plasterers Coventry

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebearbeef

Need two plasterers for a site in Coventry next week. Should be 4-6 weeks work As long as the quality is right.

Rate is £2.20m2 with genuine big areas to go at. Job is a school so very few small rooms on the site. Would ideally suit a two gang but don't mind if single spreads want the work.

No daft payment terms just a week in hand. Must have a valid CSCS and UTR number.

See pics of a typical room.

Anyone thats interested please PM me or call 07540523734 or 07811382656 Ideally looking for people to start tuesday/wednesday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 439
The price is there so people can rule it out if its not for them. Its the going rate around here for commercial work so rather than waste anyones time the rate is already on the table. No need for the negativity. Not forcing anyone to take it just offering work to people who may not have any.

Don't see a reason to be pissy about that myself.

The price is there so people can rule it out if its not for them. Its the going rate around here for commercial work so rather than waste anyones time the rate is already on the table. No need for the negativity. Not forcing anyone to take it just offering work to people who may not have any.

Don't see a reason to be pissy about that myself.

It wasn't pissy just my thought, but seeing as you thought I was I may as well add that it is a disgusting price. Fair play for being up front though

It wasn't pissy just my thought, but seeing as you thought I was I may as well add that it is a disgusting price. Fair play for being up front though

I bet you can guess what my thoughts are at the moment.

Dont be childish, if you have plenty of work and you get £4-5m2 for skim only then well done you. If you wouldn't work for £2.20m2 then move on because clearly the thread is no use to you. I can't see the logic in being a nobhead i really can't.

I don't see how defending plasterers pay as being a nobhead but hey.

The only reason it's 2.20 is because too many are taking a cut before paying the guy who does it, as I know school/hospital projects pay very well ( to main contractor)

Anyway I have moved on so I'll say no more

Ah didnt know there was one there. My mrs works at Richard lee and they're halfway through building a new school so thought it might be that. No doubt itll be a halal school?

Ah didnt know there was one there. My mrs works at Richard lee and they're halfway through building a new school so thought it might be that. No doubt itll be a halal school?

Yep. Nice building though to be fair. Catering for the locals on the foleshill road. my mates daughter starts there in sept so hope there almost done! I got offered some plastering there a few months ago, thought it'd be long done

Listen im already a bit bored of people complaining. If the work isn't paying what you'd want thats fine, move on. If you have better paid, longer term and quicker payment work then by all means add a link to the thread for anyone that see's this to also have the chance of your work.

Some people really seem to struggle with this but the uk is a big place, different regions have different rates. Around here this is the going rate.

If anyone has a problem with me offering people work then do me a favour and pm me or better still give me a call on the mobile number thats first to discuss because while some of you might have better rates and plenty of work some people will have neither.

It's a public forum @thebearbeef and when piss poor rates are being offered people will not be happy, I appreciate you do not want those who have no interest in it to post, but likewise being a public forum if you are not prepared to be shot down then don't post the rate simple.

It's a public forum @thebearbeef and when piss poor rates are being offered people will not be happy, I appreciate you do not want those who have no interest in it to post, but likewise being a public forum if you are not prepared to be shot down then don't post the rate simple.

I'm lost for words with you now. Thanks for the comments x

Anyway I have moved on so I'll say no more

I thought you were going to say no more gps?

I personally would like to see the rate & work in an 'ad' as you know whether to bother or not, so your nots wasting your time, or the time of the employer.

I thought you were going to say no more gps?

I personally would like to see the rate & work in an 'ad' as you know whether to bother or not, so your nots wasting your time, or the time of the employer.

I wasn't but after reading on felt obliged.

I agree with you but at the same time as I said it's a public forum and people have the right to post their resentment at a rate being offered equally if it was a good rate to post encouragement

at them rates any decent plasterer should still be able to earn, 2 x 35m2 hits per day = £154 per day
and if one of the walls is a window wall you're gaining more, take it or leave it that's the choice

at them rates any decent plasterer should still be able to earn, 2 x 35m2 hits per day = £154 per day
and if one of the walls is a window wall you're gaining more, take it or leave it that's the choice

Thanks kev, nice to see a sensible reply. Each room has one of them window walls in and by the time you pull a bit of firetaping through bit of beading etc we're currently running at about £170 a day each, 2 mixes and off site by half 3 ish easy.

Thats not "decent" money to some though apparently.
i'm not fortunate enough to have dropped on a job in my lifetime that pays £3.50m2 day in day out for £200 a day in 1 mix.

Thanks kev, nice to see a sensible reply. Each room has one of them window walls in and by the time you pull a bit of firetaping through bit of beading etc we're currently running at about £170 a day each, 2 mixes and off site by half 3 ish easy.

Thats not "decent" money to some though apparently.
i'm not fortunate enough to have dropped on a job in my lifetime that pays £3.50m2 day in day out for £200 a day in 1 mix.
Is it cash ;-)

its skimming, not really hard labour is it ? i'm 50 and can still float & set hardwall/multi 50+ m2 a day

Listen im already a bit bored of people complaining. If the work isn't paying what you'd want thats fine, move on. If you have better paid, longer term and quicker payment work then by all means add a link to the thread for anyone that see's this to also have the chance of your work.

Some people really seem to struggle with this but the uk is a big place, different regions have different rates. Around here this is the going rate.

If anyone has a problem with me offering people work then do me a favour and pm me or better still give me a call on the mobile number thats first to discuss because while some of you might have better rates and plenty of work some people will have neither.

The way i see it as im guessing the pay is coming through you is ur taking advantage of people with no work but want quality ? Somebody is getting a big slice of pie and it aint the plasterers . Never even heard of it that low . 3 quid a metre is s**t . Never mind ur price minus tax thats crackers . Im guessing theres a few ppl eating pie though not just ur self :) am not havin a dig really just cant see decent spreads going for that ....... Have fun :maraca:

The way i see it as im guessing the pay is coming through you is ur taking advantage of people with no work but want quality ? Somebody is getting a big slice of pie and it aint the plasterers . Never even heard of it that low . 3 quid a metre is s**t . Never mind ur price minus tax thats crackers . Im guessing theres a few ppl eating pie though not just ur self :) am not havin a dig really just cant see decent spreads going for that ....... Have fun :maraca:

The most i've ever got was £2.60 on a house bashing site in warwick. That was two months ago, everywhere else i've worked in the last two years has been £2.20/30 there's not a single firm that i know of that pays more than that. If we got £3m2 i'd be absolutely chuffed to bits and creaming it in. I'm assuming your somewhere alot closer to London

As for taking advantage you couldn't be further from the truth. the problem with people who get better rates elsewhere is that you all assume that people who offer comparitively low rates to others are ripping people off. Thats not the case.

I'm going to leave my side of the story at that because being honest im bored of defending myself for offering work. Nobody is being forced to take it and as yet all the keyboard warriors and complainers have neither shown me where they are offering better chances for people or rang me to discuss it.

People want to come on the forum and bitch about rates because there in a position where they have work. Alot of people dont and might be happy of the chance at what is some decent work.

I dont remember claiming the rates were record breaking or the work easy.

Na mate well away from london . Toon land me :) well ur obv not on that rate ur self r u ? And advertising for more the same ? Surely not ... Never mind . Am not arsed to be honest just its a shame quality and no money its a good giggle

Status
Not open for further replies.