rates of pay

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spunk are you saying that a ritmo would be no use to you?? hmm
Nisus is there such a thing as a apprentice I spent many a happy hour skimming cupboards as a lad.
We had that on a job in hull rock a fecking joiner coming round snagging what a w**k*r knew feck all about plastering. If we had a pop at the chippies leaving
drywall screws proud of the board or just bad fecking boarding he would hear nothing on it. He got his lights knocked out from a lad from hull got moved to a different site after that.

Yeah I see the benefits of both! like you say, atleast the walls n s**t are flat, or should be! they say old tradesmen were better than mordern but every old house Ive been in looks like its been built by a blind dude, talk about make life difficult for whoever goes in there after ya!

like i say its all down at the end of day down to dough.for me doing site work the travelling and expence of that and the extra 2-4 hours that adds a day is a killer,also for me now at the age of 48 after 8om2 doing my own labouring and being out the house foe 10 -12 hours coming home knackered and not havin the energy to play with my 5 and 2 year old just aint worth it especially for all the tw ats your working for

What happens rock is the older you get you see the bigger picture on life what really matters is your children , wife, brothers sister mum dad. The trick is

Work to Live and not live for work.

If you work out everything you outlay for a year to run your BUSINESS

eg a sole trader:

• Van loan/lease
• Insurance
• Tax
• Mot
• Service
• Repairs, Tyres etc
• Public liability insurance
• Accountant
• Tools
• Work clothes & boots
• Phones - mobile & landline
• Electricity
• Pc ink & paper for quotes
• Diesel for quoting
• Diesel for work

This can be anything but let's say £7800 a year (this is roughly what mine works out too)

So that is £150 a week over 52 weeks

So if you are charging £100 a day

That's £500 a week minus 20% tax = £400 minus roughly £3 national insurance = £397 minus the £150 you outlay = £247 divide by 5 = £49.40

So reality is £100 a day = £49.40 a day:RpS_thumbdn:

And that's if you work for 52 weeks of the year!

I love you NISUS
I will copy this into my small print on the estimate sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.