Sh*t

Members online

How do you lot over board ceilings that the have no supports at the edges? Ie when ceilings are boarded and then walls built?

UPDATE 2
Right got here to repair and first thing is definitely 100% no adhesion failure.

Second thing every last bit of it is directly where the scrim is.

So it's obviously has a tiny bit of movement somewhere.
It essentially one side to the other along the 1 edge.

After consultation with customer I've advised again the 2 possible solutions.

A total overboard but again if slight movement won't guarantee against cracking. He's not keen on this idea.

Or

Groove out the cracks paper tape them. Then patch in. (Decorator happy to prep if not 100% invisible).

The second option is the 1 he wants.

Might bed the tape with easi fill 20 as I've got some on the van lol

UPDATE 2
Right got here to repair and first thing is definitely 100% no adhesion failure.

A total overboard but again if slight movement won't guarantee against cracking. He's not keen on this idea.

Or

Groove out the cracks paper tape them. Then patch in. (Decorator happy to prep if not 100% invisible).

Never mind that take some snaps of his wife (y)

If it's on a joist, fire some more screws in to see if it tightens up the movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE 2

Or

Did you tell him there is more chance of it cracking the way your gonna do it?

Did you tell him there is more chance of it cracking the way your gonna do it?
I've told him mate.
He's adamant it's not being boarded so he's accepted it may or may not come back.
Paper tape will give it the best chance but it's not bulletproof.

Mind you I did tell him yesterday it was the exact spot a that were taped.

When I've grooved them out I've had him in to show him I'm not pulling his chain.

I honestly don't know where he got its not stuck from because I'd need a hammer and chisel to chip that f**k*r off

Never mind that take some snaps of his wife (y)
Just for you @Marshy
funny-ugly-women-and-girls-pics-photos-images-pictures-9.jpg

If anything its a good reference of images to show show customers that even with the correct prep and tape cracks can and do come back.

It didn't help that it dried so quick either

How do you lot over board ceilings that the have no supports at the edges? Ie when ceilings are boarded and then walls built?
Good point, overboard and still get a crack all round the edge in time anyway

Overskim all day long for me

I scrim around the angles, and then cut off the excess with a new Stanley blade when done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything its a good reference of images to show show customers that even with the correct prep and tape cracks can and do come back.

It didn't help that it dried so quick either
Lol you go around and tell your customers it might crack see how many jobs you lose, overboarding is a better way to reduce cracking, I guarantee all my overboard I would never guarantee a reskim on a ceiling.

So another of the schemes get out clause's, along with oh it's thicker than 2mm sorry.

The Great 2 year guarantee hoax

I've boarded every ceiling in my house and most of them have cracks coming back through, only ones not cracked is the sound boards onto the resilient bars

I've pva'd mine and skimmed over artex, one I did a tight bonding coat first, I only had a crack beneath the bathroom due to a leak

I thought you weren't gonna post on any of Gordons threads anymore?

But I suppose when the thread title came up...you just knew he'd be in there:sisi: