How long do you need to wait to skim a new skim?

Aron86

Hi,

My builder sent his plasterers in today to reskim the kitchen ready to fit new units Wednesday. Unfortunately it doesn't look to have gone well, its uneven, full of trowel marks, you can see bare board / wall in places, generally looks like a novice job.

I was wondering how long you need to wait before it can be skimmed again?

Hi,

My builder sent his plasterers in today to reskim the kitchen ready to fit new units Wednesday. Unfortunately it doesn't look to have gone well, its uneven, full of trowel marks, you can see bare board / wall in places, generally looks like a novice job.

Is it going to be seen

@Casper and his labs on way to ye now pal...

cowboys.gif

Thanks for the response everyone.

I'm relieved to hear it can be reskimed quickly. I had a vision of spending the next week with a kitchen in my front room whilst it dried.

The areas they have skimmed are the bits where it is going to be visible so it will need to be redone.

I'm not sure whats gone wrong, they've done the bathroom and bedroom properly (I watched them closely) but last couple of days they've cut corners on the floor insulation, tried to skim the walls in EasyFill and now left me with a bad plastering job.

Could be the boarding is wrong / out, probably the builder did it before the guy came to skim it , most of them try there luck

Hi,

Until you have taped your new beads on

Either running out of time or money or both, and under pressure to start on a new job.
Was it the same plasterers who did the other rooms? Strange if it was, more likely unable to get them and tried something else to get on with the units.