Plastic trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I orded a piece of perspex 14x5 off ebay last yr for £4. Gonna glue a shite trowel to it to form a handle to create one what adhesive should i use?

windy said:
I orded a piece of perspex 14x5 off ebay last yr for £4. Gonna glue a (german word)e trowel to it to form a handle to create one what adhesive should i use?

super glue tut tut

I might be missing the point here but why the f**k would you want to put a shine on the finish,just to f**k the painter up?

it might be good for cleaning windows, you know after you've washed them, to get the suds off ::) ::) ::)

nah i aint used it yet im painting all week but will be back on it next monday.. oh and btw i asked refina to day about the tool they were ment 2 be selling this week as oldskoll said and they dint have a clue?

oasis said:
nah i aint used it yet im painting all week but will be back on it next monday.. oh and btw i asked refina to day about the tool they were ment 2 be selling this week as oldskoll said and they dint have a clue?
lol

oasis said:

I agree Refina dont have a clue :)

I fell out with them they sent me a snotty email about my tool

bubbles65 said:
I reckon the plastic 'pulls' the surface more to increase the surface area and thus , the setting time decreases.Could be miles off though -somone will know for def! ???

The opposite

plastic blades have less transferance from the surface where as a metal blade has a tad more friction so it does not close the surface the same/as much as the steel that leaves the surface open more (were talking under a microscope here but you can feel the difference) a plazzy should get you a smoother finish quicker than a steel thats where you save your time.

Hum refina are robbing +++ all this talk yet are mixer set fire on us so they took it and fixed it, I said I dint want it back at 6months old at 360 a pop! They took it as a trade in and wanted £145 for a new 1! I said NO ! So they then offered it for £75? I accepted and changed it to the other style mixer, when I came I was not happy with the style so asked to chaange for a H frame but the one up witch is around £50 diffrence online, they said they can't meet my my demnds and asked for it back for a full refund? Then I kicked off so we did the upgrade for aand extra £90 ! Robbin fucks dnt give a s**t

nelly said:
oasis said:

I agree Refina dont have a clue :)

I fell out with them they sent me a snotty email about my tool
How you doing nelly as for them plastic trowels a few of my mates use them for final troweling they still lay on the first coat and flatten with a standard trowel then final coat and polish up with that plastic trowel. But i think they polish the surface to much hence when you come to paint it problems occur becase the paint wont soak in and i know that for sure because just lately ive been painting a lot of new plaster its like how many plasterers paint there own plaster then they would refrain from polishing the surface like a glass finish regards jim.

jimfish said:
Nisus said:
jimfish said:
Nisus said:
flynnyman said:
woop woop my first warning :)

;D
I've only had 4 ;D
Next one I'll be up in court :'(
Nice picture nis were can i get one of them mixers shaking that ass.
Last time i bent me paddle nis it got me into trouble was over neachells lane today( howdens) for me customers kitchen ordered today delivered tomoz thats good service.

J

It is as long as everything turns up, you know what howdens are like ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.