Plasterboard indicators

mashman

What a great idea.All sparks must be issued with these.No more dry plaster getting dragged across your wall ceiling and no more getting covered in skim

I know I had to google them.The sparks put them on the plasterboard(there stickyback plastic)where there lights are going we skim over them and when the plaster is dry they show through and the spark cuts his holes.Simple but brilliant

I know I had to google them.The sparks put them on the plasterboard(there stickyback plastic)where there lights are going we skim over them and when the plaster is dry they show through and the spark cuts his holes.Simple but brilliant
Have u got a link

http://plasterspot.com

They've been around for a while now.
They good except I was on a job recently and the spark had cut a load of holes out as a couple of them had been moved by the plaster when spreading apparently. [emoji43][emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they small enough to put where the radiator bracket screws go?

What's the poin if you still have to measure , which you can do and after is plastered.,Doesn't make any sense to me, but if they had something for the boxes..... that would of been something.

Remove screws, put gaffer tape up where rad brackets were exactly. faint pencil line on floor or skirting. Plaster, then remove before final trowel. the skim won't stick to the tape and allows rad to go back in original location

If you screw the screws right into the wall take a rough measurement then skim over as normal then use a magnet to locate them, then screw then back out the wall?
Is that without the dots? good idea

No dots, just a rough measure so you know the general area then once it's set run magnet over the wall and find the screws. Job done!

Most of the time I don't measure I just mark the floor in line with them then run the magnet up from that - abit quicker than way!

Most of the time I don't measure I just mark the floor in line with them then run the magnet up from that - abit quicker than way!
You should post this in the top tips thread as its a feckin top tip mate(y)

Ive done jobs after sparks when they just say "ive got all my wires in and measured out so I know where the are"...
Skim the lid and they come back and stick the hole saw thru and, bang on:)...
But some sparks can't use a tape and make a right cuntt of it:LOL:...
Three circles for one spot light:ROFLMAO:
Like the Olympic rings.

Reactions: Pug
Didn't someone share a tip about using a piece of straw pushed into hole, skim over doesn't hurt your trool, jobs a goodun. Might of been the voluptuous @beddy , not sure
Wasnt it @scottie5? When you do monster guages like him suppose last thing you need is going round rad screws. I just take them out +keep popping the holes through again once gone over it. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing sumat here? Wires get pushed up where there hanging sparky cuts out from his plan..y o y wud u wana f**k about for 10mins marking the sparkys spot lights so it makes his job easier!! Lol..i like making it harder not easier..u don't get joiners window fitters going or lads dnt use foam as plasterer will have to cut bk wen set or brickies saying lads lets clean all these snots off the wall so plasterer has it easier or sparks saying lads no tails whatsoever hanging out of sockets as it will slow spread down..shall I go on! Throw the f**k**s up and let them find them f**k em

£7 for 25 dots and they don't hold a thing up? clever though.
They are expensive for what they are, but at least they do exactly what they're intended for very well. Unlike some stupid ideas people come up with. (I'm still pretending you're real see)