Pimlico plumbers blah blah...

Members online

Trouble is you would be looking at wage cut of minimum 40% due to the massive overhead costs of employing through the books

my thoughts aswell....rates dropped for everyone...then sick pay insurance will be the law.

If a company is forced to employ through the books then the costs involved are huge, NI, holiday pay, sick pay, vans, tools, etc etc, wages would have to be slashed.

or their profits will take a hit...

I will never be employed again... not worth it in my eyes but people that work for firms week in week out do it for security. I doubt they are putting in invoices for £300 a day... I would imagine its shitty day work....

Like this the company gets cheap labour without giving any perks of being employed...

mind you there are idiots that charge £120 a day as self employed as well.... god knows how they afford to take 2 weeks off on holiday

or their profits will take a hit...

I will never be employed again... not worth it in my eyes but people that work for firms week in week out do it for security. I doubt they are putting in invoices for £300 a day... I would imagine its shitty day work....

Like this the company gets cheap labour without giving any perks of being employed...

mind you there are idiots that charge £120 a day as self employed as well.... god knows how they afford to take 2 weeks off on holiday

firm ive just started on for has little flats @£650 skim.
day work lads on £120 a day were told they have 5 days max to skim them.
absolute dickheads...and they cant see it.

Its more the freedom then money to me . If i could take home 350 for hours i do now plus holiday pay . Job security till i retire i.d be really tempted . Only deal breaker would be i.d prob go mental after a day .

Its more the freedom then money to me . If i could take home 350 for hours i do now plus holiday pay . Job security till i retire i.d be really tempted . Only deal breaker would be i.d prob go mental after a day .

What grown man with kids and mortgage can live on 350 a week take home???

It’s not much fun being off sick and being self employed I know that much. As a subby I get my tax rebate which I justify as my holiday pay. I ought to invest a bit in a pension really but I don’t.

What grown man with kids and mortgage can live on 350 a week take home???
Wife covers all bills i only pay out bout 70 a week so can survive on 280 a week easy. Food shops never more then 60 as well cook in bulk so stock up. Some weeks we nly need bread milk etc.

Wife covers all bills i only pay out bout 70 a week so can survive on 280 a week easy. Food shops never more then 60 as well cook in bulk so stock up. Some weeks we nly need bread milk etc.
Plus prob get help of goverment lol.

If a company is forced to employ through the books then the costs involved are huge, NI, holiday pay, sick pay, vans, tools, etc etc, wages would have to be slashed.
All true, plus pension contributions that I have to pay have just gone up again last month.

• Agree
Reactions: gps
not true pricework becomes your bonus i worked for a firm who did this

not true pricework becomes your bonus i worked for a firm who did this

You clearly have no idea of staffing costs then, employing someone full time on the books is stupidly expensive. And will see firms have to downsize or go to the wall.

You clearly have no idea of staffing costs then, employing someone full time on the books is stupidly expensive. And will see firms have to downsize or go to the wall.
you get a low basic wage but the rest is made up of a bonus i worked for them for 12 years