multi problems (tearing/striping)

Sorry mate I disagree, how many bags did you use I seen your post from ages ago and always was dumb struck that you didn’t like it mate ?

Andy just order a pallet of pure forget the spray it’s not worth us discussing tbf , let’s see what you and James report back on here about it
We had a free palletfull from BG and managed to use, from memory, just over half of it before it went out of date, but that's another BG story.
It was ok to put on but it used to tear something wicked when trowelling up. It's the only reason I ever bought a plastic trowel, that seemed to tame the poxy stuff.
Obviously we could pay the extra and order in this Pure Finish but then we'd use a pallet and then need maybe another thirty bags. Well that'd have to be a stocked plaster as we're not storing or moving plaster. You could then end up with areas of the house with a completely different looking finish, if I was the client I'd want to know why.

We had a free palletfull from BG and managed to use, from memory, just over half of it before it went out of date, but that's another BG story.
It was ok to put on but it used to tear something wicked when trowelling up. It's the only reason I ever bought a plastic trowel, that seemed to tame the poxy stuff.
Obviously we could pay the extra and order in this Pure Finish but then we'd use a pallet and then need maybe another thirty bags. Well that'd have to be a stocked plaster as we're not storing or moving plaster. You could then end up with areas of the house with a completely different looking finish, if I was the client I'd want to know why.
Andy I really like you mate but I’m gonna say it straight that just sounds like a cop out , buy two pallets then and use it and find someone to store it for you , I saw you post the other day saying you’d be happy to pay £2 more for the right material and pure is it imo

The spray finish (no disrespect at all ) but I think you got your trowel timings wrong and that’s all, as it hangs for ages and then pulls in super fast towards the end of set , where as all other thistle finishes aren’t like that they pull in a lot earlier than the spray.

Andy I really like you mate but I’m gonna say it straight that just sounds like a cop out , buy two pallets then and use it and find someone to store it for you , I saw you post the other day saying you’d be happy to pay £2 more for the right material and pure is it imo

The spray finish (no disrespect at all ) but I think you got your trowel timings wrong and that’s all, as it hangs for ages and then pulls in super fast towards the end of set , where as all other thistle finishes aren’t like that they pull in a lot earlier than the spray.
I'd only be willing to pay extra for a stocked material, I have absolutely zero interest in storing bagged materials at our unit, been there done that. Never again, it's not cost effective to keep moving stuff around. If you're the sort of guy that goes to your lockup and picks up half a dozen bags and that's enough to do a job, then fine, but that's not us. We've just finished a job where we've used eight different types of board and we've only got one board left on site. That'll be going in the skip. Two pallets of board adhesive and we've got three left over, I'll drop those back to Jewsons next time I'm passing.
Again I'm not sure if the Spray Finish has changed?
We were using it down at BG pre release and I think that we were pretty much au fait with the product before it ever arrived on site. Again it's (was) a very fine plaster and poor for filling out to beads and frames. It lacked 'body'.
No disrespect to you, but I'm not sure that you've ever used or can at least remember what quality finish plaster was like.

I'd only be willing to pay extra for a stocked material, I have absolutely zero interest in storing bagged materials at our unit, been there done that. Never again, it's not cost effective to keep moving stuff around. If you're the sort of guy that goes to your lockup and picks up half a dozen bags and that's enough to do a job, then fine, but that's not us. We've just finished a job where we've used eight different types of board and we've only got one board left on site. That'll be going in the skip. Two pallets of board adhesive and we've got three left over, I'll drop those back to Jewsons next time I'm passing.
Again I'm not sure if the Spray Finish has changed?
We were using it down at BG pre release and I think that we were pretty much au fait with the product before it ever arrived on site. Again it's (was) a very fine plaster and poor for filling out to beads and frames. It lacked 'body'.
No disrespect to you, but I'm not sure that you've ever used or can at least remember what quality finish plaster was like.
Fair enough mate, it would be good to see what other guys such as yourself and hopefully James say about the pure I get what you say about it being an absolute ball ache to not be able to just pick up a few bags of the gear , god knows why bg haven’t made this possible for any plasterer ( but they do say it’s merchants who have the power to order it in from demand from customer which is fair enough) a lot of people have not had chance to use this and other plasters due to this order pallet only scenario and it is irritating and been dragging on for over a year or two now , really hope some do take the plunge though and see what I’m saying.

Andy in your working life from when you was the lad to working upto today I’m sure you have worked pretty much the same way as you were taught give or take a few adjustments over the years if you with many years experience like others on here are moaning clearly there is a problem I bet in the testing lab at bg they don’t plaster a whole wall or a whole ceiling and do the process we all follow I bet it’s more like a board worth and then go well I could trowel it up and it’s not the material, on a job is totally different to how it’s probably tested

Andy in your working life from when you was the lad to working upto today I’m sure you have worked pretty much the same way as you were taught give or take a few adjustments over the years if you with many years experience like others on here are moaning clearly there is a problem I bet in the testing lab at bg they don’t plaster a whole wall or a whole ceiling and do the process we all follow I bet it’s more like a board worth and then go well I could trowel it up and it’s not the material, on a job is totally different to how it’s probably tested
Well when we were up at East Leake there were bays and bits where materials were set up and I definitely didn't see any 30sqm ceilings or large walls, so you're probably right.

I think that part of the problem is completely the opposite of what you said and that the stuff is just too fine.
Years ago you couldn't just blend the gear into a finished area, it was just too coarse. This stuff is more like Easifil.
I think that the fact it's so fine is why it shrinks back so quickly from beads or tapered boards. Just no 'body' to it.
Now back in 2018 did u know something about make good multi then Andy that’s nearly word for word how plasterers have descibed mg multi lol

Now back in 2018 did u know something about make good multi then Andy that’s nearly word for word how plasterers have descibed mg multi lol
I had used Knauf finish back then and from what I've seen and heard the MG stuff is exactly the same as that. Shite. Even bad multi wasn't as bad as the Knauf gear we used.

Finally made it look good

Attachments

• DDBB16A8-1752-4D17-86D4-9C39D2F50162.jpeg
    DDBB16A8-1752-4D17-86D4-9C39D2F50162.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158