rates of pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a kid and bills pay if charge more wont get work

Not convinced mate at all. I also have a mortgage, a 3 week old boy and a wife on maternity.
At the back end of the summer i had about 2 months on a 3 day week, contractors that i do a lot for tried to take the piss and knock the rate down, i stood me ground and now booked to mid June, at my rate no one else's. Maybe instead of making excuses trying to justify why you undercut everyone else try being a bit more pro active.

so now the sas are involved spunk this is what happens in a price war , bring the sas in to sort it out.

Why is it that mat prices just keep going up? Because they know we will drop our prices to offset it! We all got mortgages/rent/kids etc but if we keep dropping the price,when things do get better,they wont pass any increase on to us cos they know we will happily work for s**t money.

carnt chage that add in the paper to night av room plastered 190 inc laber & mats if i charge more than that wont be able feed my 11 month old kid.s**t mony but i need the money.£100 week rent. van. bills have work for that and so do all plasterers round stoke
my custermas on s**t mony £40 50 a day
Thats why domestic customers want it done for fcuk all around stoke because of people like you doing it for nowt.Just because they are on 40 quid a day when they come to retire they will have their pension and you will have nothing.

One of the problems been cheap is you need a lot of work just to keep going , it just does not make sense.

Thats why domestic customers want it done for fcuk all around stoke because of people like you doing it for nowt.Just because they are on 40 quid a day when they come to retire they will have their pension and you will have nothing.

oy whyarnt you at the game cheering you stokies to a victory to help your favourite away trip team

we need your help

the bottom line with this pricing lark is its individual 150 will be too little for some companies with offices ,yards vans etc but that aint gonna make you put your prices up.believe me if i cud charge 200 i would,unfortunatly the mortgage company aint gonna accept the excuse that if i dont charge x amount all the lads will be pissed off with me all they want is there money and somehow i have to get it

Jan/Feb are sh*t times...i've just got a job at £130 a day didn't dare price it higher for fear of being without work. Self employed need a minimum of £150 a day...imo £200 is more like it but unfortunately those rates a few and far between.

when i price i usually go in for 150's, but quite often get knocked down to around about 130 but just recently cnt even get 130's so i havent been working that much, which doesnt really help, as i soon have 2 kids to support. i tried to stand my ground but sometimes you have to say "if i dnt work my children dnt eat and we loose our house". there is a time to admit defeat. doesnt mean the next job ill be priceing cheap ill go back to my 150's but im finding when you get it, its not nessacerily enough once you take your overheads out your makeing very little money.

i never negotiate! tell em your price, if they don't like it walk, you're the tradesman, you've got the knowledge and know whats involved in the job.

Are you lot telling the customer how much a day you charge ffs??
By the sounds of some of these posts you are!

"hello my names brian the plasterer & I charge £80 a day, but steve up the road charges £100 a day so use me please because I'm cheaper & steve p1sses in his skim & puts food colouring in his pva so please use me"
:RpS_biggrin:

Never tell em a day rate!

I give them a price for labour & materials all in, if they say how much a day which doesn't happen very often, I just tell em I don't work like that I give you a price for the job all in that's how I work!
:RpS_wink:

pissing about for 80 quid a day, plastering is a craft and takes years of knowledge and training if your any kop.your getting paid for your expertise and knowledge
give them an all inclusive price plus vat if your vat registered, and leave it at that if you dont get it move along to the next one.
and if you cant get enough work, learn something different to make a living from.

Are you lot telling the customer how much a day you charge ffs??
By the sounds of some of these posts you are!

"hello my names brian the plasterer & I charge £80 a day, but steve up the road charges £100 a day so use me please because I'm cheaper & steve p1sses in his skim & puts food colouring in his pva so please use me"
:RpS_biggrin:

Never tell em a day rate!

I give them a price for labour & materials all in, if they say how much a day which doesn't happen very often, I just tell em I don't work like that I give you a price for the job all in that's how I work!
:RpS_wink:

Quite right nisus:RpS_thumbup: I learned that when i first started for meself over 20 years since, I told a customer how I'd worked her price out at so much per day plus gear. The job was 5 days work, but cos it was a bit of a distance away I done a bit more each day so I could do it in 4 days. She paid me for 4 days plus gear, I was fukin livid, but took the lesson to heart - Never break your price down or they'll break you down. My price for that job? (20 YEARS AGO)?........£100 per day.

tell you what rock we were lucky to get a draw could of been 3 1 to them absolute shite.

you `re also in the mix now and looked poor.dont want stoke or us to go down them wolves lot i d love to go down there fans are tw ats throwing bottles and coins at us on saterday and we have a family type support lot of kids and older lot no need for how they were toss ers

You just will not stay in business charging those prices and if you think you will you your in dream land, you may hang on for awhile but sooner or later you will go under and anyway why bother just sack it and get a job stacking shelves because if you sit down and do your sums i.e. deduct all your expences after £80-100 a day you will earn more working in Tesco without any of the hassle that comes with our trade. If thats the going rate in your area and you seriously want to remain in this game then pause your business go do something else then when the rest fall by the wayside, which they will just pick the trade back up and charge what your worth. Your running your own business; its a hard trade; the hours are long especially when you include carrying out quotes/writing quotes up etc anyone asking the above prices for all that needs to have a f##king word with themselfs

On the radio today they got on some electrical work what needed doing . So they put out over the airways how much a day work. About 3 phone or tex in saying
the rate for a sparks a day is £200. My mates a sparks and charges £3,500 for a rewire ,and we accept this is the price , but plasterers are looked upon as a cheap
trade why is this ? and how have we let ourselves come to this.

you `re also in the mix now and looked poor.dont want stoke or us to go down them wolves lot i d love to go down there fans are tw ats throwing bottles and coins at us on saterday and we have a family type support lot of kids and older lot no need for how they were toss ers
Nice one the lad plays rugby his team had to play wolverhampton the other weekend one of their players headbuted the lad and put him down for a couple of mins[dirty bastards] We need to change our style of play now everybody has got wise to us[we only score from throw ins]is the chant

Everyones situation is different, Mortgage, bills, kids etc. Not everybody has savings to live on through these hard times and NEED to earn something to pay bills so if youre pricing jobs and not getting them because youre too dear it wont be long before youre prices drop, you can only sit at home for so long before you start to feel like a spare part. Im back on site skimming for £2 a metre doing £700 a week its shite but its better than pricing private work and not getting it over and over because ive been there!!!

no its probably because youre ******* s**t mate

(HEE hee spunky) dont give a **** any more £120 a day plus mats havent done this for 34 years for some numpty who knows naff all about propper spreadin trying to take liberties when the greedy cnts are on more then me anyway.

There taking the piss £2 m2 it's getting like a 3rd world country . They got you with fear "if you do not want it for £2 m2 there lads who will" I will find out what the rate really is . Bastardos taking the piss.

close this thread. any doughnut with google will work out these shite rates. **** em charge what its worth.

i can promise you it would have to be a big re wire for that money round here about 1500 for a 3 bed semi round this way
I now renovate houses rather than plaster and have only had to shell out £1350 for full re-wires on three bed places and that's in the Chelmsford area of Essex.

I must of heard it wrong cannot be £3,400 for a re wire when I see him again will ask him.

Status
Not open for further replies.