Members online

I read the title as "is skim drying out" thought it was another moan about the s**t plaster we get but to answer the question. No.

Thought I would pop this up for you guys to have a look at the training schemes that Knauf can offer - Training Centres in Sittingbourne in Kent and Immingham in NE Lincolnshire

http://www.knauf.co.uk/training

Some of the plaster product training can also be done more locally if suitable, give Knauf a call and have a chat!

All the best

Richard Lord
Do they offer free food on the training ?

After today's ordeal I'd like a self leveling skim what you can just chuck on the ceiling or wall and bugger off home

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Talking to the enemy Pete? BG will have your balls in a vice!
I be honest I told the scissor dude already I respect the way he always on here to answer queries and help advise on threads..would save a lot of arguments on forum if all the company's did the same as him.
A lot of great advise of spreads is invaluable (especially the older ones) sometimes the company's I feel should be more active like scissors.

Knauf seem to be targeting more new build products to help plasterers make more money and there job easier with this airless it's plasterers that are slow to catch on to what products are available.

I be honest I told the scissor dude already I respect the way he always on here to answer queries and help advise on threads..would save a lot of arguments on forum if all the company's did the same as him.
A lot of great advise of spreads is invaluable (especially the older ones) sometimes the company's I feel should be more active like scissors.

Knauf seem to be targeting more new build products to help plasterers make more money and there job easier with this airless it's plasterers that are slow to catch on to what products are available.
Be careful not to mention any companies in particular, you wouldn't want your work to dry up lol

I find it strange how when shes at work theres no order in my house and I end up wobbly.....
When im at work I come home to a spotless gaff with little angels well behaved .....

Im safer on site !!!!

Im pretty sure that its a waste product from power stations... I am certain that we will be using man made plasters in the future made from totally recycled materials

i agree, i am sure it is called synthetic gypsum. to meet the new weights for h and s. with the grey paper on the plasterboard sheets being recycled paper, the only thing that is new is the ivory paper on the face side of the board.

i agree, i am sure it is called synthetic gypsum. to meet the new weights for h and s. with the grey paper on the plasterboard sheets being recycled paper, the only thing that is new is the ivory paper on the face side of the board.

Isnt all knauf recycled

I wonder how the price compares for materials... say, a 5m x 3m wall skimmed in BG vs Airless

@Curry uses it on reskims as well :D

I dont think it will ever die though... yes the demand may slow down but then less plasterers will get in the trade so the money will most likely increase...

you need to adapt and move with the times... I dont like tape and jointing and I think even @TonyM agrees its a substandard finish to skim...
It's s**t, and I'm brilliant at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought that the sheer number of 'skimmers' that have flooded the trade says no it's not dying out.
I wish the 'skimmers' would though.
They are taking food out of real plasterers kids mouths...

If any "skimmer" is taking food out of your kids mouths you must be a s**t "plasterer"

I wonder how the price compares for materials... say, a 5m x 3m wall skimmed in BG vs Airless

We average 20m2 out of a bag of airless so that works out abiut 80p a meter. With the joint filler and scrim and fibafuse works out about a quid a meter

I don't even know how much multi is now it's been that long.

The finish of airless is better and we also cream it in on the decs

Im no longer a plasterer I'm a finisher :)

Got more chance of me winning euro millions and dry humping Katie price than airless taking off over multi..

We average 20m2 out of a bag of airless so that works out abiut 80p a meter. With the joint filler and scrim and fibafuse works out about a quid a meter

Got more chance of me winning euro millions and dry humping Katie price than airless taking off over multi..

Did you ever see the finish of airless up close. And a light shining down the wall. It puts multi to shame tbh. I've only used 6 bags and that was in a plastering machine not an airless sprayer and I was impressed. My old man was with me he is a plasterer over 50 years and is old school gives out about all the new tools out. Lol the only thing I've seen him like is the mixing drill lol and it took him 3 Months to like a diesel plastering machine lol. When we tried out the airless. At the end of the day he said f**k using multi. He even told me to buy an airless sprayer. And for him to say that I was shocked.

Did you ever see the finish of airless up close. And a light shining down the wall. It puts multi to shame tbh. I've only used 6 bags and that was in a plastering machine not an airless sprayer and I was impressed. My old man was with me he is a plasterer over 50 years and is old school gives out about all the new tools out. Lol the only thing I've seen him like is the mixing drill lol and it took him 3 Months to like a diesel plastering machine lol. When we tried out the airless. At the end of the day he said f**k using multi. He even told me to buy an airless sprayer. And for him to say that I was shocked.

My old man said the same thing and its really worked out well. Got f**k*d off with site agents running lights down multi saying it was s**t so we changed to a superior system.

I agree id love to do airless..im fed up of skimming mysen tbh but it wont take over multi its not that I dnt want It to its the fact that it will stay at ur top end of client job

That's s**t hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell u wht tho If airless did gradually take over expect ur prices to cum rocketing down as with the looks of it any tom dick and harry cud do it

Too many variables tho...its like learning the trade again.
Can you go over most surfaces like multi or is it just for boards?
Can you spray over set plaster?
Need to PVA or some other new chemical?
Does it trowel up normal?
Setting times?
Is scrim of no use?
What about sh1t boarding that someone else has done?
Where can you buy it?
Etc. Etc. Etc

Too many variables tho...its like learning the trade again.
Can you go over most surfaces like multi or is it just for boards?
Can you spray over set plaster?
Need to PVA or some other new chemical?
Does it trowel up normal?
Setting times?
Is scrim of no use?
What about sh1t boarding that someone else has done?
Where can you buy it?
Etc. Etc. Etc

Hi CeeVee

Hopefully my colleague Clive @quinns will be on this thread on Monday to give some answers and comments

Rich