but have made it clear I cannot guarantee it will not come back and if it does I will have to overboard it which would be chargeable.

The guys happy. I'm happy that I haven't done anything obvious wrong and we've agreed on a way to move it on.

I took some pictures but you actually can't see much at all so no point posting.
Stick some easyfill in it and tell him to rub it down himself

UPDATE

If the pics are of his wife f**k**g post them !!!!