multi peeling off ?!

Can you remember unifinish 1
that was recalled thousands & thousands of pallets sent back to BG.
Wonder what happened to all that? :rolleyes:

As 95% of a bag of finish plaster is just pure ground down gypsum Rock & the other 5% is additives I can't see them throwing all that gypsum away can you? :coffe:

Plus I'll say it again even though the FBI will take me out for saying it & I'm prepared to sacrifice my life for telling the truth about BG but when I was there one of them said to me after I asked him, they do add out of date stock into the new stock in tiny amounts, I know what I heard & there was others standing there off here aswell. :sisi:

Not saying that this is what caused the problems posted above, that's down to user error :coffe:

FBI will sort this..

My point is unifinish 2 is made in batch's when needed (smaller quantities)..it's not stocked in merchants to be sent back like uni 1.
I have to order it in.
I just seen KGB driving past.

Hmmmmm wait a second I only said what others have said, don't go all defensive, why am I turning it into something else and what is it am turning it into? Grow up, your the first to jump to the defence of uni but you just say stuff you never back it up with facts, I've mentioned why mixing plasters together can cause a reaction and you have spat your dummy out with your usual exit strategy.
Maybe I read it wrong then.
Not bothered tbh

FBI will sort this..

My point is unifinish 2 is made in batch's when needed (smaller quantities)..it's not stocked in merchants to be sent back like uni 1.
I have to order it in.
I just seen KGB driving past.

Maybe I read it wrong then.
Not bothered tbh
And that's the exit strategy lol fickin pathetic

Draught won't cause the plaster peeling off the board. It will set it differently and when one spot is fine the other will cause dragging and tiger strips.

Update. I've been to the job this morning to see for myself.
He's got over it best he can but is going over one of them again today. I will upload some pics later when I get home.
Another twist is that when he washed up he says the water went frothy and smelled odd.
Also I've looked in some of the bags and it just doesn't feel right and has lots of white lumps in it.
As I said before this is a quality guy who did an apprenticeship and has done nothing but good work in all aspects of plastering. He's laughing about it now but was in a right flap on Saturday !

He's got over it best he can but is going over one of them again today. I will upload some pics later when I get home.
Another twist is that when he washed up he says the water went frothy and smelled odd.
Also I've looked in some of the bags and it just doesn't feel right and has lots of white lumps in it.
As I said before this is a quality guy who did an apprenticeship and has done nothing but good work in all aspects of plastering. He's laughing about it now but was in a right flap on Saturday !

That is exactly what I had on a couple of bags a few weeks ago, you can smell the chemicals in the plaster half way through the set. Also when cleaning out I had loads of white airy bubbles rising.

Ive been shovelling it on the walls for the past 35 yrs and never really had this problem.
When I was working in Tobago in 35' heat had no problems. Then the builder removed the windows and I had the exact same problem on windy days. I even spent an hour after the final trowel mist coating it with water but it still dried and dusted off. Nightmare , had to block up all the windows in each room with p/board to solve the problem

@theplasterman you know all about these white bits you were talking about it the other week?

@theplasterman you know all about these white bits you were talking about it the other week?
Found it for you @theplasterman :) thank me later
Shud of kept me mouth off this thread but if it helps the white bits are what makes it stick they trowel up ok and paint up ok I have seen it on some of my bags god knows why bg said to send them photos etc IMO there is nothing to be concerned about , a member on here message me about them a while ago in a panick I told him just paint and see , he message back all was fine when painted..
Can understand @BritishGypsum might have to be diplomatic when dealing with people's concerns but I tell you straight
Nothing wrong with white bits and when it's dry it looks like little pink spots but again it's just the additive inside doing the sticking to the surface.
Wish @BritishGypsum could be a bit quicker and straight forward in explaining stuff sometimes ,
Plasterers just want telling straight.

Frothy smelly water tells me one thing......its been pissed in

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

You will say absolutely anything to get me into a argument..all your perfect plastering facts and now dragging in things from other threads stick to topic plonker his ceiling fell off not mine.
If I ever did I'd just reskim it
Will u 2 just arrange a fight or sumat..charity boxing match sponsored by the forum? Id pay 2 watch it..end of day the guys work has peeled off because of a breeze that's the bottom line of it no 2 ways about it its f**k all to do with the bags

I disagree kitchy. The breeze would play f**k with the surface it wouldn't make it debond from the very surface it's made to go on.

Will u 2 just arrange a fight or sumat..charity boxing match sponsored by the forum? Id pay 2 watch it..end of day the guys work has peeled off because of a breeze that's the bottom line of it no 2 ways about it its f**k all to do with the bags
I've already said I don't give a monkeys..it's him not me (suppose everyone has a person on here they kick off with).

Maybe he has had a bad day

Draught won't cause the plaster peeling off the board. It will set it differently and when one spot is fine the other will cause dragging and tiger strips.
I done a ceiling around a loft hatch today.
15 mm gap around hatch doors,vacum of air started shrinking finish and lifting of wall.had to mask around it.

This was what I was saying earlier Rossi and no one has said it..
Why would plaster fall off fresh board?

I done a ceiling around a loft hatch today.
15 mm gap around hatch doors,vacum of air started shrinking finish and lifting of wall.had to mask around it.
Every winter I have to plaster rooms without windows and doors. Freezing , especially in the mornings and had never plaster coming off. A real nightmare to get it right and you have to pull all magic tricks from your sleeve to make it right. The days of using sponge are coming closer in conditions like this I think. I will dismiss the new plaster-old plaster mix scenario too . We do this on daily basis wether for a quick set or just to save the stuff. You get around it.

naked twister is the only true way to settle it

I just rang Penn and Teller, they say it was all down to magic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Every winter I have to plaster rooms without windows and doors. Freezing , especially in the mornings and had never plaster coming off. A real nightmare to get it right and you have to pull all magic tricks from your sleeve to make it right. The days of using sponge are coming closer in conditions like this I think. I will dismiss the new plaster-old plaster mix scenario too . We do this on daily basis wether for a quick set or just to save the stuff. You get around it.
Yes in winter!!! Its the summer wen it happens warm air and the breeze mixed 2gether make it peel..i said on 1 of my 1st comments it dsnt happen in winter only the summer

This is one of the ceilings that has been on 48 hours an is still greasy- zoom in and you can see how patchy it is
image.jpeg

You will say absolutely anything to get me into a argument..all your perfect plastering facts and now dragging in things from other threads stick to topic plonker his ceiling fell off not mine.
If I ever did I'd just reskim it
How rude :( it is on topic you plonker the guy had said its full of white bits and your the one who knows all the facts about uni and you said that contained white bits, there was a suggestion they had been mixing in the uni to which you said no way. I used that post to highlight what you said and it was on topic.

I've already said I don't give a monkeys..it's him not me (suppose everyone has a person on here they kick off with).

Maybe he has had a bad day
I've had a great day xx it's gonna get better I can see it lol I don't have a person I kick off with I have people ;) oh and your not one of them I just like to wind you up xx